Carlton Palmer - "Carlos wasn't allowed to have a massive clear-out"

Carlton Palmer.jpg

"Carlos Carvalhal has left, the new manager who’s come in [Luhukay] is in the same situation," said the former Wednesday midfielder. "He can’t move players out, he can’t move players in"

"He doesn’t have the say of which player comes in and which players go out. It becomes a major problem"

"When a chairman comes to you and says well you can choose from one of these players, even though he’s giving you the input, those players might not be what you want. You might want to shift a load of players out.

"For me, Sheffield Wednesday need a massive clear-out. They’ve got no legs, they’ve got no strength, they’ve got no desire in abundance in the team. I think Carlos wanted to do that, he wasn’t allowed to do that. But, he signed his contract under those terms and he ended up leaving."

Owlstalk Shop

What does he mean when he says ‘Luhukay can’t move players out’? We’ve had one transfer window where everyone was poxy injured and nobody would’ve bought any of our crocks anyway! And why would we want to sell fit players, when we’re trying to stay in the league? 

Old pinhead has been smoking too much mara...marijh...has been on the lager, I think. 

Just now, DuttyTeabags said:

I think we all knew this though. Would CC have spaffed 10m on a slow, weak unskillful striker? Nah

I think we did as well. When the club states that CC has the final say on a player it's a "technicality" he was given a couple of players to choose from or nothing, so you take the best option. The statement that the manager picked the player remains "technically" true..... at the same time it was very clear that on a couple of occasions he did get the players he chose and also CC agreed to work under that system.

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlton Palmer.jpg

"Carlos Carvalhal has left, the new manager who’s come in [Luhukay] is in the same situation," said the former Wednesday midfielder. "He can’t move players out, he can’t move players in"

"He doesn’t have the say of which player comes in and which players go out. It becomes a major problem"

"When a chairman comes to you and says well you can choose from one of these players, even though he’s giving you the input, those players might not be what you want. You might want to shift a load of players out.

"For me, Sheffield Wednesday need a massive clear-out. They’ve got no legs, they’ve got no strength, they’ve got no desire in abundance in the team. I think Carlos wanted to do that, he wasn’t allowed to do that. But, he signed his contract under those terms and he ended up leaving."

Nail on head

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

7 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

What does he mean when he says ‘Luhukay can’t move players out’? We’ve had one transfer window where everyone was poxy injured and nobody would’ve bought any of our crocks anyway! And why would we want to sell fit players, when we’re trying to stay in the league? 

Old pinhead has been smoking too much mara...marijh...has been on the lager, I think. 

I think he means the chairman's strategy of building a family and not selling any players

Owlstalk Shop