Jos Luhukay talks about George Hirst and Sean Clare contracts

Nobody knows the details of the contracts that the lads have been offered. Not the U23 groupies, your mate down the pub, or that bloke who sells the 50-50 tickets .

Hirst jnr and Hirst snr ( legend turned shxt stirrer) might hint at stuff, as may the club, but it dont mean owt. 

Might as well have flogged young George in January, absolutely pointless carrying this farce on for a whole summer. 

As I’m sure many have said we don’t know the ins and outs of what’s gone on etc however ...

IF Clare and Hirst are being badly advised / had there heads turned or whatever , and are turning down good offers from us I’m massively massively disappointed 

Hirst hasn’t proved anything in the first team and Clare has only made a few starts( I know he’s looked good on occasions) but still only potential 

16 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

It wasn't a rumour - Clare was 100% frozen out of the reckoning altogether - until an injury to Wallace meant he was needed for first team duty.

Why wouldn't Butterfield or Jones be used in preference to Clare if he had been frozen out. It doesn't really make sense. Where did you hear what you know to convince you it wasn't a rumour?

5 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Why wouldn't Butterfield or Jones be used in preference to Clare if he had been frozen out. It doesn't really make sense. Where did you hear what you know to convince you it wasn't a rumour?

Frozen out!!

I wouldn't use Butterfield to cover for an ice cube .

Nor would use the Traffic Cone that's David Jones either !!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

Understand what you are saying but looking across to the side of the city that values youth and offers competitive contracts they have made circa £30m+ over the last few years with players who have gone on to represent their country. Yes they have sold them on but thats what lower league clubs do to balance the books.

I would be interest to know what the offer the club have made to Sean Clare and George Hirst and how those offers compare to the terms they offer Loovens, Pudil and Nuihu. As Loovens is past it and Pudil has been crap for 20 months of his contract bar a few games recently. I bet they are on combine at least £30,000 a week could we not offer Clare and Hirst £5,000 a week each as if they progress they will be worth millions in 18 months, Loovens and Pudil though will be worth about a packet of crisps.

Totally agree that getting Loovens and Pudil of the wage budget and getting Hirst and Clare to sign contracts would make sense!

However I don't think they would sign for £5k, I honestly think they want more, especially with Hirst! If they did only want £5k a week, club would be mad not to give it them, considering some of the wages we are paying!

Any player who isn’t committed to putting on the blue and white of Sheffield Wednesday can f*** right off for me, that includes our so called youth ‘talent’ 

Ask any fan and they will tell you they would turn through brick walls for the chance to play for us and these people mock the club by turning down decent contracts? All I can say is good luck at Forest Green in 3 or 4 years time lads.  

I think we all know that clare isn't injured. He's getting the Wednesday jackboot treatment for refusing a new contract. 

I'll say the same thing about clare as I said about Hirst 

If clare wants a future he needs to get away from Wednesday. They have frequently demonstrated their contempt for their players rights and dignity over the past two years. 

I don't like bullies and Wednesday are a club that think it has the right to bully players who exercise their rights to have an opinion and say no. 

Clare and Hirst need to get away from Hillsborough. 

I think they already know that. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Any player who isn’t committed to putting on the blue and white of Sheffield Wednesday can f*** right off for me, All I can say is good luck at Forest Green in 3 or 4 years time lads.  

Absolutely ...

totally agree, 

Can I have Hirstys training kit if he gets bummed off?

It's nearly new (unused) 

And he's my size !!

Bargain !!!!

Don't want the game shirts they are Shiit. .....

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I think we all know that clare isn't injured. He's getting the Wednesday jackboot treatment for refusing a new contract. 

I'll say the same thing about clare as I said about Hirst 

If clare wants a future he needs to get away from Wednesday. They have frequently demonstrated their contempt for their players rights and dignity over the past two years. 

I don't like bullies and Wednesday are a club that think it has the right to bully players who exercise their rights to have an opinion and say no. 

Clare and Hirst need to get away from Hillsborough. 

I think they already know that. 

If he ain't injured .

He sure has some weird sleeping habits 

WTF:

IMG_20180329_193547.thumb.jpg.beda3a5e2021ed11d2cef601eeab6912.jpg

• Haha 9

6 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Yep banning players who don’t sign contracts, will have new players lining up to move to us. 

Ridiculously short sighted move from chansiri. 

Think you're right mate. Whether they sign contracts or not, the academy is pointless if we are basically developing players then getting nothing from them, be it on the pitch or a transfer fee.

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

So Geoffrey and Kivo you reckon Hirst has the club more at heart than Chansiri? 

lol

The kid that was brought up an Owl or the man who has been here 3 years?

Do you think Chansiri will stay as long as George?

Edited by Geoffrey
  • Haha 1