Jos Luhukay talks about George Hirst and Sean Clare contracts

Very frustrating that talented youth players may see their futures elsewhere.

The grass is rarely greener on the otherside. Get signed you daft boys.

I remember being annoyed when Bolton took Hayden White from us in 2013 after he turned down a Wednesday contract. Look where he is now;

image.png.88ec366a580e9a35858b86cdd6e55fc6.png

• Haha 1

Just now, BRADDO said:

It's been nice knowing you lads.

Si thi.

Looks that way mate. 

We have produced nothing from our academy for a long long time ,and as soon as we do have some quality players finally emerge , we are going see then leave instead of seeing them wearing the  wednesday shirt 

3 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Amazing ain’t it. Before Christmas Sean Clare was a nobody, a couple of good games and he thinks he’s the one who can demand daft money 

Nobody knows what he is 'demanding'

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 12.15.20.jpg

We must wait to see in the next weeks to see if they will sign for us

They can sign their contracts whenever they like

As a club we have done everything we can and it's up to them now

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

George Hirst not allowed to play at all for the club until only last month and even then only for the U23s.

I'm still utterly disgusted at Chansiri for this. And then he talks about us being a family!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, cowl said:

George Hirst not allowed to play at all for the club until only last month and even then only for the U23s.

I'm still utterly disgusted at Chansiri for this. And then he talks about us being a family!

Even if the daft lad had been playing he still wasn’t going to sign his deal. Chansiri has the club more at heart than George Hirst, that much is obvious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, cowl said:

To be fair, DC never claimed we weren't a dysfunctional one!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Even if the daft lad had been playing he still wasn’t going to sign his deal. Chansiri has the club more at heart than George Hirst, that much is obvious. 

You've actually no way of knowing that's true whatsoever.

Interesting that of those in the U23s that we've offered contracts to, only Hirst and Clare haven't signed yet - and as it so happens, Hirst was actually prevented by Chansiri from playing, and Clare was strongly rumoured to have been for a couple of weeks in January too.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, CiderOwl said:

Very frustrating that talented youth players may see their futures elsewhere.

The grass is rarely greener on the otherside. Get signed you daft boys.

I remember being annoyed when Bolton took Hayden White from us in 2013 after he turned down a Wednesday contract. Look where he is now;

image.png.88ec366a580e9a35858b86cdd6e55fc6.png

Understand what you are saying but looking across to the side of the city that values youth and offers competitive contracts they have made circa £30m+ over the last few years with players who have gone on to represent their country. Yes they have sold them on but thats what lower league clubs do to balance the books.

I would be interest to know what the offer the club have made to Sean Clare and George Hirst and how those offers compare to the terms they offer Loovens, Pudil and Nuihu. As Loovens is past it and Pudil has been crap for 20 months of his contract bar a few games recently. I bet they are on combine at least £30,000 a week could we not offer Clare and Hirst £5,000 a week each as if they progress they will be worth millions in 18 months, Loovens and Pudil though will be worth about a packet of crisps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Yep banning players who don’t sign contracts, will have new players lining up to move to us. 

Ridiculously short sighted move from chansiri. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Yep banning players who don’t sign contracts, will have new players lining up to move to us. 

Ridiculously short sighted move from chansiri. 

Or you could see it as treating the loyal well and sacking off the rest.

He has been more than ready give generous new deals to players in the first team when required.

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Understand what you are saying but looking across to the side of the city that values youth and offers competitive contracts they have made circa £30m+ over the last few years with players who have gone on to represent their country. Yes they have sold them on but thats what lower league clubs do to balance the books.

I would be interest to know what the offer the club have made to Sean Clare and George Hirst and how those offers compare to the terms they offer Loovens, Pudil and Nuihu. As Loovens is past it and Pudil has been crap for 20 months of his contract bar a few games recently. I bet they are on combine at least £30,000 a week could we not offer Clare and Hirst £5,000 a week each as if they progress they will be worth millions in 18 months, Loovens and Pudil though will be worth about a packet of crisps.

Yes our youth system has been pointless in recent history

But i bet all the players that have come through the pigs system were not given whopping contracts after a couple of decent games or because they had scored a few in the youth team.

They will have had a decent system in place covering both them and player, clauses, bonuses etc etc. from the earliest opportunity.

The club wouldn't get fleeced by money grabbing young players and the players would be happy in the knowledge that if they progressed they would be be rewarded with an increase or not blocked should a move come available. Happy on both sides.

Like on most things - we are miles behind