Jose Mourinho on the verge of signing George Hirst

14 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Not changing my mind. England and Man Utd future no.9, and a sad loss to Sheffield Wednesday. 

Currently better than Harry Kane, and only ever likely to play for the likes of Man Utd, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Benfica and the like.

If Mr C had put his hand in his pocket, Hirst would have led us to the Premiership, then on to Champions League victory in a few years. We’ve been so short sighted on this.

Exactly this , He scored over 40 goals and some on here talk about him being a flop , Some wishful thinking by fans ,Who I think know deep down he will not be . Hirst  Will go onto lead the front line for Manchester united for yrs to come ,Meanwhile we have Rhodes .

Shame that the first time in decades we get a genuine prospect of a striker, who is also the son of a legend of the club, he ends up leaving as a teenager.

But once he’s left, I couldn’t care less what he goes on to do - only interested in Sheffield Wednesday players.

The sooner this comes to a conclusion, the better!

• Like 1

I don't have an issue with him moving, good luck to him. I don't like Man Utd. like most of us on here, but they are a big club, and you couldn't blame him for wanting to play for them.

I do have issues with the way the club have handled this though, freezing him out of the first team when we were so badly hit by injuries is absolutely beyond stupid, whatever the contract arguments were/are, and that is my main gripe tbh.

16 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He’s on his way, obviously, but this United link has a ring of ‘Sean Clare to Spurs’ about it. Agent bullshit, basically.

Sean Clare to Spurs... :laugh:

Our best prospects are leaving whilst Fletcher, Rhodes and Jones continue to bank their Premier wages and you find it amusing?

Edited by Geoffrey

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
26 minutes ago, The Italian Stallion said:

I don't have an issue with him moving, good luck to him. I don't like Man Utd. like most of us on here, but they are a big club, and you couldn't blame him for wanting to play for them.

I do have issues with the way the club have handled this though, freezing him out of the first team when we were so badly hit by injuries is absolutely beyond stupid, whatever the contract arguments were/are, and that is my main gripe tbh.

Have to disagree; I have no issues with what either player or club have done personally. On what bits I've seen he looks nowhere near ready for the first team.

Good luck to him, it sounds like realistically he'd set his sights higher and away from us from the outset and it was perhaps always only a slim chance that he'd stay. 

1 hour ago, basegreenowl said:

The way prices are going, just get a sell on clause!!! Get something right on this. So what if it reduces the fee slightly? Look at the money the roudy lot have made on sell on fees....

Tribunal fees include a 20% sell on clause as standard I believe. Hence why we won't sell him and let his contract run down, tribunal fees are nearly always better than a usual transfer for the team a young player leaves.

17 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Our best prospects are leaving whilst Fletcher, Rhodes and Jones continue to bank their Premier wages and you find it amusing?

What a strange response. I was clearly laughing at the likelihood of Sean Clare going to Spurs. Somehow you’ve managed to infer that I’m laughing at the amounts we pay certain players and the fact that other players might leave.

Really bizarre

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Tribunal fees include a 20% sell on clause as standard I believe. Hence why we won't sell him and let his contract run down, tribunal fees are nearly always better than a usual transfer for the team a young player leaves.

If thats true at least its something if and when he does reach his potential.

Cant help thinking he's being given bad advice from someone close to him though.

On 4/9/2018 at 09:34, S36 OWL said:

It's not Hirst who I have the problem with. It's doyen. 

I don't have a problem with Hirst junior, he's just a young lad, it's Hirst senior I have a problem with.

Weeing up our backs.

He's had a big part to play in this.

Hirst junior could have stayed here, done us some good, then moved big later for a whopping fee.

Let him prop the bar up in Manchester from now on.

Assuming he's got enough between his ears to find it.

Pedal-and-cranker.

Just as an example to back up the tribunal stuff:

Troy Archibald-Henville - Exeter City to Swindon Town

- The PFCC decided that Swindon Town should pay Exeter City an initial compensation fee of £200,000
- Additionally, Swindon Town are to pay Exeter City a further £20,000 after the player has made 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances i.e. a total further payment of £80,000.
- Swindon Town should also pay Exeter City a sum of £40,000 if they are promoted to the Championship whilst the player is employed by the club.
- Swindon Town should also pay Exeter City a further sum of £100,000 if they are promoted to the Premier League whilst the player is employed by the club.
- Swindon Town should also pay Exeter City 20% of any profit made by Swindon Town in selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

https://www.efl.com/news/2012/september/pfcc-tribunal-decisions/

GH will command a much higher fee, plus have more gateway payments for international appearances too as he has history. I would be expecting around £2-3m up front with £200,000+ for each appearance milestone and more than that for international milestones.

I don't agree with the way he's been treated this season.

But if he is as good as people are saying he is, future England and Man U number 9 etc then Wednesday and Chansiri never had a chance of persuading him to stay.

The best youngsters get signed up by the top clubs by the age of 21 unfortunately. Wednesday are powerless.

11 minutes ago, Minton said:

Just as an example to back up the tribunal stuff:

Troy Archibald-Henville - Exeter City to Swindon Town

- The PFCC decided that Swindon Town should pay Exeter City an initial compensation fee of £200,000
- Additionally, Swindon Town are to pay Exeter City a further £20,000 after the player has made 15, 30, 45 and 60 appearances i.e. a total further payment of £80,000.
- Swindon Town should also pay Exeter City a sum of £40,000 if they are promoted to the Championship whilst the player is employed by the club.
- Swindon Town should also pay Exeter City a further sum of £100,000 if they are promoted to the Premier League whilst the player is employed by the club.
- Swindon Town should also pay Exeter City 20% of any profit made by Swindon Town in selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

https://www.efl.com/news/2012/september/pfcc-tribunal-decisions/

GH will command a much higher fee, plus have more gateway payments for international appearances too as he has history. I would be expecting around £2-3m up front with £200,000+ for each appearance milestone and more than that for international milestones.

Sorry mate, disagree entirely with that assessment

At that time Troy Archibald Henville had played over 100 games for Exeter in league one.

A dozen U21 England games for George Hirst doesn't amount to anywhere near that level of status within the game, and as such there is no bloody way we'll be getting £2m for him... that's cloud cuckoo land figures. 

If you want a more accurate guesstimate, look at Jed Steer:

http://fullcontactlaw.co.uk/2016/11/compensation-players-24-mystery/

Very similar situation to Hirst... full youth career at his initial club (Norwich), played well in their youth teams, had loan periods at League Two clubs and fetched £450k on his transfer to Villa. Given the increase in transfer fees, the fact that Hirst is a striker (always has more worth) and the potential transfer is Man Utd, we maaaay fetch £1m for him... but his lack of first team appearances for a professional club will go against him. But holding up Troy Archibald-Henville, a player with over 100 first-team appearances, and saying that he proves we'll get 4x as much money for Hirst is barmy...

Edited by StudentOwl

Just now, twolaptops said:

Vardy pt2 episode here

Give over. 

We let Jamie Vardy go because he was a waster at 16 (couldn't get his shinpads over his ankle tag) I know for a fact that up until his very early 20s when he was still a plasterer, he used to spend his evenings in the local pub necking Stella and powdering his nose. He's sorted his shizzle out now thankfully.

• Like 1

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
15 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

Vardy pt2 episode here

Differrent. Vardy was released by us so we received no up front compensation nor benefitted from subsequent sell on fee.