What do YOU call Hillsborough?

Always was Owlerton to my grandad and my dad, and so it was always Owlerton to me.

Mind you, HILLSBOROUGH is starting to grow on me a bit as  progress, not very gracefully, into my mind 70's.

Buggered if I know how I'll go on if we move to a new home.

It's taken me 40 odd years to come to terms with "Hillsborough" lol

• Like 3

Anyone know why the name "Owlerton" died out?

For those arguing that striped shirts are important because it's our identity, it's tradition, surely the use of Owlerton is the same. It's our spiritual home, our identity.

I say bring it back. Along with The Wednesday.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, owls_wawaw said:

Always been my theatre of dreams 

In my dreams, we beat Man C in 1970, Forest in 1991 and Palace in whenever it was.   And Catterick and Atkinson had their feet nailed down so they couldn't leave us.

To me, a Wednesdayite since the 60's, it's always been Hillsborough.  To my Dad, a fan since the 40's, it's still The  Wednesday Ground - but he still thinks he sits in the New Stand (south).  

I think the name change from Owlerton to Hillsborough was something to do with electoral boundary changes, but I wouldn't put more than a couple of bob on it.

Guest Jack the Hat

When my daughters were young and we'd drive past, I would call it the big blue castle. One day I'll take you there!!!!!!!!!