Jose Mourinho on the verge of signing George Hirst

2 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Great, now loan him back to us for 5 years and you have a deal. 

With us paying a percentage of his wage that would equate to more money than he was offered on a contract here ? Not going to happen, good luck to the lad, Chansiri's loss .

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

With us paying a percentage of his wage that would equate to more money than he was offered on a contract here ? Not going to happen, good luck to the lad, Chansiri's loss .

The compensation elements might ease the loss; then again he might stagnate as many youngsters do . Agree though that it's highly unlikely that he'll be loaned back to us.

We should still be entitled to a fee as he came through our academy but the amount will probably be set by an "Independent tribunal".
I agree with many posters here that we should try and get him on a seasons loan, But with a fully fit squad, (whatever that is), would we need him?

'

19 minutes ago, Archie irvine said:

All this talk of weeds, pigs, and other poo trying to sign him, much rather he goes to a proper club hopefully with add ons, thou tribunals never seem to work for us 

Could you imagine him going to man utd, then getting loaned to l***s or the pigs and playing against us and scoring a hat trick in front of the kop?? 

Since Chansiri took over we've all been a bit worried about losing the likes of Forestieri, Westwood, Bannan, Lees, Hooper and even maybe Lee. If we only end up losing Hirst in that time then I'm not too fussed providing we get a decent fee at tribunal.

As I stated on the other George Hirst to Man Utd thread. The irony of an alleged Massive Wednesday fan leaving because of lack of first team opportunities goes to Man U where he will be even further down the pecking order for the first team football he craves.

1 minute ago, Owling Wolfe said:

As I stated on the other George Hirst to Man Utd thread. The irony of an alleged Massive Wednesday fan leaving because of lack of first team opportunities goes to Man U where he will be even further down the pecking order for the first team football he craves.

Manchester United are one of the biggest clubs in the world, with a proven record over decades of bringing through talented young players. There's been a stat going around recently about them having an academy graduate in every match day squad for something like 40 odd years. 

Obviously not every kid at Man U makes it, but they offer a vastly bigger opportunity to players than the other "top clubs". 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

I quite like my company, but if someone else offered me several times higher wages, the chance of future earnings of hundreds of thousands of pounds a week and the very best training and development available, I'd probably have to consider it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

What get loaned back here to sit behind Fletcher, Hooper, Joao, Nuhiu, Rhodes? Think that was part of the issue in the first place.

PS Premier teams don't loan SWFC their young players anymore due to our poor reputation with youth / playing loanees. 

You know this as fact?

3 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

When he finally leaves

And if we don't get loads of add ons to the deal

Who deep down hopes he ends up playing in the second division in a couple of seasons

Or is it just me who is that bitter and twisted

Its not necessarily the fan base what are bitter and twisted, its his sodding father.