Carlton Palmer - "Carlos wasn't allowed to have a massive clear-out"

1 minute ago, oldishowl said:

Don’t you think the credibility of the individual making the points and his relationship with certain people around the club should be used to give some context to the points .

Or should we just ignore that context. 

Once again post points made by someone about our club and instead of debating the points some immediately launch an attack on whoever said it

So sad that as a set of fans we've turned into that

No other context is neccessary

Try it if you don't believe me. Post an article from ANYONE saying something about the club/team and I bet you the debate doesn't discuss the points they make and instead just immediately launch petty immature jibes at whomever it was that said it

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
21 minutes ago, Morepork said:

It almost feels like we are so tainted that a completely fresh start is the only way forward. I suspect we'll see some movement but not as much as some would like. For me, there's a couple I'd keep but I'm of the view that I won't be shedding a tear over any departure, no matter who it is.

Agreed. Saleable assets will need to be sacrificed for the greater good.

Carlton tells it like it is whats the problem with that? DC telling Jos he can't pick Hirsty is interfering in the team selection. We totally lack pace and power and have done since DC came. We can all see it and have had many a thread on hear discussing it as we have about who puts forward player recruitment. Yes he's stating the obvious but he's been asked an opinion so he's just stated how he sees it like any of us would. The guy is passionate about Wednesday and wants the same as most of us on here.

38 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Shame he has turned into a bitter ex player who takes any opportunity given by the media to have a go at our club.

Can we transfer him to Leeds again 

He’s a Wednesday legend who’s concerned that our club could be on the verge of being run into the ground.

Good on him for not sitting on the fence IMO.

Edited by The Captain
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

That came out of contract negotiations 

It is nothing to with team selection per se and hardly proof of DC meddling in first team selections.

Carlton is just using another interview to have a go at the owner because he fell out with his mate Hirst.

Sean Clare is in exactly the same contract situation as Hirst, yet he is allowed to play for the first team . DC is dictating who can play and who cant , there is no disputing that .

In all fairness it's a view from someone who has a little insight into how the club runs and they're just generalising based on a mix of opinions rather than actual facts. So it's a nothing article other than Carlton's own opinion, which he's entitled to give. IMHO.

1 minute ago, The Captain said:

He’s a Wednesdsy legend who’s concerned that our club could be on the verge of being run into the ground.

Good on him for not sitting on the fence IMO.

Spot on . Also Carlton will know a hell of a lot more about whats happening inside the club then any of us on here.

55 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I think we did as well. When the club states that CC has the final say on a player it's a "technicality" he was given a couple of players to choose from or nothing, so you take the best option. The statement that the manager picked the player remains "technically" true..... at the same time it was very clear that on a couple of occasions he did get the players he chose and also CC agreed to work under that system.

I thought that DC said he had final say after CC identified a list of targets...

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

So everything Carlos said about him picking the players he wanted and leaving the negotiations to the board was a lie?

1 minute ago, slinger208b said:

I thought that DC said he had final say after CC identified a list of targets...

That did form part of the statement, CC gave him the targets, DC told him they were a no go then CC picked one of DC's two options on the table, therefore giving him the final say!! lol

When you consider the potential caveats in players' contracts that could exist, then this probably isn't too far away from what's happened. We still have no idea as to who ultimately made the decisions regarding transfers and whether they were required/requested by CC - I think one thing for sure is that he didn't keep the ones he wanted in a decent enough condition through his own methods, not to have to fall back on players he didn't want to use.

If Jos has the same passion about the club for next season as Carlton does, it shouldn't be too much of an issue working out which players will fit into his ethos and perhaps re-motivating the squad.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
19 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Don’t you think the credibility of the individual making the points and his relationship with certain people around the club should be used to give some context to the points .

Or should we just ignore that context. 

I'm with you.

13 minutes ago, Plonk said:

IF this is true, and CC was given a list of left backs, how bad must the others on that list have been if he chose fox?

I don't think it works like that . according to chansiri they give him a list and he chooses who he wants and the whoever does the dealing (amedeu?) tries to broker a deal and if one cant be done then they move onto the next target so it's quite possible that fox wasn't his first choice .or even second .

6 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Oh for Christ sake he’s gone he’s Swansea manager 

it’s like a kid picking at a scab we are where we are deal with it

You know when you see the word "CARLOS' in the thread title and then click into it, read it, and then post that you're not happy about it?

You can skip the 'click into it' bit

Hope that helps

lol

Owlstalk Shop