Joao and who.

Joao on his own, at least until we can pair him with Forestieri or Hooper Personally, I’d ditch the three at the back, and pack the midfield Five proper midfield players, can break forward and support a lone striker Five at the back doesn’t make us look any more secure, and two up front, hardly makes us potent

8 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Someone ought to tell the 4 managers who have only picked him to play at this level 161 times between them over the course of 5 years.

:dry:

Someone also should tell them managers he returned only 21 goals in that period. He's not a centre half, he's a striker. He doesn't deliver the goals, needs to move on in the summer.

14 hours ago, markjr2401 said:

Reach and Clare aren't forwards end of. I for one would stick Joao as a lone striker and ensure he has enough support from attacking midfielders 

I agree playing joao on his own and reach & clare in behind with free roles and licence to get forward whenever possible may be our best option at the moment both while not strikers are probably the best two we have available from midfield at the moment in front of goal. 

10 hours ago, AracdianDreamer said:

Joao and Nuhiu pick themselves at the moment. Such a shame with the Hirst situation.

It's frightening to think that people at the club may be so stubborn to see us go down rather then play someone who potentially could score a few goals to see us over the line. Very concerning.

The Hirst situation also has to make you wonder about the whole Fernando issue at Norwich to.

What’s Hirst and his contract situation got to do with FF refusing to play 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Joao on his own, at least until we can pair him with Forestieri or Hooper Personally, I’d ditch the three at the back, and pack the midfield Five proper midfield players, can break forward and support a lone striker Five at the back doesn’t make us look any more secure, and two up front, hardly makes us potent

Completely Agree 

If we want a front 2, I'd say Rhodes. But we need to change the team around them. The reason Nuhiu has worked to an extent lately is that we're just knocking balls in at random and he's managed to gather a few due to being 14ft tall and wide. If we start playing football we should see the benefit of having Rhodes.

Joao - Rhodes

Reach - Clare - Pessy - Abdi - Palmer

Pudil - Lees - Fred

Wildsmith

Or.. we have to switch it up and play Joao as a lone striker but with support.

Joao
Reach - Abdi - Boyd

Clare - Pessy

Pudil - Lees - Fred - Palmer

Wildsmith

Now Jordan, this is a 5 stringed banjo. See that cow over there...try and swing the banjo by the Peg head and see if you can hit its arse with the banjo pot...that’s it, swing it, try again...again...just swing it onto the cow’s arse..the cow’s arse..see the cow? The back bit is its arse...swing the banjo and try and hit the arse...try again...the cow Jordan, yep forget the arse, just try hitting the cow...try again...

But by law of averages he's got to hit it sometime....so Rhode's. I'm sure he'll bang one in, get his mojo back and become a goal machine again..... hopefully.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Fine with either Nuhiu or Rhodes partnering Joao. Nuhiu probably deserves the nod but then again I thought that JR and LJ were starting to look like a decent pairing in the making against Cardiff (yeah I know about the misses but felt they were working well together).

For what it’s worth I don’t think Rhodes will get many more starts this season, he doesn’t work with Joao and he’s definitely not a lone striker 

can even see Stobbs getting a start in front of him,  the way Jos seems to set teams up I think Fletcher will be a favourite 

On 3/8/2018 at 16:33, jrh said:

Joao and Rhodes. They played really well together against Cardiff and derby bit never get the chance to get a run together because jos keeps droppijg one of them. People putting nuhiu in need to have a look at themselves, he wouldn't be good enough for league one never mind the championship. 

On 3/8/2018 at 17:01, tarn owl said:

Joao upfront as lone striker with attacking midfielders and wingers.............then I woke up and realised I’ll have to watch Rhodes and Nuhiu desperately trying to play upfront and score. They may try but they just can’t deliver the goods, try Hirst for Christ sake, I don’t know how much more of Rhodes and nuhiu I can take. 

On 3/9/2018 at 01:56, tarn owl said:

Someone also should tell them managers he returned only 21 goals in that period. He's not a centre half, he's a striker. He doesn't deliver the goals, needs to move on in the summer.

On 3/10/2018 at 12:25, Pale Rider said:

After today the question still remains. The majority went for big Dave. Today again proved to me they don’t work together. Not saying my suggestions are the answer, but Jos needs to come up with something. 

:tango:

Where do we think Forestieri will fit into the system for Jos? I think he'll play in a hole behind a front man, probably Joao. Then Nuhiu can replace Joao later on as a lone striker requires a LOT of closing down so don't expect 90 mins.

6 minutes ago, MuddyFunkster said:

Where do we think Forestieri will fit into the system for Jos? I think he'll play in a hole behind a front man, probably Joao. Then Nuhiu can replace Joao later on as a lone striker requires a LOT of closing down so don't expect 90 mins.

Should be Reach out to LWB and FF as the 10

• Like 1