Is there a place for religion in football?

2 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It's all over.

Stephen Hawking dismissed the existence of a  God in a recent interview prior to his death.

He is at present rattling the pearly gates shouting I'm sorry God, I don't know everything, please let me in.

I said that earlier...imagine Hawking standing in front of God now....God says with a rye smile...'Sos mate you were wrong'

Life's a beeeetch,

Then you are chosen to be a Wednesdayite,

What's the feckin problem ???????????????????

FFS

On 14/03/2018 at 02:31, Mus said:

Not being a religious person I find it weird all these players nowadays praying on the pitch or when waiting to come on.  Is it me being an old grump or does anyone else find it rather odd?

Dont see any problem in football tbh, it’s when it gets into schools and politics that it’s an issue

Guest Jack the Hat
8 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Sorry but you are a privileged white male and so your opinion can be taken with a pinch of salt. Plus most BME people live in absolute poverty thanks to deeply entrenched racist and sexist beliefs from the resident population of white Brits, securing these people some seats at a football ground to give them a little bit of relief from the day to day horrors of living in a country that hates them I think is the least we can do no? 

I don't have an entrenched hatred for any person or sector of society. You know nothing about me, my background and the mix of people which make up my circle of friends. To suggest my opinion can be taken with a pinch of salt because I am white is racist, laughable and offensive. Privileged ? Like most people on here I was born with a stainless steel spoon in my mouth and have worked hard for everything I have. Has it crossed your mind that people from different cultures may not go to football matches because they don't like football? Although it's popular in Europe and South America there are plenty of areas of North America, Australia and Asia who don't much care for it. I could go on much more about how offensive I find your reply but I won't. You are entitled to your opinion.

Guest Jack the Hat
8 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

It’s OK tinks I was just looking for some bites as I’m a pathetic attention seeker but I don’t actually want to end up shutting down your thread so please anybody don’t take my ridiculous post above serious. My bad sorry, 

Only just seen this. Got me hook Line and sinker. Good work!

8 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

It's all over.

Stephen Hawking dismissed the existence of a  God in a recent interview prior to his death.

He is at present rattling the pearly gates shouting I'm sorry God, I don't know everything, please let me in.

Pictures or it didn't happen!!:ph34r:

Each to their own... for what it’s worth I think that some of it is just another affectation... like covering their mouths when they speak, like squirting water into their mouths from six inches, spitting it out and then repeating it, all that stuff. 

The kids will be doing it in the playground soon.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's 2018 ffs

The fact this debate is even being had tells you that some people can't just let people live their own way.

Yeah, it’d 2018 , you’re right brother, let them trot on with their mobile phones so that they can take selfies and text their mates how things are going. Don’t let it be said that I’m a Luddite.