Jose Mourinho on the verge of signing George Hirst

Jose Mourinho is primed to succeed where Sir Alex Ferguson failed – by signing a member of the Hirst family from Sheffield Wednesday.

Owls starlet George Hirst, son of former Wednesday favourite David, had been tipped to join Leicester City but now looks set to join Manchester United.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-close-first-summer-12322244

Owlstalk Shop

Hopefully the sooner this goes through everyone can finally move on, a real shame though. Yet we never got to see him play in the first team (properly) he was a player that alot got excited about. 

Alot of energy and time has been given to his situation and to say he never made it to a first team regular for us.. I'll be glad when it's all over to be honest. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, metaframe said:

They could loan him back, couldn't they? It might be a good compromise.

What get loaned back here to sit behind Fletcher, Hooper, Joao, Nuhiu, Rhodes? Think that was part of the issue in the first place.

PS Premier teams don't loan SWFC their young players anymore due to our poor reputation with youth / playing loanees. 

If he is signing for Manchester United then I genuenly wish him good luck and don't blame him at all.
Like a lot of people I am not that fond of Man U but don't think anyone can argue signing for such a big club.

Think people are right that chances are he will struggle to get near the first team and probably be loaned out but no shame in that.

6 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

When he finally leaves

And if we don't get loads of add ons to the deal

Who deep down hopes he ends up playing in the second division in a couple of seasons

Or is it just me who is that bitter and twisted

I'll join your bitter and twisted gang 

6 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

When he finally leaves

And if we don't get loads of add ons to the deal

Who deep down hopes he ends up playing in the second division in a couple of seasons

Or is it just me who is that bitter and twisted

It's not Hirst who I have the problem with. It's doyen. 

Players leave, that's not the issue for me. Also, it's been badly handled by the club although I acknowledge there are two sides to every story. 

The worst part of it all is that we will receive peanuts for a player that is arguably the best prospect to come out of our club, ever. That is the truly painful part...

I wish the lad well as I don't have a promble with wanting to further your career and let's be honest you can'r get any bigger than that set of red c**ts in this country, what i have a promble with is how him and his "team" handled it.

So glad when it's all over though we will have the "hirsty watch threads" all the time when he plays for their youngsters.

Him or someone close to him saw the lights, the pound signs and decided he was too good for us and wanted bigger and better in all senses then the dummies got spat out along with all the toys.

He doesn't want to play for us or be here, let's move on and support the youngsters the DO want to play for Sheffield Wednesday and haven't gone all "bertie big bollax"

Edited by steveger
  • Thanks 1