Half time - Beer Situation behind Kop

Guest Arcadianrocket

Guest Arcadianrocket

Has anyone else experienced what has to be Faulty Towers esque performances week in week out by the staff. They are so crap, I start to question if I am part of a wind up, to see which fan flips first. I am referring to the Kop Bar with one either side of the standing area, where it's outside but you cannot smoke unless you step over a line whilst still outside.

This bar is dreadful and the staff are woeful. Last week they had one guy whose sole job was purely to hold a bottle opener. Much to the dismay of the local chav in front of me, who soon put a stop to this and opened his round of 18 beers with his teeth.

Fundamentally, the issue is the draft beers and their insistence on pouring each beer for everyone. If beers must be poured.......why on earth are they not poured 5 minutes before half time.

Why do they not have the plonker holding the bottle opener, at the back of the bar pouring beers ready to go.

You have no chance of getting a beer at actual half time, you have to leave on 40 minutes to stand a chance, which this season has not been an issue. However you don't really want to be missing 5-10 mins of football because the club are employing people who cannot multi task.

8 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

I’ve never fathomed why people must have a drink at half time.. you queue up for 10 minutes leaving 5 mins to neck a pint of invariably bad beer

Cos you’ve got to be pissed to watch us !!!!

Yep it really is abysmal. I was once confronted with an uncomfortable wait whilst one of the staff worked out the change due (with a calculator) after I paid for 2 pints with a £10 note.....

Head's had gone in the queue behind me. I do think the main issue though is the lack of training/management. 

3 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

Yep it really is abysmal. I was once confronted with an uncomfortable wait whilst one of the staff worked out the change due (with a calculator) after I paid for 2 pints with a £10 note.....

Head's had gone in the queue behind me. I do think the main issue though is the lack of training/management. 

Suprised she didn't ask for more money?

(For the two pints like!!!)

Seriously What rate of pay are they on?

Pay peanuts get monkeys .........

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

I wrote to DC about this in the “ask the chairman” thing a couple of months ago. I made a couple of suggestions mainly based on what I’d seen at the Edgbaston test match and how they have machines pulling 12 pints at a time or bar staff pulling halves in advance and then topping them up.........heard nowt back’nn

Its lost revenue, causes a lot of supporter dissatisfaction and quite easy to fix.

Guest Arcadianrocket

With thee bars behind the Kop they have two tills with about 4 people behind, but two are serving and two are stood there ready to pour and fetch from the fridge. It's not allowed to serve and fetch a bottle apparently.

There is enough space for four tills, with four people all operating.

Just now, AracdianDreamer said:

With thee bars behind the Kop they have two tills with about 4 people behind, but two are serving and two are stood there ready to pour and fetch from the fridge. It's not allowed to serve and fetch a bottle apparently.

There is enough space for four tills, with four people all operating.

It's the same in the Tap mate 

Single file queue up to bar 3 serving 

1 till all have to log in every time they use it ....

Who the hell is running the commercial side of our club .?.

We should be shìtting money on turnover for matchday ..

Same goes with the shop .

I've seen them multi pint pullers they are brilliant ..

You could also have them chaps walking around like they do at the darts with ale on their backs selling it on the concourse topping up etc ......

Guest Arcadianrocket
1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

It's the same in the Tap mate 

Single file queue up to bar 3 serving 

1 till all have to log in every time they use it ....

Who the hell is running the commercial side of our club .?.

We should be shìtting money on turnover for matchday ..

Same goes with the shop .

I've seen them multi pint pullers they are brilliant ..

You could also have them chaps walking around like they do at the darts with ale on their backs selling it on the concourse topping up etc ......

Makes no sense why they don't do what you have suggested.

23 minutes ago, Rosser said:

I wrote to DC about this in the “ask the chairman” thing a couple of months ago. I made a couple of suggestions mainly based on what I’d seen at the Edgbaston test match and how they have machines pulling 12 pints at a time or bar staff pulling halves in advance and then topping them up.........heard nowt back’nn

Its lost revenue, causes a lot of supporter dissatisfaction and quite easy to fix.

Same at Headingley too