Carlton Palmer - "Carlos wasn't allowed to have a massive clear-out"

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlton Palmer.jpg

"Carlos Carvalhal has left, the new manager who’s come in [Luhukay] is in the same situation," said the former Wednesday midfielder. "He can’t move players out, he can’t move players in"

"He doesn’t have the say of which player comes in and which players go out. It becomes a major problem"

"When a chairman comes to you and says well you can choose from one of these players, even though he’s giving you the input, those players might not be what you want. You might want to shift a load of players out.

"For me, Sheffield Wednesday need a massive clear-out. They’ve got no legs, they’ve got no strength, they’ve got no desire in abundance in the team. I think Carlos wanted to do that, he wasn’t allowed to do that. But, he signed his contract under those terms and he ended up leaving."

thanks for what 'YOU THINK' carlton, 'I THINK' i ought to win on the lottery, but it doesn't happen. looks like we'll both be better sticking to facts.

In order to have a massive clear out you have to have sides who want to take on the players you want to offload.

Somehow I doubt there was a long line of clubs wanting to take on the contracts of Almen Abdi, Dave Jones and Marco Matias in the summer.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlton Palmer.jpg

"Carlos Carvalhal has left, the new manager who’s come in [Luhukay] is in the same situation," said the former Wednesday midfielder. "He can’t move players out, he can’t move players in"

"He doesn’t have the say of which player comes in and which players go out. It becomes a major problem"

"When a chairman comes to you and says well you can choose from one of these players, even though he’s giving you the input, those players might not be what you want. You might want to shift a load of players out.

"For me, Sheffield Wednesday need a massive clear-out. They’ve got no legs, they’ve got no strength, they’ve got no desire in abundance in the team. I think Carlos wanted to do that, he wasn’t allowed to do that. But, he signed his contract under those terms and he ended up leaving."

Ultimately Carlos had been part of the team which brought players with no desire, legs or strength into the team. Let's not feel too sorry for the guy not being able to get rid of players he's brought to the club in the previous 18 months of signing his final contract.

Of course Dc has the final say over which player comes into the club. Its HIS money FFS.

Obviously the Manager will identify the position he wants strengthening, and probably which player/s he wants to buy., but there is a limit to which player he buys. This consists of a) the price

b) the amount thhe player wants

c) whether the playeris willing to come.

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

We DO need a massive clear out , Carlton is right.  When the owner is interfering in team affairs it only ends one way . 

the owner should have some input, it's his money, but the choice should be from a 'footballing' man, in the case of us having no manager, it was likely to be the head coach.

the whole situation looks wrong, IF he was picking from a choice of (let's say) 4 players, who was the governing body supplying those names?, shall we have a guess at that?

this lot appears to have been wrong from the start as more emerges, it needs a footballing man, a british one, not another from abroad whose been out of work for 2 years, they ain't gonna risk rocking the boat, and the boat's sinking at present.

if we don't turn around, and start building a squad from our present one, with the intent of playing fast, strong, pressing, closing down, attacking british championship football, then the 'jig is up'.

get a proven british manager in, say no to the 'supplied list' of players, and get in what we need, not what were offered, keep those good enough and those we have to, sell or get shut of the rest, and get quality loans in to bulk the squad out (fulham style), and move on from there, it shouldn't cost the fortune that's been spent.

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

It almost feels like we are so tainted that a completely fresh start is the only way forward. I suspect we'll see some movement but not as much as some would like. For me, there's a couple I'd keep but I'm of the view that I won't be shedding a tear over any departure, no matter who it is.

This^^^^^^^^^^100%

When I was younger I used to dread good players leaving

Then I learn't, I don't support the players, I support the shirt

Unless the player is one of our own

The pending Hirst move will hurt, but no player is bigger than the club

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

He's not saying anything particularly new or controversial here, though?

The manager/head coach hasn't been running transfer strategy. No one supposes otherwise - or actually that at this level for that to be happen would be realistic.  

The issue is the quality of advice and ultimate decision making by those who are involved; and some real questions of accountability and conflicts of interests.

But again: that's pretty clear, and well known

2 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

What does he mean when he says ‘Luhukay can’t move players out’? We’ve had one transfer window where everyone was poxy injured and nobody would’ve bought any of our crocks anyway! And why would we want to sell fit players, when we’re trying to stay in the league? 

Old pinhead has been smoking too much mara...marijh...has been on the lager, I think. 

i think IF carlton knows something about jos not being able to 'move players out' then he should spill the beans, not keep it to himself, it will be better out in the open, or shall i tell you all i know about the electromagnetic pulse drive?

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’ll be having a massive clear out at half time. If anyone is interested.

Hopefully your lucky halftime dump won't be needed today.

However I'm sure it will so fill up with plenty of fibre at lunchtime.

• Haha 1

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Same old responses from those who refuse to believe anything is wrong

Clapping all the way to the 3rd division

9 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Same old responses from those who refuse to believe anything is wrong

Clapping all the way to the 3rd division

Ha ha clapping thst must be the worst phrase in football