Offload dilemma

fletchers on 36k a week for next 2 years my guess is if he stays we might get 30 games out of him in 2 years ,well under half the games .for us to say let him go for free we would have to pay fletcher say 16k a week over 2 years which is 1.6 million for another clubs to pay him 20k a week and even at 20k a week I don't think there would be many takers considering his limited time on the pitch and the little he offers on the pitch . the same for abdi similar wages but I cant see another club would even risk 10k a week for him for 2 years so his payoff would be something like 25k a week x 2years which is 2.5 million . they just aint leaving end of. chansiri made a huge mistake on these players and others like jones (3 year deal) through getting very bad advise off carlos and advisers . can a club be successful on the pitch when the club carries so many injury prone has beens collecting huge wages my answer would be no ,the club is going down the route of own grown u23 players and maybe a couple of premier league u23s if we can get them , out of our u23s only wildsmith and dawson are proven quality at this level , I see thornily as a good back up centre half so that may save club wasting money buying a loovens replacement , as for all other u23s to what ive seen they all need half or full season loan deals in league 1 or 2 , Kirby,baker need experience ,I'm not convinced they are ready yet for championship football yet .its a shame we have the likes of abdi,fletcher,jones maybe add Rhodes Hutchinson to that list .if the 1st 3 on that list were not here that's nearly 100k a week in wages saved which could get us 4 quality  players in at this level which could easily get us into been a top 6 team again. I think we probably have to be realistic regards next season and maybe season after that we wont be able to spend much more on wages due to reasons given , my hope is jos will have much better contacts and get us in a couple of players from Germany like they did at hudds . 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

I feel we are stuck with Abdi until his big fat contract runs out. 

Totally agree and until he gets a significant run of games under his belt who in their right mind would be interested anyway?

Ya gotta love this place....................July 2016 fletcher signs,this place laps it up,we can now finally get rid of "Big Dave" (the forums view,not mine),fletcher gets a season ending  injury this season and all of a sudden he's a crock,should never have signed him,blah,blah,f------g blah,Nuhiu has a purple patch for the first time in his time here,and he should be played ahead of Fletcher  when fit because its determined (on here) he's a crock,added to the fact he's on £35,000/£40,000 grand a week (unless of course you guys are gunna believe we have 5,yeh thats right FIVE players on £55,000 a week,bizarrely posted by someone on here.

Now i'm not saying Nuhiu shouldn't be kept,but come on,jeeees,Fletcher wee wee's all over Nuhiu for scoring.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, A12owl said:

That's 7 strikers. We cannot afford them all. 

A maximum of 4 is probably all we need and can afford assuming Jos plays 3 up front. There is probably an U23 who could play in injury emergencies .

Why is there this foaming at the mouth obsession about only needing 4 strikers in the squad? That simply doesn't cut it any more with the increased emotional and physical demands on players. And we should also consider that the loan window is not available in the way it used to be. 5 would be the absolute minimum even if we were only starting with 2. For you to suggest we have one experienced reserve is a disaster waiting to happen (as last season showed abundantly).

13 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

IMHO being an unused sub isn't necessarily an indication that a player is on his way out, especially an unused forward when we are a few goals up.

OK then, how about him being an unused substitute a number of times when he was one of only 3 fit strikers at the club and we were struggling for goals and points?

27 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

...but come on,jeeees,Fletcher wee wee's all over Nuhiu for scoring.

Since summer 2012...

CLUBS     GAMES     GOALS

Nuhiu                             2         113+115        40

Fletcher                             3          133+50         39

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Since summer 2012...

CLUBS     GAMES     GOALS

Nuhiu                             2         113+115        40

Fletcher                             3          133+50         39

Very good mate,fletcher still the better player for me.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Very good mate,i meant for us,not career wise.

OK then, since Fletcher signed for Wednesday...

GAMES   GOALS

Fletcher            39+22        14

Nuhiu                22+36        14

19 hours ago, jfr142 said:

So how.do we get rid of fletcher. Abdi. Fox. Jones. 

I'd let them all go in frees if anyone would have them.

You realise that 'letting them all go on frees' involves negotiating a settlement for the remainder of their contracts right?

7 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Ya gotta love this place....................July 2016 fletcher signs,this place laps it up,we can now finally get rid of "Big Dave" (the forums view,not mine),fletcher gets a season ending  injury this season and all of a sudden he's a crock,should never have signed him,blah,blah,f------g blah,Nuhiu has a purple patch for the first time in his time here,and he should be played ahead of Fletcher  when fit because its determined (on here) he's a crock,added to the fact he's on £35,000/£40,000 grand a week (unless of course you guys are gunna believe we have 5,yeh thats right FIVE players on £55,000 a week,bizarrely posted by someone on here.

Now i'm not saying Nuhiu shouldn't be kept,but come on,jeeees,Fletcher wee wee's all over Nuhiu for scoring.

fletcher has scored 65 goals in the last 10 years ,earns 4x what nuhiu earns I will leave it at that. with Rhodes and abdi goes down as one of the worst ever signings inc wim jonk and co from late 90s purely based on huge wages and little impact 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

fletcher has scored 65 goals in the last 10 years ,earns 4x what nuhiu earns I will leave it at that. with Rhodes and abdi goes down as one of the worst ever signings inc wim jonk and co from late 90s purely based on huge wages and little impact 

Little impact?

Fletcher has been here two seasons. He got us into the PO almost single-handed my last season. We were dropping like a stone until his purple patch where he scored almost all of our goals.

His goal got us to within 49 minutes of Wembley.

His partnership with Hooper was high-impact. Between them they scored 18 in 17. At first Hooper was the foil to Fletcher’s goals, then it switched round and Hooper bagged the goals helped by Fletch.

You can debate his cost, his fragility, but it’s not right to question his impact. 

Fletcher was a useful cog in last season’s attempt to bore our way to the Premier League He maybe suited the pedestrian, attritional football we decided to employ 

Fair play to Carlos, he managed to get a poor team to the play offs Ultimately those tactics would fail, and so it proved 

We don’t need those tactics, or those players anymore

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

Couldn't give a flying fart who's done what over ten years,Fletcher is IMO a better all round player than Nuhiu,ya can give the wages guess a rest fella.

8 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

OK then, since Fletcher signed for Wednesday...

GAMES   GOALS

Fletcher            39+22        14

Nuhiu                22+36        14

Nuhiu's been here 5 bloody years man,comparison is ridiculous.

28 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Nuhiu's been here 5 bloody years man,comparison is ridiculous.

These figures cover the same period. "Since Fletcher signed for Wednesday" means just that, not "I'm taking Nuhiu's stats for the last 5 years and Fletcher's for the last two and comparing them"

I don't see why Nuhiu being here for 5 years is relevant when the stats posted come from the last two seasons only. 

Edited by StudentOwl

Just now, StudentOwl said:

These figures cover the same period. "Since Fletcher signed for Wednesday" means just that, not "I'm taking Nuhiu's stats for the last 5 years and Fletcher's for the last two and comparing them". 

I don't see why Nuhiu being 5 years is relevant when the stats posted come from the last two seasons only. 

Fair comment,Nuhiu since being at wednesday hasn't/isn't reknowned for being a goal scorer,regularly..................we can agree on that at least yes ?

Fletcher came with a reputation of scoring goals (not prolifically) but known for scoring........................................... we can agree on that at least yes ?

Now of the two,injuries aside,Fletcher offers a more all round goal threat  IMO,is all i'm saying,Not hating the big fella,just prefer fletch.

11 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I think the best thing Nuhiu can do is find another club because he ain't appreciated here. If he scored 40 goals this season certain posters still wouldn't be satisfied but insisting 'crocks' are a better bet long term. Unbelievable.

On 5/9/2018 at 07:06, Mr. Tom said:

Mind you, between him and Hooper it probably adds up to one player’s typical availability/fitness over the course of a season

Fletch was fit the entire of last season.. and all of the season before that.. and all of the season before that.. was injured for like 3 games the season before that.. don't take 1 season and make it the standard for a players career. that's a stupid thing to do.

Hoops on the other hand does have a significant absence every single season ever since he left Celtic. He's 30 now, and if we can get 5m+ we should absolutely cash in. Top player when he plays, but that seems to be less and less each year and soon he'll be worth nothing.