Jose Mourinho on the verge of signing George Hirst

1 hour ago, s73owl said:

Could you imagine him going to man utd, then getting loaned to l***s or the pigs and playing against us and scoring a hat trick in front of the kop?? 

Any chance you could think of a worse scenario? :tango:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Since Chansiri took over we've all been a bit worried about losing the likes of Forestieri, Westwood, Bannan, Lees, Hooper and even maybe Lee. If we only end up losing Hirst in that time then I'm not too fussed providing we get a decent fee at tribunal.

No idea how tribunals set fees but I'd like to think the vary fact Man Utd are interested in a young player is a strong indication of his potential and therefore his value. Probarbly get £300K. :carlosswfc:

9 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Any chance you could think of a worse scenario? :tango:

I've tried but can't come up with anything worse, unless he scored a hat trick and then I went home and found him in bed wi r lass

Edited by s73owl
  • Haha 1

And now we’ll hear of the odd performance for their under 23s, possibly a loan to a lower league side and that will be the end of him, fading into obscurity. For the record I think all parties handled to situation atrociously, Hirst’s side and then the club/chansiri for going for the “fine then, we’ll show you” approach. 

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

When he finally leaves

And if we don't get loads of add ons to the deal

Who deep down hopes he ends up playing in the second division in a couple of seasons

Or is it just me who is that bitter and twisted

You remind me of a bitter twisted type 

3 minutes ago, Cheshowl said:

And now we’ll hear of the odd performance for their under 23s, possibly a loan to a lower league side and that will be the end of him, fading into obscurity. For the record I think all parties handled to situation atrociously, Hirst’s side and then the club/chansiri for going for the “fine then, we’ll show you” approach. 

If he was demanding money that the club were not prepared to pay, what could they have done?

His Dad , his goal scoring record , his potential , his England call ups make George Hirst no ordinary player . It would have been amazing for him to carry the Hirsty leagacy on if for nothing other than the traditional aspect .  I find it very sad that we are letting him go to any team , he choose Sheffield Wednesday as a lad for a reason , I find the attitude of some on here sad , just as the fact that we are losing the opportunity to have a home grown natural goal scorer who could have saved us millions .

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Pretty sure the OP must be mistaken 

All the Hirst 'experts'  have been telling us all season is that he's overrated, he won't get a move anywhere decent,  and when he didn't move in January that everyone had 'lost interest'

7 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Pretty sure the OP must be mistaken 

All the Hirst 'experts'  have been telling us all season is that he's overrated, he won't get a move anywhere decent,  and when he didn't move in January that everyone had 'lost interest'

People have opinions, nowt wrong with that...... just the same as the other side of the coin with the "Hirst ITK experts" ... some of them who get off on slating the club and owner every chance they can.....

He doesn't want to play for us and that's that, couldn't care less what he does afterwards as wont be our player, more interested in the young players who do want to be here...

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Manchester United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, with a proven record over decades of bringing through talented young players. There's been a stat going around recently about them having an academy graduate in every match day squad for something like 40 odd years. 

Obviously not every kid at Man U makes it, but they offer a vastly bigger opportunity to players than the other "top clubs". 

I don't doubt any of what you write but wasn't it supposed to be about first team football?

1 hour ago, southportdc said:

I quite like my company, but if someone else offered me several times higher wages, the chance of future earnings of hundreds of thousands of pounds a week and the very best training and development available, I'd probably have to consider it. 

Fair comment but signing for the club he supports and developing there is hardly going to hold him up if he is as good as he is touted as he would be sold to one of the top clubs. I just get the feeling he will not be getting any first team opportunities at Man U as quickly as he would have if he stayed with us. We were also led to believe from some on here that it wasn't really about the money. Oh well, we all knew he was going and at least it's not to a rival.

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

If he was demanding money that the club were not prepared to pay, what could they have done?

I’m not saying pay the wages he was asking for but the club could have said “go on then, prove your worth” and seen what he could have done in the under 23s and possibly the first team if showed he was good enough. Instead everyone spat their dummies out and Hirst wasn’t even allowed to train with the under 23s let alone play until recently.

Edited by Cheshowl

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Jose Mourinho is primed to succeed where Sir Alex Ferguson failed – by signing a member of the Hirst family from Sheffield Wednesday.

Owls starlet George Hirst, son of former Wednesday favourite David, had been tipped to join Leicester City but now looks set to join Manchester United.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-close-first-summer-12322244

The sooner the better and we can get on with the future of our club.

I doubt very much he'll be playing in the premier league next season - but i'm fairly certain any potential club will have outlined some sort of development plan for him - which would include where they see him getting his matches next season

I'm also pretty sure if he were to go to somebody like Man U he will still be a development player and not a first team squad player

I think the title of the thread is a bit mischievous - Jose doesn't make these kind of signings - it will be driven from the academy recruitment I would imagine

8 minutes ago, scram said:

I doubt very much he'll be playing in the premier league next season - but i'm fairly certain any potential club will have outlined some sort of development plan for him - which would include where they see him getting his matches next season

I'm also pretty sure if he were to go to somebody like Man U he will still be a development player and not a first team squad player

I think the title of the thread is a bit mischievous - Jose doesn't make these kind of signings - it will be driven from the academy recruitment I would imagine

Jose I hear you're signing George Hirst

tenor (2).gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

When he finally leaves

And if we don't get loads of add ons to the deal

Who deep down hopes he ends up playing in the second division in a couple of seasons

Or is it just me who is that bitter and twisted

I hope the kid makes the right decision for himself and goes on to fulfil his potential.

5 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I hope the kid makes the right decision for himself and goes on to fulfil his potential.

I hope in 2 years he's starting up front for England with Jamie Vardy and Neil has to upgrade the site to deal with the Owlstalk angst. 

• Haha 1