Contracts

8 hours ago, abdiwonderland said:

Keep them all as it is, let them play for a contract. Look what it's done for Nuhiu. Might be the extra 5% we need to go up.

if you keep it as it is then this time next year you'll have bannan,joao, hooper,westwood , lee,hunt all available to go for free ......on present values you'd be looking 10-15 million quids worth of players who can just walk away for zilch , chuck it what it what cost to replace them and you'd be looking at something similar so leaving as it is could cost us around  30 million ..........

17 minutes ago, torryowl said:

if you keep it as it is then this time next year you'll have bannan,joao, hooper,westwood , lee,hunt all available to go for free ......on present values you'd be looking 10-15 million quids worth of players who can just walk away for zilch , chuck it what it what cost to replace them and you'd be looking at something similar so leaving as it is could cost us around  30 million ..........

If we go up we wont want them and if we dont they will want to re sign. 

4 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

If we go up we wont want them and if we dont they will want to re sign. 

not if they get a better offer elsewhere they wont ....example ..if bannan is worth 3million quid and out of contract a club who want him can give him 2 million just for signing with them , I doubt we could give him 2 million plus his wages to re sign for us ......it's crazy to let your better players run down there contracts 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
6 hours ago, Watson said:

I accept your apology.  I'm not out of my mind. 

You really are my friend.  Along with Rhodes, Abdi has turned out to be a complete flop and an extremely expensive one too.  Such a shame as I was happy as Larry when we signed these two.  Funny old game football.

9 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

You really are my friend.  Along with Rhodes, Abdi has turned out to be a complete flop and an extremely expensive one too.  Such a shame as I was happy as Larry when we signed these two.  Funny old game football.

Flop in terms of injury I could grant you, but his ability is undoubted and I hope that Larry will happy next season when Abdi makes a significant contribution.

Edited by Watson

50 minutes ago, Watson said:

Flop in terms of injury I could grant you, but his ability is undoubted and I hope that Larry will happy next season when Abdi makes a significant contribution.

The only contribution he will make is to draining our finances , his legs have gone mate anyone with a modicum of football nouse can see that 

He has not been injured recently but cannot even make the squad , we are even playing the youngsters in front of him 

1 minute ago, hugeowl said:

The only contribution he will make is to draining our finances , his legs have gone mate anyone with a modicum of football nouse can see that 

He has not been injured recently but cannot even make the squad , we are even playing the youngsters in front of him 

Not seen any evidence that his legs have 'gone', needs some playing time that's all.

2 hours ago, Watson said:

Not seen any evidence that his legs have 'gone', needs some playing time that's all.

Watch the video on youtube of Bolton away in the cup and the lead up to their penalty .

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Watson said:

Will not happen pal.  I still think you are deluded but let’s call it optimism as it sounds better.

My prediction is Abdi will be released on a free or for a paltry fee and return to Switzerland.

3 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Will not happen pal.  I still think you are deluded but let’s call it optimism as it sounds better.

My prediction is Abdi will be released on a free or for a paltry fee and return to Switzerland.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave but I still think there is a very good player to be prised from all the bandages, casts and eye patches.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 minutes ago, Watson said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he did leave but I still think there is a very good player to be prised from all the bandages, casts and eye patches.

I hope you are right mate.  Let’s wait and see!!  UTO

Funnily enough I think Abdi would revel as the attacking midfield 

I link man in jos' 352. 

However...

This bloke has cost us some serious money in fee and wages. It has been an absolute flop of of a signing so far. 

He's 32 in a couple of months time. Once the injuries start biting they're harder and harder to get over.  Sometimes I think you have to cut your losses. 

If it had been up now I've no doubt at all Jos would have had him out the door.

Absolute make or break for him this pre-season. 

Last chance saloon. 

20 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Funnily enough I think Abdi would revel as the attacking midfield 

I link man in jos' 352. 

However...

This bloke has cost us some serious money in fee and wages. It has been an absolute flop of of a signing so far. 

He's 32 in a couple of months time. Once the injuries start biting they're harder and harder to get over.  Sometimes I think you have to cut your losses. 

If it had been up now I've no doubt at all Jos would have had him out the door.

Absolute make or break for him this pre-season. 

Last chance saloon. 

This.

Would love Abdi to come good (he was outstanding at Watford) but I think it's a triumph for hope over expectation.

I will be wildly and perhaps ridiculously optimistic and say that if (despite all evidence to the contrary and  despite his injury history here) he gets a proper pre-season he can really contribute.

But if I were a gambling man I wouldn't put tuppence on it...