Sam Hutchinson and Morgan Fox out for the rest of the season

I don’t take any delight in any player being injured; hopefully as many of ours players as possible will have a speedy recoveries, and all that.

But with these players now being out of contention to play for the last few matches, there are some positives for these next 6 fixtures:

1) Maybe we will finally get to see what Reach can do at LWB in a 3-5-2 formation.

2) Likewise, if Fox and Pudil aren’t going to be available to play at CB, this could give Thorniley a few first team appearances before the end of the season.

3) Hutchinson is far too injury-prone and suspension-prone to build a side around anyway.

4) Jos will be able to look at different midfield combinations, without either Hutchinson or Reach, without the pressure of needing immediate results.  This should give the manager plenty of opportunities to find a midfield combination that we can take into next season that we know can be relied on to deliver.

Hutchinson has been a very good servant for the club, but this is the final straw for me. He needs to go! We can’t keep carrying players like this. We have done it far too much in the past and it’s got us nowhere. Complete liability. Forget playing CB too, he’s approaching 30 and his best years have gone. Hopefully, Joey can start stepping up his game. (Long way to go yet like)

Edited by Dylan93

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 minutes ago, Dylan93 said:

Hutchinson has been a very good servant for the club, but this is the final straw for me. He needs to go! We can’t keep carrying players like this. We have done it far too much in the past and it’s got us nowhere. Complete liability. Forget playing CB too, he’s approaching 30 and his best years have gone. Hopefully, Joey can start stepping up his game. (Long way to go yet like)

At 28 there's life in him yet. This season has been a nightmare for him (and many others) with 3 or 4 different injuries. If he'd had recurring knee injuries it would be more  damning. Previous two seasons he played 64 games in total. Played more than the same aged Forestieri this season. I wouldn't write either off just yet.

Would love to see Sammy Hutch take on a coaching role for the Wednesday youth squad.

I say that because, as much as I love him and think he’s an asset when he plays, his history of injuries are catching up with him. Such a shame that he’s in this position, which is in large parts because of how he was mismanaged at Chelsea, but I think it’s maybe time for him to hang up the boots and get into coaching. He’s got a lot to teach the youngsters about passion and playing for the badge.

Good luck to Fox at whichever club we (hopefully) ship him out to next season.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

We are safe now, Penney is getting no game time at Mansfield since Evans left, would it be an idea to bring him back give him a run of games and see if he is ready.

Even though he's not ready for Mansfield? :wacko:

7 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Still waiting for a Hutchinson back up. We need to make that a priority.

Replacement more like....time for him to become player-coach or something.  Give him a job with Loovens in the back room. 

6 hours ago, darra said:

Lot of assumptions being made here. Are they both carrying season ending injuries or is it just a case of us now being safe and the club is ending their season early? Who knows maybe to give some frnge players a go

This is a fair point - there's nothing to play for now, the club may be making a very wise decision not to risk players with any sort of niggles between now and the end of the season. Get everybody rested up and fully fit ready for a proper pre-season, not like the mess of last summer, which can launch us into a strong start and a successful campaign.

8 hours ago, The Captain said:

I don’t take any delight in any player being injured; hopefully as many of ours players as possible will have a speedy recoveries, and all that.

But with these players now being out of contention to play for the last few matches, there are some positives for these next 6 fixtures:

1) Maybe we will finally get to see what Reach can do at LWB in a 3-5-2 formation.

2) Likewise, if Fox and Pudil aren’t going to be available to play at CB, this could give Thorniley a few first team appearances before the end of the season.

3) Hutchinson is far too injury-prone and suspension-prone to build a side around anyway.

4) Jos will be able to look at different midfield combinations, without either Hutchinson or Reach, without the pressure of needing immediate results.  This should give the manager plenty of opportunities to find a midfield combination that we can take into next season that we know can be relied on to deliver.

Few thoughts on your above points: 

1) whilst I’d like to see Reach at LWB I cant see who we have to play in middle at moment especially with Hutch injured again. To my reckoning that’s Lee, Clare, Hutch out for season with Lee & Clare only two I’d expect to play the box to box role - it’s a real shame Penney isn’t here to play a few games as I think youth will be our way forward next season. 

2) Absolutely love idea of Thornely and few others getting more first team action. I’d like to see Penney but he’s out on loan,  the RWB seems to be getting few assists at moment for U23 and also I’d like JVA to come into a back three and see if he can regain some form/confidence 

3) completely agree, Hutch should be club captain filling in where needed at best. Odd game that requires 2 defensive mid or when short a centerback etc. 

4) Don’t imagine he’ll have much time to trial midfield combos with many of those players still out, we can expect to see young defenders, Fessi, Matias, and JVA though which is still a plus. Feel next season will still be quite a different set up though with so many key players out for season.

Get rid, sick of carrying crocks. 

Domt get get all this ‘feel sorry for him’ . He has made a packet out of Wednesday and like loovens , Wallace etc etc serves no purpose. He is unable to play professional football and should just retire. 

Wish him all the best but it’s crocks like him that are holding us back 

14 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Get rid, sick of carrying crocks. 

Domt get get all this ‘feel sorry for him’ . He has made a packet out of Wednesday and like loovens , Wallace etc etc serves no purpose. He is unable to play professional football and should just retire. 

Wish him all the best but it’s crocks like him that are holding us back 

I’d say that we’ve made very decent returns on all the players you mention above. You can label the ‘made a packet’ accusation at any modern footballer, given the level of wages. All 3 players have been decent servants for the club and made big contributions to the relative successes of recent years. They’re coming to the end of their time with us, agreed, (although I reckon Hutch may still have a role to play at 28) but don’t really get the need to slate them for getting paid for their profession, and for getting injured. They’re not doing it deliberately