• Barry Bannan 

David Jones 

• George Boyd 

• Almen Abdi 

• Marco Matias

• Gary Hooper 

• Lucas Joao

if the contracts was up now this is who I would keep

if the price is right i'd be looking to sell any of them ......your playing a dangerous game if you have 13 players out of contract especially some of your better players .if they are wanting to keep some of them they should be doing the new deals now .

I love how people have decided on a number of players, when their contracts don't run out for another 12 months.

Only six months ago, only a minority of fans would've suggested awarding new contracts to Nuhiu and Pudil. 

A lot can happen in 12 months, and when you look at how much Luhukay has got out of players who were seemingly surplus to requirements, it really isn't beyond the realms of possibility that he could do the same with others in similar situations. 

The key has to be looking to tie players who could be worth value beyond their current contract periods to longer contracts. We have to maximise our current assets with our FFP status. 

• Thanks 1

This pre season as in now we should be getting Joao Hunt and Bannan tied down. 

Lee Matias and Hooper have to earn a new one by January by staying fit and playing well.

Westwood should be sold now as he is a sellable asset and doesn’t need replacing. Rest we can get rid of if possible.

• Keiran Westwood - sell this summer.

• Daniel Pudil - would be turning 34 at the start of next season, so can't see past this season for Pudil.

• Morgan Fox - allow to leave this summer.

• Jack Hunt - contract extension.

• Liam Palmer - sell this summer.

• Kieran Lee - depends on Lee's injury.

• Barry Bannan - contract extension.

• David Jones - allow to leave this summer.

• George Boyd - allow to leave this summer.

• Almen Abdi - allow to leave ASAP. Abdi has quality, just never makes the team.

• Marco Matias - as Abdi.

• Gary Hooper - depends on Hooper's injury.

• Lucas Joao - contract extension.

As has been said, next summer is a great opportunity to re-shape the squad and hopefully a lot of those above put in performances to get a contract extension/great deal elsewhere.

• Keiran Westwood     Sell 

• Daniel Pudil  Rolling contract 

• Morgan Fox Get rid 

• Jack Hunt   Get Rid 

• Liam Palmer  Get Rid 

• Kieran Lee Keep if fit 

• Barry Bannan  Keep needs an extension now 

• David Jones Get Rid 

• George Boyd Get Rid 

• Almen Abdi  Get Rid 

• Marco Matias Get Rid 

• Gary Hooper  Keep if fit 

• Lucas Joao Keep , needs an extension now 

Just now, hugeowl said:

• Morgan Fox Get rid 

• Jack Hunt   Get Rid 

• Liam Palmer  Get Rid 

• Kieran Lee Keep if fit 

• David Jones Get Rid 

• George Boyd Get Rid 

• Almen Abdi  Get Rid 

• Marco Matias Get Rid 

• Gary Hooper  Keep if fit 

• Lucas Joao Keep , needs an extension now 

Agree with all that but will be disappointed to see Westwood leave even though we have 2 fantastic young keepers

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Agree with all that but will be disappointed to see Westwood leave even though we have 2 fantastic young keepers

Me too but he has had his fair share of injuries and could command a decent fee , plus we do have 2 great keepers and Dawson may turn out to be as good as Westwood . 

17 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

This next season could be very interesting indeed in terms of who Wednesday sell, release and tie down to new contracts. There are apparently 13 players out of contract at the end of next season. If sources are correct, these are:

• Keiran Westwood 

• Daniel Pudil 

• Morgan Fox

• Jack Hunt 

• Liam Palmer 

• Kieran Lee

• Barry Bannan 

• David Jones 

• George Boyd 

• Almen Abdi 

• Marco Matias

• Gary Hooper 

• Lucas Joao

It's hard to say what will happen due to form, injury, age, etc but based on current form, who would you be cashing in on, who would you release and who should we definitely try to tie down to a new contract? 

For me in the next few weeks we need to be resigning Westwood to an addition 2 years on his existing deal, Hooper when fit is very good but he not played 30 games in any of the season we have had him because of fitness or injury issues as one of our top earners should we be looking at maybe getting rid and reinvesting in other areas if Nuihu and Joao continue to improve with Fessi as well, will we be as dependent on him. 

Bannan I would also look to extend for 2 more years unless we get a silly offer in the summer of £7m+ , Joao also needs extending we have developed him and in the next 18 months if he keeps going he is going to become a great player for us.

The rest Lee included need to show they are worth a new contract, Jones, Matias, Abdi, Fox, Palmer, Hunt I would look to try and offload before the start of next season these players simply are not good enough for us to step to the next level or they are never fit to contribute but we have to find clubs willing to take them.

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

We have to fantastic young keepers because they have been pushed to be better to get in the team with Westwood as No1.

It would be a massive mistake for the next 18 months to not keep Westwood not to mention if he was released/sold he would end up at one of our rivals also a massive mistake. Westwood, Joao, Bannan should not be allowed to get to 6 month left on their contract.

47 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

• Keiran Westwood - sell this summer.

• Daniel Pudil - would be turning 34 at the start of next season, so can't see past this season for Pudil.

• Morgan Fox - allow to leave this summer.

• Jack Hunt - contract extension.

• Liam Palmer - sell this summer.

• Kieran Lee - depends on Lee's injury.

• Barry Bannan - contract extension.

• David Jones - allow to leave this summer.

• George Boyd - allow to leave this summer.

• Almen Abdi - allow to leave ASAP. Abdi has quality, just never makes the team.

• Marco Matias - as Abdi.

• Gary Hooper - depends on Hooper's injury.

• Lucas Joao - contract extension.

As has been said, next summer is a great opportunity to re-shape the squad and hopefully a lot of those above put in performances to get a contract extension/great deal elsewhere.

This but Matias keep and give him a chance to play if keeps fit.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
17 hours ago, Watson said:

Keep 

• Keiran Westwood 

• Jack Hunt 

• Kieran Lee

• Barry Bannan 

• Almen Abdi 

• Marco Matias

• Gary Hooper 

• Lucas Joao

Allow to leave

• Daniel Pudil 

• Morgan Fox

• Liam Palmer 

• David Jones 

• George Boyd 

Sorry mate.  You are getting a negs for putting Abdi in the keep pile.  Are you out of your mind?

12 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Sorry mate.  You are getting a negs for putting Abdi in the keep pile.  Are you out of your mind?

I see where he’s coming from as Abdi is quality and I’ve said before would be ideal for us now CC had gone and if fit. Sadly I don’t think if he was to get fit he would get the run of games he’d need to be the player we bought. So I think if we could offload it would be best all round 

All this Abdi is quality ?

When I have seen him play for us, on the few occasions he's been fit, he's been nothing special imo, certainly no better than what we already have in midfield 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

• Morgan Fox Get rid 

• Jack Hunt   Get Rid 

• Liam Palmer  Get Rid 

• Kieran Lee Keep if fit 

• David Jones Get Rid 

• George Boyd Get Rid 

• Almen Abdi  Get Rid 

• Marco Matias Get Rid