Carlton Palmer - "Carlos wasn't allowed to have a massive clear-out"

Guest Hillsborough Mole
Just now, dan1980 said:

Ha ha clapping thst must be the worst phrase in football

Nah "The manager needs time to show what he can do without injuries" is the worst

1 hour ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

Agreed. Saleable assets will need to be sacrificed for the greater good.

in the end that will be the bottom line, then the maths of how much money lost on the venture will be calculated, before restructuring can start.

that said i'm not sure we have the correct off field set up evry to make this a success.

i must say i do feel for the guy who brought his money, bought the club, funded what he thought was improvements, only to see what i think is money squandered on fees and wages for players who have hardly featured for one reason or another. i think i'd better leave it at that.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Of course Dc has the final say over which player comes into the club. Its HIS money FFS.

Obviously the Manager will identify the position he wants strengthening, and probably which player/s he wants to buy., but there is a limit to which player he buys. This consists of a) the price

b) the amount thhe player wants

c) whether the playeris willing to come.

tbh, i haven't seen us let pricing bother us too often, quite the contrary we've been splurging too much for players fees and wages.

Just now, dnhc said:

i do think at times we've bought quantity over quality, yet paid quality money for it.

Totally agree mate . I do think we have paid a premium for " The Name " , rather than taking into account their age , injury record etc 

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I’ll be having a massive clear out at half time. If anyone is interested.

About time too !!!! Never mind blaming CC, DC or team injuries ladies and gents, for me, the blame for our horrible season lies fairly and squarely with Theowlsman. He has clearly been constipated since August, and has not had a LHTDlol

Just now, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

About time too !!!! Never mind blaming CC, DC or team injuries ladies and gents, for me, the blame for our horrible season lies fairly and squarely with Theowlsman. He has clearly been constipated since August, and has not had a LHTDlol

He should try some of our lass`s cooking ,that would cure the problem. WTF:

• Haha 1

Just now, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Blame Nev, not me.

He unilaterrally took over the role and we’ve been, er, crap ever since. He’s obviously not eating the right things (curries, chillis, kebabs, pizzas, basically anything that is not healthy).

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Totally agree mate . I do think we have paid a premium for " The Name " , rather than taking into account their age , injury record etc 

also will they fit?, honestly i think we've been dragging ourselves forward at a snail's pace from keeper to backline, to m/f, to attacking m/f, with the odd backwards pass, or two, or three involved, before trying a multi man complex move on the flank resulting in a cross into the area with us at best us having 2 forwards in there, up against half a dozen of their players. instead of using a differing tactic, we've looked to carry on using the same one, but added players to the squad, like that will alter anything. we've had one method of playing, and just added more, and more, and more players to the squad in some belief that eventually unused numbers would overcome logic.

Just now, dnhc said:

also will they fit?, honestly i think we've been dragging ourselves forward at a snail's pace from keeper to backline, to m/f, to attacking m/f, with the odd backwards pass, or two, or three involved, before trying a multi man complex move on the flank resulting in a cross into the area with us at best us having 2 forwards in there, up against half a dozen of their players. instead of using a differing tactic, we've looked to carry on using the same one, but added players to the squad, like that will alter anything. we've had one method of playing, and just added more, and more, and more players to the squad in some belief that eventually unused numbers would overcome logic.

We lack the two vital ingredients to be successful , Pace and Power.  we have neither . As you rightly say , everything we do is at snails pace , and so easy for the opposition to defend against.  

8 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We lack the two vital ingredients to be successful , Pace and Power.  we have neither . As you rightly say , everything we do is at snails pace , and so easy for the opposition to defend against.  

i'll add you a third, fourth, and fifth, BELIEF, HUNGER, and the MANAGEMENT to induce that belief and hunger.

15 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

when you look at the number of goals needed to be scored by a realistic promotion candidate, and the quality of ball given to our overmarked forwards it's staggering.

Today the chairman is pitchside with Luhukay before kick off.

Its wrong. He needs to take a back seat and leave it to the manager and his team. His relationship with managers will be his downfall. A good chairman stays in the background and comes to the forefront when it's only necessary. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Once again post points made by someone about our club and instead of debating the points some immediately launch an attack on whoever said it

So sad that as a set of fans we've turned into that

Yes but surely its legitamate to question whether Palmer actually knows what he's talking about. Does he know this info for a fact or is it just guesswork??

Palmer has also said today that the owner also dictated which players the managers could sign. Apparently our lovely owner also dictates which players can leave. 

This explains much. I  could never work out why cc signed the hopeless Boyd and then gave him a fifty grand a week two year deal.

Clearly Rhodes was the owners pick. 

What is he up to?, why is he signing has beens on massive wages? 

I told you all many weeks ago that our owner was a dictator, a person with a totalitarian attitude and demeanor.

If someone was trying to ruin the club then they couldn't do a better job. 

• Haha 1