1 hour ago, Jackie Sewell said:

No, I'll stick to my guns, Reach teed it up for him, I'm sure FF would have been gutted not to hit the target.

No...Reach should have taken it on himself but passed the responsibility to Forestieri who had just come on. 

I expected Reach to shoot,  and think FF did too,  so as it came to him had not got his body position right and was leaning away rather than getting 'over the ball'

Had he been on top of his game, been on earlier and into the game more he might have been able to react quicker but at moment he's still rusty    

Criticism of Reach for electing to create a good scoring opportunity is way overboard.

Our best finisher of the 11 on the pitch was stood 15 meters from goal, completely unmarked.

I don’t think it was a bad miss at all, but I’d expect a fully tuned up FF to score that...which he obviously isn’t.

Reach would have been probably been better hitting it - but maybe a  bit of hindsight there though. FF took a step forward just as Reach passed to him which meant the ball coming too fast - so he didn't have time to adjust his feet properly.

1 hour ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

I expected Reach to shoot,  and think FF did too,  so as it came to him had not got his body position right and was leaning away rather than getting 'over the ball'

Had he been on top of his game, been on earlier and into the game more he might have been able to react quicker but at moment he's still rusty    

You can see ff demanding the ball as reach receives it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Criticism of Reach for electing to create a good scoring opportunity is way overboard.

Our best finisher of the 11 on the pitch was stood 15 meters from goal, completely unmarked.

I don’t think it was a bad miss at all, but I’d expect a fully tuned up FF to score that...which he obviously isn’t.

It was a 5-yard pass and yet he put it behind him.

Fessi on for 3 mins and straight in the mix 

shocking lay off by Reach and dont blame Fessi anyways not when Reach blasted one at the keeper a little earlier, Boyd never took a shot when he had the opportunity to and Venancio should have put us 1 up with a clear chance. 

5 hours ago, Jackie Sewell said:

No, I'll stick to my guns, Reach teed it up for him, I'm sure FF would have been gutted not to hit the target.

Watch it again. Reach was in the perfect position to shoot.... bottled it so laid it off but it was slightly behind Forestieri not allowing him to get the placement. I solely blame Adam Reach for this. Forestieri was gutted but he did well with what he was dealt

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JaddyOwl said:

shocking lay off by Reach and dont blame Fessi anyways not when Reach blasted one at the keeper a little earlier, Boyd never took a shot when he had the opportunity to and Venancio should have put us 1 up with a clear chance. 

He was offside anyway :ph34r:

14 hours ago, Jackie Sewell said:

Yeah I think a fit FF with his eye in at least makes the keeper work. Doesn't matter a fizz though. we're safe.

You expect to miss more decent chances than you score. Creae a decent chance every quarter of an hour and convert half of them, you'll win your league.

A pity but so it goes. First half we had some decent positions but not the final ball - Jos called that exactly right. Second not even that really.

No shame losing 1-0 to a decent team in full war cry.

31 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

You expect to miss more decent chances than you score. Creae a decent chance every quarter of an hour and convert half of them, you'll win your league.

A pity but so it goes. First half we had some decent positions but not the final ball - Jos called that exactly right. Second not even that really.

No shame losing 1-0 to a decent team in full war cry.

Agree. Losing Bannan was bound to affect energy levels in midfield as too many similar kind of players in there. However, while BB on, his passing was not good and the team missed taking an initiative when there was a period of attacking and going forward. BB is a long range passer while the team still needs somebody to find a man for certain over 15- 20 yards, as possession given away too much

14 hours ago, JaddyOwl said:

Venancio a centre back bungling it but he was flagged offside