Joao and who.

1 hour ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Where do we think Forestieri will fit into the system for Jos? I think he'll play in a hole behind a front man, probably Joao. Then Nuhiu can replace Joao later on as a lone striker requires a LOT of closing down so don't expect 90 mins.

Are we all looking forward to the pages and pages and pages of where FF should play when available?

Certainly it will be interesting to see how Jos uses his talent.

On 3/8/2018 at 13:56, Pale Rider said:

Really need a win on Saturday. No strike partnership over the last few months has looked like supplying goals. In fairness to Joao although far from an accomplished championship striker, he has upped his game and got a few goals. None of the other strikers have covered themselves in glory. Should we try something different be it Reach up top or even Clare. What do you think. 

From what little I've seen I like Joao and Nuhiu(sp?) up top together. 

On 09/03/2018 at 00:33, jrh said:

Joao and Rhodes. They played really well together against Cardiff and derby bit never get the chance to get a run together because jos keeps droppijg one of them. People putting nuhiu in need to have a look at themselves, he wouldn't be good enough for league one never mind the championship. 

Leeds 1 -Nuhiu 2 

people were saying exactly the same about  a certain Leon Clarke, who now happens to be the Blades leading goalscorer.

since the advent of Jos, the standard of Joao & Atdhe has come on in leaps and bounds. 

And don't forget, we might not have faith, but his International Manager does. 

10 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Leeds 1 -Nuhiu 2 

people were saying exactly the same about  a certain Leon Clarke, who now happens to be the Blades leading goalscorer.

since the advent of Jos, the standard of Joao & Atdhe has come on in leaps and bounds. 

Absolutely not true. Leon Clarke shower ability just lacked consistency. I've seen nuhiu play in over 100 games and had a handful of good games. If he continues scoring two a game or even one every two games for the rest of the season then I'll eat humble pie but I'm very very confident that will not be the case because he is nowhere near good enough.

On 09/03/2018 at 01:19, DJMortimer said:

Someone ought to tell the 4 managers who have only picked him to play at this level 161 times between them over the course of 5 years.

:dry:

3/4 got the sack and the 4th has won two league games since being here and the other one nuhiu didn't start. 

48 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Problem is if I try and do a back drop these days I find great difficulty in getting back up.

I am 67, going on 17 when ever we go to a Northern do, the best dancer in the room, as long as I can stay in the chair.

Keep the faith Brother.

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Leeds 1 -Nuhiu 2 

Tbf clarke is like a lot of players. Couldn’t cut it a big club, so drops down to lower and lower quality clubs until, like Clarke, they finally find their level at a scummy little club that’s not won a trophy for nearly a century.

3 hours ago, jrh said:

3/4 got the sack and the 4th has won two league games since being here and the other one nuhiu didn't start. 

2 out of 4 got the sack, and one of those was because the chairman had bigger plans in mind, rather than him being a failure. 

And it's hardly news that lots of football managers get sacked. That's what happened to pretty much all of our big name / successful managers of the last 30 years including Ron Atkinson, Trevor Francis, David Pleat, Gary Megson, Dave Jones... Can we blame the likes of Paolo Di Canio, Chris Waddle, Des Walker, David Hirst etc for not being good enough to save any of them as you are inferring with Nuhiu here?

On 09/03/2018 at 08:34, gurujuan said:

Joao on his own, at least until we can pair him with Forestieri or Hooper Personally, I’d ditch the three at the back, and pack the midfield Five proper midfield players, can break forward and support a lone striker Five at the back doesn’t make us look any more secure, and two up front, hardly makes us potent

4 2 3 1 would suit us I think, especially as Hooper, Joao and FF benefit a bit deeper and wider, they could play in the three as could Bannan. 

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

2 out of 4 got the sack, and one of those was because the chairman had bigger plans in mind, rather than him being a failure. 

And it's hardly news that lots of football managers get sacked. That's what happened to pretty much all of our big name / successful managers of the last 30 years including Ron Atkinson, Trevor Francis, David Pleat, Gary Megson, Dave Jones... Can we blame the likes of Paolo Di Canio, Chris Waddle, Des Walker, David Hirst etc for not being good enough to save any of them as you are inferring with Nuhiu here?

Simple question; will we go up wirh nuhiu playing regularly? Absolutely not.