Carlton Palmer - "Carlos wasn't allowed to have a massive clear-out"

Just now, oldishowl said:

Shame he has turned into a bitter ex player who takes any opportunity given by the media to have a go at our club.

Can we transfer him to Leeds again 

A lot of what he says is bang on though. We do need a massive clear out and start again. Even when everyone is fit, our players have had two attempts at promotion ,and failed both times. we need to start again and bring in some pace and power 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Shame he has turned into a bitter ex player who takes any opportunity given by the media to have a go at our club.

Can we transfer him to Leeds again 

OR he was asked a question (that we're all interested in) and gave a straight answer?

WTF!?

Edited by Costello 77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

A lot of what he says is bang on though. We do need a massive clear out and start again. Even when everyone is fit, our players have had two attempts at promotion ,and failed both times. we need to start again and bring in some pace and power 

It almost feels like we are so tainted that a completely fresh start is the only way forward. I suspect we'll see some movement but not as much as some would like. For me, there's a couple I'd keep but I'm of the view that I won't be shedding a tear over any departure, no matter who it is.

• Like 1

The owner is NOT allowing the manager to manage. Carlton is spot on. DC gives me absolutely no confidence in his management of the club.

It's no wonder so many managers gave us a swerve  when they saw the restraints and conditions they would have to work under.

LET THE MANAGER MANAGE !

palmer u have spent too much time in china son.  carlos fetched all those bad signings in,so he could hardly ship em out straight away, the reason they all are still here is because no other club would pay there wages what there on here.  carlos is the one who fetched no pace in and didn't sign a player like yourself in midfield.  I know what I'm on about and 95% of our supporters do. 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Of course everyone knows that but that is not really the point that he is making.

He is using it to have another go at our owner.

And do you really think Carlos was not instrumental in decisions like new contracts for Loovens, Hutch, Atty etc. He kept picking them on the odd occasion they were fit.

As for a clear out. Where are these clubs queuing up to sign our aged, injured superstars.

It ain’t that easy which is why giving out new contracts like those above was nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Morepork said:

It almost feels like we are so tainted that a completely fresh start is the only way forward. I suspect we'll see some movement but not as much as some would like. For me, there's a couple I'd keep but I'm of the view that I won't be shedding a tear over any departure, no matter who it is.

Spot on mate 

Just now, oldishowl said:

Of course everyone knows that but that is not really the point that he is making.

He is using it to have another go at our owner.

And do you really think Carlos was not instrumental in decisions like new contracts for Loovens, Hutch, Atty etc. He kept picking them on the odd occasion they were fit.

As for a clear out. Where are these clubs queuing up to sign our aged, injured superstars.

It ain’t that easy which is why giving out new contracts like those above was nonsense.

We know DC is interfering with the players because he has said Hirst cant play for the first team but can play for the U`23`s . this shouldnt be happening . No owner/chairman should have anything to do with players or team selection . He should keep his nose out. 

5 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Here we go.

Wheel somebody out , stick him in front of a microphone and all of a sudden he is the font of all knowledge.

As an ex pro who no doubt has connections in the game I’ll take his opinion a hell of a lot more seriously than yours, the only person coming across as bitter on here is you mate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

We know DC is interfering with the players because he has said Hirst cant play for the first team but can play for the U`23`s . this shouldnt be happening . No owner/chairman should have anything to do with players or team selection . He should keep his nose out. 

That came out of contract negotiations 

It is nothing to with team selection per se and hardly proof of DC meddling in first team selections.

Carlton is just using another interview to have a go at the owner because he fell out with his mate Hirst.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Once again post points made by someone about our club and instead of debating the points some immediately launch an attack on whoever said it

So sad that as a set of fans we've turned into that

Don’t you think the credibility of the individual making the points and his relationship with certain people around the club should be used to give some context to the points .

Or should we just ignore that context.