Half time - Beer Situation behind Kop

Guest Arcadianrocket

2 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Ha ha not my finest hour. Just for the record it was supposed to be a reply to you. I blame my newborn daughter for lack of focus

Them rattles can take an eye out mate !!

Congratulations from me n Owlstalk to you and your Mrs's bundle of joy ...

6 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Them rattles can take an eye out mate !!

Congratulations from me n Owlstalk to you and your Mrs's bundle of joy ...

Cheers pal, certainly taking some getting used to....For some reason she seems to be playing up more ever since I whispered in her ear she will be a Wednesday season ticket holder from the age of four.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, edited said:

Why cant we get these, Pretty sure the initial investment will be returned quickly. 

I went to Wembley the other week and they had these in the Green Man pub, No messing about whatsoever

Don’t Bolton or somewhere have these ? Careful with the hole in the middle though !!!! 

Edited by dewsburyowl58

Something needs to be done because it is becoming a standing joke. Last home game the woman pulling the pints of Wednesday Ale was pouring more away than she was serving. One tap of the most popular ale (in my experience) and it has generally run out at half time. DC needs to speak to someone in the know about this because some people are going to stop bothering.

P.S. to the person who cant understand why you would need a crap drink at half time, it's Thornbridge Ales that make Wednesday beer and even a lager drinking wuss like me appreciates how good it is, you ought to try one (but best get in early lol )

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Why doesn't dc walk round and look at every bar in action at ht...we must be losing a fair bit due to the slow clumsiness of the service

I work on the turnstiles and from what I gather, this is what Katrien is now doing,  walking around inside and outside the ground on matchdays, fault finding and then rectifying.

It probably does need doing, but I think we have bigger problems than that to look at. 

However it may take a lot of little steps before we get to the bigger steps.

At least someone (apparently) is now doing something.

Why would they pour them

before half time they aren’t guaranteed to sell them all which may lead to waste if they pour when people order them nothing wasted. End of day your at a football match for just over and hour n half of you can’t last that long without a pint I think counselling needed for alcoholic haha no seriously just wait till after game or like said if that desperate tough leave 5min before half time. 

14 hours ago, Mr Meadows said:

I’ve never fathomed why people must have a drink at half time.. you queue up for 10 minutes leaving 5 mins to neck a pint of invariably bad beer

Not if you go down around 30-35 minutes like I do! I'll be honest I haven't missed anything exciting this season :luhukay:

I'm on kop and yep it is atrocious. The staff,though it's not usually their fault, are clueless and inexperienced. Best one was when I ordered a pint after queueing for ages, and the girl serving me turned to the other one and said 'I've never poured a pint before what do I do?'

As I said in another thread recently, I queued for nearly 20min for a Wednesday Pale Ale only to be told at the kiosk (the same double one behind Kop) that they weren't serving it because it "takes too long to pour". Of course there was no sign up saying so. I was furious but had to laugh.

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

As I said in another thread recently, I queued for nearly 20min for a Wednesday Pale Ale only to be told at the kiosk (the same double one behind Kop) that they weren't serving it because it "takes too long to pour". Of course there was no sign up saying so. I was furious but had to laugh.

Were there signs advertising it as on sale there?

Owlstalk Shop

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Were there signs advertising it as on sale there?

Well, only insofar as it's on the 'menu' at the back of the kiosk, and you can clearly see the tap while queuing, and it's always on sale there. Depends how literally you take the question, I suppose - technically there are no signs saying anything is categorically 'on sale' that day; you can just sort of see what's there and what isn't.

Besides, the issue isn't that it was unavailable - it was there, they just wouldn't pour me one because 'if they did one, they'd have to do loads' and it 'took ages'.

I'm 99% certain it wasn't an official policy, these kids appeared largely unsupervised at the time*.

lol

(*Actually, that is - and long has been - a key issue in all this IMO.)

3 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Why would they pour them

before half time they aren’t guaranteed to sell them all which may lead to waste if they pour when people order them nothing wasted. End of day your at a football match for just over and hour n half of you can’t last that long without a pint I think counselling needed for alcoholic haha no seriously just wait till after game or like said if that desperate tough leave 5min before half time. 

OR the club can get it sorted and increase their revenue AND keep the punters happy....I'm glad you don't work for me pal....talk about coming at a problem from the wrong end..

• Haha 1