Todays Referee

7 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

So Nuihu could have gone for hitting an opponent on top of his head...Get real Butterfly lol

Did he intentionally kick out at Nuhiu? Yes. Is that a red card offence? Yes.

About time we had a referee that understood the rules and didn't want to make it all about himself.

6 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Did he intentionally kick out at Nuhiu? Yes. Is that a red card offence? Yes.

About time we had a referee that understood the rules and didn't want to make it all about himself.

I said as much to my son at the time but it was hardly an assault ...In actual fact it was the linesman that did for him. 

I'm just playing devils advocate ...Knowing the rules is great but of little use if you don't know the game !

But yes overall he had a decent game and was a 7.5 IMO 

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl

3 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I said as much to my son at the time but it was hardly an assault ...In actual fact it was the linesman that did for him. 

I'm just playing devils advocate ...Knowing the rules is great but of little use if you don't know the game !

But yes overall he had a decent game and was a 7.5 IMO 

Ref did Reading a favour anyway Blackett to Reading fans is what Butterfield is to Wednesday fans. Shyyiiite

54 minutes ago, Blatter said:

For once a referee who didn't stop  the game for every bit of physical contact, blew his whistle only when absolutely necessary in order to let the game flow.

Was it coincidence there was very little play acting and feigning injury or did the players just realise they wouldn't easily 'win' fouls with this ref. in charge.

Best we've seen in a long while. Only criticism really was the sending off where he seemed to be influenced by the crowd reaction

Correct by the letter of the law but could have settled it with a yellow card and a ticking off for both players.

Agreed Nuhiu wasn't exactly innocent in that incident. 

9 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'm on holiday which is why I didn't go, in not a part time season ticket refunder.

Why say that?

I didn't indicate that you were.

I'm starting to think you are now.

8 hours ago, S6 Lifelong Owl said:

Agreed Nuhiu wasn't exactly innocent in that incident. 

You mean a bit like when Pearson of Preston or Dawson of Hull got FF sent off?

15 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Gonads, we had one of the worst refs when we beat Preston 4-1 the other week.

I know it shouldn't but it winds me up when people comment on a ref when they haven't even been.

The referee was quality today. 

So what your saying is the Ref wasn't there, bit odd.

• Haha 1

Thought ALL the Officials today had an excellent game. Even the Linos or whatever they are called these days,. None of them were 'whistle /flag happy', they let the game flow and I think the players realised this , and played their part. Seems years since I've actually had to ask 'who was today's Ref etc.? The sign of an excellent referee. Noticed him several times just have a word with various players instead of 'carding' 

The Red card shown on he replay , whilst seeming to come from a suffle, was a definite kick at Nuhiu, who had used his weight legally and to advantage, and it was definitely the Lino who instigated it, rightly. 

For once , Officials 9/10.   

• Like 1

On 21/04/2018 at 19:14, s6 owl said:

Who was it? I thought he was the best we have seen down at Hillsborough this season if i am being honest.

He gave us a number of decisions which should have gone Readings way in my opinion.

Would have beaten Villa if he had refereed.  

Yesterday's ref aside ..

And in my merriment (thanks to alcohol)

I hardly noticed him ,

which is how a refs performance should be ..

Have I heard this correct that we haven't got an English Referee at this year's World Cup ?..

Food for thought if true ? 

There probably isn't room for an ego that big !!