Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

56 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Also people with season tickets not going because we're on a bad run is pathetic, rather they stayed away completely than just turning up when we're doing well.

It's important that fans feel as much loyalty to the club as possible, so that they keep turning even in the bad times, I totally agree.

But there's two other things at play here. First, it doesn't feel like we're getting any loyalty back from the club at present. Wednesdayites have shown their capacity to endure dross on the pitch over many years now, but it's another thing entirely when the club is demanding that you pay over £30 to walk up and watch the crap we're turning out at the moment.

Which links into the second thing - yes, we're devoted fans of the club, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that those in charge of the club see us mainly as customers. If they want to see us that way then fine - but they really shouldn't expect anyone to turn up with the way things are at the moment, because what they're offering is an appalling value proposition. It's pretty ironic that fans are treated as customers, but all the while the club is relying on their innate loyalty so that they keep turning every week.

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

It's important that fans feel as much loyalty to the club as possible, so that they keep turning even in the bad times, I totally agree.

But there's two other things at play here. First, it doesn't feel like we're getting any loyalty back from the club at present. Wednesdayites have shown their capacity to endure dross on the pitch over many years now, but it's another thing entirely when the club is demanding that you pay over £30 to walk up and watch the crap we're turning out at the moment.

Which links into the second thing - yes, we're devoted fans of the club, but it's becoming increasingly obvious that those in charge of the club see us mainly as customers. If they want to see us that way then fine - but they really shouldn't expect anyone to turn up with the way things are at the moment, because what they're offering is an appalling value proposition. It's pretty ironic that fans are treated as customers, but all the while the club is relying on their innate loyalty so that they keep turning every week.

Thats the trap mate...Its why our current CEO had to backtrack after calling Charlton fans customers....

I know exactly what they view me as...all the spaffing about "The Wednesday family" and platitudes I take for the simple guff that it is.

You cannot understand what Sheffield Wednesday is..by simply purchasing it...I bought a f.ookin' Rubic cube...still can't do it.

What they do know is.....The pull it has on the community, and the bovine nature of such as me..I know that they know that I know.

We are viewed as customers...Even owls fans albeit "Ambivalent" ones have thrown that crass accusation out.

The acid answer to those accusations are...

Why in the name of f.ookery would "Customers" pay twice the price when a better product is available 4 miles away?

Chansiri and our CEO understand this...baffles the f.ook outta me why some Wednesday fans don't.

Its simply a trap....platitudes to tug your heartstrings, and promises of jam tomorrow...

I know it for what it is...I know Wednesday for what they are to me, and that goes beyond a chancer kissin' his shirt or a Thai buying the club, and way beyond fellow fans thinking I'm stupid..I go because I want to..When I don't want to..I won't go..When I can't afford it..I'll simply hold me hands up...but I will still consider meself a Wednesday fan..not a customer...even if I can't afford the sodding product..I will still be a Wednesday fan..Thats the bloody "Difference" between a customer and a fan...Its simply up to you...f.ook the rest of them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The issue isn't even this season mate

It's next season and beyond I'm worried about

This Saturday people wont' turn up no matter what the price simply for the reasons I've already stated.

To be honest Neil , i have no intention of going on Saturday even tho im a ST holder. Ive had enough the club mugging off us fans ,and outside influences involved in the club .

I offered my ST to my mate who used it last night,and he said he dosnt want it for saturday , even tho its a freebie

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

To be honest Neil , i have no intention of going on Saturday even tho im a ST holder. Ive had enough the club mugging off us fans ,and outside influences involved in the club .

How have the club made you feel mugged off, out of curiosity? 

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Some proper dummies been spat out in this thread.

One thing that does my head in is people whinging at games week in week out, if you really don't like going then don't, I don't understand the issue.

Also people with season tickets not going because we're on a bad run is pathetic, rather they stayed away completely than just turning up when we're doing well.

Image result for keep clapping and thanks for watching

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

... what the POTG prices have done is..anger a lot of those fans , alienated them and now its fast looking like we might need them back...Gonna take one helluva sales pitch that......

It isn't just ticket prices for games. I've stated upthread what would get me back more often than currently. I can only see my attendance getting worse, although I amaze myself that it does look like I'm going to the game Saturday! :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

It isn't just ticket prices for games. I've stated upthread what would get me back more often than currently. I can only see my attendance getting worse, although I amaze myself that it does look like I'm going to the game Saturday! :rolleyes:

I'm amazed every time I tip up mate.....Suddenly find meself sat there lol

I'm deffo going on Saturday....I'm gonna try and not howl me frustration...I was shocking Tuesday night, I was mumping as soon as I saw butterfield and Jones in the same midfield and sorta sat there waiting for the inevitable.

I laughed at the "Light show" though....typical Owls fans .."On our way back " etc....

I think sometimes its the fans that bring me back more than the team...Its the whole f.ookin' circus..

1 minute ago, Thurnscoe_OWL said:

I've had a season ticket coming up 7 years but I've not been since Cardiff at home in January. Don't know if I'm bothering Saturday yet but I'll probably renew

Thats the sort of thing I mean mate....

I went through a period in the late 80's when I was working shifts and couldn't afford a season ticket...I used to buy a ticket to a home match I knew I couldn't go to...Simply because it made me still feel part of it...and simply give it away....but..I still felt part of it..and still felt I had a right to comment on it.

I would argue the point that  It doesn't make me owt like a "Customer"..It might make me a f.ookin' idiot..but it makes me nothing like a customer.

I will in no way slate the fans who are staying away for whatever reason...The fans who are not coming, are probably doing as much to help us who are...in the long run..because sadly 

Money on the gate is the ONLY thing that interests the folk running the club.

Mr Chansiri stated something like 

"Those of us who are paying the asking price, are holding the club in trust for those who can't"

Well turn that on its head...because

"Those who are refusing to pay the asking price"..in the long run, could well force the changes in attitude that will be needed to get Hillsborough full again...

Its a paradox...its a mess....but then again...."Its Wednesday"...innit?

Crikey, what's happening to my beloved club.

I've been going now for near on 60 years and can't remember ever feeling this low and more to the point can't see an end to it.

When I saw the line up on the way to game, my first reaction was 'oh no' there are at least 4 on the bench that should be starting.

Went back to the pub last night and was totally deflated, along with others and we didn't even speak about it, it's been said and debated too many times.

There doesn't appear to be anything coming out of the club and I wonder if DC really understands what the current situation means to us supporters.

Can't get my head round it but I know it hurts (not my head).

Come on DC, stand up in front of us and tell us you understand, what your plans are etc. before fans start voting with their feet and wallets.

For me after seeing most players attitudes last night, especially club captain Loovens, I'd be tempted to play most of the U23s along with a few experienced like Reach, Lees etc.

But what ever, I'll be there Saturday and probably come home feeling the same. as don't believe Jos is the right man to pull us through this.

More and more season ticket holders will stop going full stop the longer we continue to employ such an unenthusiastic manager.

From top to bottom the club is falling on its backside.

The only way people like Chansiri will ever listen is when the fans don’t renew in huge numbers. It’s a sad thing to say, but as long as people keep putting money the more he’ll believe he’s doing the right thing.

Never underestimate fan power. 

25 minutes ago, Wednesday-Wonderland said:

I've given my season ticket to a fella at work for the Bolton game. I don't have any specific plans on Saturday I just don't want to waste the day by going to Hillsborough.

Same, dad's mate is using mine. He was a season ticket holder for decades before it became a middle class persuit. 

Re membership well that's just a plain rip-off, £50 is a disgrace

Edited by modboy

I aint going on saturday even tho i have a ST . I have another year left on a 3 year one ,but im just going to let that run out . The club arnt having another penny off me until there is a complete rethink and sensible pricing is returned. 

Some right fannies in this thread

Look I’m as fed up as the next fan regarding this season. I’ve missed games and I’m considering writing this season off as I’ve got a 5 year old girl, and another one on the way in June, so weekends can be better spent at the minute

However talk of abandoning Sheffield Wednesday is ludicrous. Chansiri has made mistakes but I’m as sure as anything that he’s going to strive to put them right, starting this summer

I just wonder if there is one fan amongst us who is attending the steering committee meeting on Friday who will speak up and perhaps raise a dissenting voice.

The likelihood of it being heard is something else but I would guess there may be more than just one or two in that meeting that will be asking the questions regarding a potential revision of season ticket prices if the very awful scenario of relegation occurs.

Asteener and S36 have it right - playing on the emotions of fans is a very dangerous game when you're in a relationship that seems so one sided, the issue is with the fans love of the club it's not just as simple as saying sod it I'll go somewhere else for my fix.

I know the days under DA where dark but this feels like the whole club is hanging off a cliff edge at the moment and quite rightly fans (who love the club) are questioning just where this is all going next season as well as where it will conclude this.

I want our chairman to come out fighting and start having the same kind of voice we've come to know from him, regardless of whether we agree or disagree with what he has to say.

11 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

I just wonder if there is one fan amongst us who is attending the steering committee meeting on Friday who will speak up and perhaps raise a dissenting voice.

The likelihood of it being heard is something else but I would guess there may be more than just one or two in that meeting that will be asking the questions regarding a potential revision of season ticket prices if the very awful scenario of relegation occurs.

Asteener and S36 have it right - playing on the emotions of fans is a very dangerous game when you're in a relationship that seems so one sided, the issue is with the fans love of the club it's not just as simple as saying sod it I'll go somewhere else for my fix.

I know the days under DA where dark but this feels like the whole club is hanging off a cliff edge at the moment and quite rightly fans (who love the club) are questioning just where this is all going next season as well as where it will conclude this.

I want our chairman to come out fighting and start having the same kind of voice we've come to know from him, regardless of whether we agree or disagree with what he has to say.

For the first time I’m going.

I have read all the minutes of the previous ones that people have kindly put on and the meetings just seem to go round in circles 

I have been active in this thread as I want to know why people won’t go Saturday 

I was hoping the match would be selling well so I could explain to DC why reducing prices would help the club in so many ways.

Sadly for one reason or another the “fans” have abandoned ship it seems 

Thus giving credence to DC’s abysmal pricing policy 

31 minutes ago, torres said:

For the first time I’m going.

I have read all the minutes of the previous ones that people have kindly put on and the meetings just seem to go round in circles 

I have been active in this thread as I want to know why people won’t go Saturday 

I was hoping the match would be selling well so I could explain to DC why reducing prices would help the club in so many ways.

Sadly for one reason or another the “fans” have abandoned ship it seems 

Thus giving credence to DC’s abysmal pricing policy 

Just curious as you’ve attacked Wednesday fans relentlessly in this thread - Why have you put ‘fans’ and not fans?

And if you are going will you be asking the Chairman why he’s allowed our club to get to the point where you are now attacking your fellow FANS?

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Just curious as you’ve attacked Wednesday fans relentlessly in this thread - Why have you put ‘fans’ and not fans?

And if you are going will you be asking the Chairman why he’s allowed our club to get to the point where you are now attacking your fellow FANS?

I have not attacked Wednesday fans one bit in this thread - i could not praise enough the people who attend on a regular basis.

The ones, who would associate themselves with the club -  but are not going  because it's too much, too boring, too cold, too wet, wrong manager, wrong team - all well within their rights of course -  are the people i'm asking to turn up just once.

These will be the same set of people that say they are ''fans and not customers'' but do exactly what customers do and nothing like a supporter.

I don't wish to go over old ground - but personally i think £20.00 for an important game (and if anyone doesn't think it's important  - then they are simply wrong) is a good chance to prove a point as FANS to say when the price is reasonable we will attend.

Yes there are other factors involved of course they are - but you have to win a few battles to win the war.

IF they want the club run in the correct way - i firmly believe the first opportunity as a fan is to put the effort in on Saturday and get our club back.

If not - i'm not sure how they expect anything to change