What does Jos have to do...

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally dont want him in charge next season, however if he went on to win 4 or 5 of the remaining games i guess he would deserve a chance next season.

Me neither. Hope he wins all remaining matches but I dont think he's the man to get us promoted. Happy to be wrong.

2 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

He's not a Yes man.

Therefore he will walk

Based on almost zero evidence I think he has only stayed this long as he didn't want a relegation here on his cv.

If he had walked already he wouldn’t have a relegation on his CV :duntmatter:

4 hours ago, Gresh said:

Probably hard to judge him with the injury list that we had.  With a few players back in the next few weeks this may give an indication of what he is capable of.

Im not really judging him on his time here (though there have been a few strange decisions) but from what I can gather his teams have never played exciting, free flowing football - and thats what I want to see for my £640 lol

It doesn’t really matter, as long as the team makes progress, I’d like to see us end up in the lower reaches of the top half. What would be nice is if we didn’t lose another game, I’d like to see Fessi back and playing well, Hooper would be a bonus, but we know that he’s a quality player anyway, as for Rhodes, I can’t see him being anymore than a bench warmer this season, as for the next, god only knows.

4 hours ago, Davidioso said:

Owlstalkers in  change of manager shocker!

Once again, the calls come up to change the manager.

A manager who has not once been able to field the players he was hired to manage.

He should clearly be doing far more jumping up and and down, and foaming at the mouth!

For me its about playing the percentages. If there is a manager with experience of success in this league available in the summer I'd make the switch.

Nothing to do with Jos' performance so far. I just think it would improve the likelihood of future success.

6 hours ago, Hughthecone said:

You have your opinion and I have mine,but I thought you may give the guy a chance, but from what you have posted in the past about Jos ,there's only one thing you want and that is Jos OUT.

Correct, lets not get carried away with one result. I hope i am wrong but i just cant see him taking us up!

7 hours ago, joelswfc said:

If Jos keeps us up I’m sure he’ll be here next season.

To keep the majority of fans positive going into next season he probably needs to get at least 4 wins, scoring goals and showing he can use FF/Bannan/Hutch etc effectively.

I think that’s it - 4 or 5 wins, but more importantly blending these guys in a system that works, plus Hoops, Joao and Reach, with full backs that can get up and down, put in a decent cross and defend. 

I reckon he will be gone at the end of the season no matter what, i reckon he was the only person who said yes to the job, seriously 

The other guy should have parked his car up after that rally by then surely ?

Edited by steveger

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
16 minutes ago, steveger said:

I reckon he will be gone at the end of the season no matter what, i reckon he was the only person who said yes to the job, seriously 

The other guy should have parked his car up after that rally by then surely ?

DC appointed Jos and he wasn't quick to pull the trigger on the last manager he appointment.

I think it highly unlikely that DC would dismiss Jos before giving him a good go next season. More likely that Jos would walk first if anything and I don't think that will happen before next season.

Edited by Xxxxxxxxcxcc

7 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Can't wait for the hypocritical "I knew Matias and Abdi would come good" threads next season.....

I doubt very much either will be here next season. 

I reckon hes gonna be a Wednesday legend,

take us up either next year or the year after, no play-off crap either, straight up in the top two.

dunno what it is ive just got this really strong feeling, have had since his first day and i believe it even more so now.

this end of season hes having to endure with the players hes had will stand him in great stead for next season, its done him a favour, hes been here long enough to see the quality req'd but not long enough to have a fear against certain sides.

make no mistake if CC had stayed or no matter who else we could have brought in, it would have been just as crap as it has been. think otherwise if you like but you only have to look at the available squad weve had to see why its been a struggle.

folk are saying we have to finish strong to give him a chance, or saying hes got no excuse as players are back now. i dont agree with that, players may well be back but by the time they get back to anything like there best the season will be finished.

JL has literally had to get us safe with 2nd teamers, U23s and nursing good players back slowly, all at the same time. 

just the hardest start you could possibly imagine in a new foreign league with no- knowledge of even his own players, let alone the standard of the oppositions.... but i cant help think all this will end up working in his/our favour. 

think of next season when Jos has had a full pre-season, with the fully fit squad. a squad that has actually been bolstered because of this bad patch, players that have improved under him, im thinking Venancio, Dawson, Joao, Matias, Pudil, Reach, Nuhiu, thornily, 

not to mention players JL chooses to finish the squad, Hes not gonna be scared of the championship come august thats for sure, hes played it with no cards, come august hell have a full hand, He could go very well. 

and ive a feeling his dour, somewhat withdrawn demeanor will work in his favour too, the people moaning about it are the same ones who moaned about CCs extrovert ways. I reckon to keep a big squad happy and focused on the job in hand, JLs way is better than clown masks and £20 notes.

i honestly think this season will end up being the best thing that could have happened to us. 

better to go up in blue and white stripes anyway.

• Like 5