Offload dilemma

5 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

sauce?

Forest fans ITK. He was lined up in January but they wanted us to pay a % of his wage that we thought too steep.

I saw the writing on the wall on Saturday. We're 4-0 up after 60 minutes and have our record signing sat on the bench.

If he was part of the plans for next year and supposedly suffering a crisis of confidence then what better circumstance to come on for 30 minutes and score a couple. The fact that we brought Palmer and Matias on rather than Rhodes speaks volumes. He's off, no doubt about it.

• Thanks 3

Maybe there’s a slim chance that we might be able to sell Rhodes to Stoke now They’re managed by Lambert, and of course they have those parachute payments They might be thinking his goals might fire them straight back up

15 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

I saw the writing on the wall on Saturday. We're 4-0 up after 60 minutes and have our record signing sat on the bench.

Psychic too :ph34r:. That didn't happen until Sunday. lol

• Like 1

Whilst his injuries and age are a concern I do think that Fletcher has been a useful player for us since he's arrived.

Obviously if a decent off came in it'd be foolish not to take it, but he's hasn't been the flop that's being hinted at.

12 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Whilst his injuries and age are a concern I do think that Fletcher has been a useful player for us since he's arrived.

Obviously if a decent off came in it'd be foolish not to take it, but he's hasn't been the flop that's being hinted at.

The movement of the front three on Saturday was excellent, and that’s what we should be looking for Not sure that Fletcher can provide that

Hooper and Matias are also pretty mobile, so maybe I’d be looking to add one more to the group Another with pace, would be my preference

2 hours ago, A12owl said:

Fletcher

Nuhiu

Rhodes

Jôao

Hooper

Forestieri

Winnal (still belongs to us)

That's 7 strikers. We cannot afford them all. 

A maximum of 4 is probably all we need and can afford assuming Jos plays 3 up front. There is probably an U23 who could play in injury emergencies . It's unlikely that Jos can keep 7 strikers happy with playing time. 

For me it would be 

Nuhiu

Jôao

Hooper

Forestieri

I would hope that Jos could get Rhodes back to his old form but if it came to having to reduce wages then I would regrettably get rid of Rhodes . Possibly on a loan so that in a years time he could come back or be sold dependant on how he has performed  . 

It all depends on what formation Jos has in mind and how many we can realistically afford to keep without jeapordising strengthening elsewhere.

Interesting times ahead .

I think Winnall will move but in the revised

formation we play we can have 3/4 strikers on the pitch. Nuhiu, Rhodes or Fletcher up front with FF, Hooper and Joao able to play in the space behind them.

4 hours ago, jfr142 said:

So how.do we get rid of fletcher. Abdi. Fox. Jones. 

I'd let them all go in frees if anyone would have them.

Simple answer is we won't unless we subsidise a move elsewhere and expect them to run their contracts down. Fox is the more likely to be able to move on given his age and presumably his contract would not be unattainable for most other teams in the league. That said, Jos gave him a run of games, so maybe he views him differently to the majority of the fan base?

Also think we might be open to offers for other players, Palmer, Rhodes for example who seem to be bit part players under Jos, even when fit.

I'd be interested to see Fletcher given a go though if he can get fit. Jos has done well with Nuhiu as the central focal point and think this might suit Fletcher's game too, so could be a good fit in Jos' preferred formation.

Fletcher, Rhodes and Winnall are not good enough footballers to have anything but bit part roles We saw the way forward on Saturday Put any of those three in that front line, and the whole thing would have broken down

Edited by gurujuan

Fletcher is a crock and ageing , a symbol of exactly where the mistakes were made . He has a few good games granted but he’s on mega money and nuihu has been far better this season. We are stuck with him though so hopefully he will at least contribute this time round 

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The movement of the front three on Saturday was excellent, and that’s what we should be looking for Not sure that Fletcher can provide that

Hooper and Matias are also pretty mobile, so maybe I’d be looking to add one more to the group Another with pace, would be my preference

I think that Fletcher can compete with Nuhiu for that central birth.  With Joao in the mix and with it being quite clear that Jos sees Matias as a striker. I don't think goals are going to be the probem they have previously. 

Genuinly think that centre half will remain priority. I know that money is going to be tight but I expect we'll be making sure Venancio is the main target before we start looking at the top end of the pitch.

5 hours ago, jfr142 said:

So how.do we get rid of fletcher. Abdi. Fox. Jones. 

I'd let them all go in frees if anyone would have them.

Send Fox on loan to "some chickens" let him chase them around see if he's any better :stuwinky: