Sam Hutchinson and Morgan Fox out for the rest of the season

2 hours ago, debram said:

Tbh hutch has become a liability and fox shouldn't get in the team, good luck to them both, fox at his next club and hutch in his youth coaching at Hillsborough, he will show the youngsters the passion it takes to succeed

Love this idea, spot on.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Buttercup anyone :duntmatter:

He won't be even playing Championship football next season - or if he is, it will be for a struggling side.  

I don't like to belittle players pulling on a Wednesday shirt, but you find it hard to defend this guy or even explain what he brings to the fight.    It's not even like he's a luxury player - he just offers nothing to me.   He doesn't tackle well, he doesn't track opposing players well, he doesn't offer much of a pass or cross.   He's just a guy who makes up the numbers and for me, if that's all he offers we should give an U23 kid his slot either on the pitch or on the bench and give up on him.

I know it sounds harsh, but it's how I feel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, timrud said:

If it was his knees, then fair enough, but it isn't.

There is hardly very long of the season left, so it doesn't need to be a bad one to rule you out

Exactly.

It seems Hutchinson is suffering different injuries as he attempts to make a return to full fitness, rather than exacerbating the same injury again and again, which would be really worrying.

With only half a dozen matches to go, it probably makes sense to give him a longer break in an attempt to get himself properly fit again over the summer.

After all he's been through and for what he can offer to our team, I certainly wouldn't want to cast him aside at this point. He managed 35 games for us last season and 30 the season before; if he can manage similar again next year them I'm sure he'll make a difference for us.

4 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

He won't be even playing Championship football next season - or if he is, it will be for a struggling side.  

I don't like to belittle players pulling on a Wednesday shirt, but you find it hard to defend this guy or even explain what he brings to the fight.    It's not even like he's a luxury player - he just offers nothing to me.   He doesn't tackle well, he doesn't track opposing players well, he doesn't offer much of a pass or cross.   He's just a guy who makes up the numbers and for me, if that's all he offers we should give an U23 kid his slot either on the pitch or on the bench and give up on him.

I know it sounds harsh, but it's how I feel.

He won’t be back ... will he ....?

9 minutes ago, heppers said:

Pelepussy?

More chance of Mamamsfanny making it.

We need a proven Championship enforcer and have done since play off final.

Shall I take it you disagree with many on here that think he was our best player today?

You're going to be proven wrong good sir, just give it time.

You weren't one of those consistently slating Reach 18 months ago were you? 

2 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Hutchinson had less injuries at centre back. Must get him playing back there and get a midfielder like Pearson.

He barely played centre back no matter where he plays he will get injured .cracking player but waste of wages im afraid

2 hours ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

Jos just said 10 out for season when referring to Fox, Hutch and Hooper

Already confirmed were Wallace, Fletcher, Lee, Clare

Other 3 ?

Westwood ??? Van Aken ? ?????

Loovens?

Can't be sentimental and just find a starting position.

He's been a great servant and someone earlier suggested a coaching role, which I totally agree with, given his experience and passion.

We now need to be focussing on the future and building a younger squad.

32 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Shall I take it you disagree with many on here that think he was our best player today?

You're going to be proven wrong good sir, just give it time.

You weren't one of those consistently slating Reach 18 months ago were you? 

I am on holiday so didn't see him but do not think he is our answer in midfield. Happy to be proven wrong.

I did slate Reach to be fair.

Hutch is an intelligent footballer and by now should be clocking HOW he’s being viewed by us and the club.

Time and again I’ve watched him do stuff on the pitch that lifts my heart...influence the whole game.

So I can’t automatically line up behind a call for us to part company, yet why isn’t it obvious to him that showing same commitment tempered with subtlety, guile, crafty (less ALL IN) is a good strategy.

i can’t believe Sam thinks...”this is me..take it or leave it”

1 hour ago, Buford T. Justice said:

Hutchinson needs to be played at centre half.  Paul McGrath played till he was 37 with knees that were fooked, was on the beer constantly and was still a top class defender.

The Booze took away the pain in his knees , thats why he was able to carry on playing. lol

• Haha 1