Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

4 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

Do you honestly think that will happen.

Not going when ticket prices are lowered plays into his hands too as he'll simply conclude "attendance has nothing to do with ticket price, so I won't be reducing it any more". The whole setup of your assertion is a falacy as you can conclude completely different things given the same outcome depending on your bias.

Edited by Owl Be Back

4 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

Chansiri is playing this club's fans like a fiddle.

How exactly? I question his competence as a business man and his capability to run a football club but I don't get the impression he's willfully taking the p*ss, etc.

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

How exactly? I question his competence as a business man and his capability to run a football club but I don't get the impression he's willfully taking the p*ss, etc.

I understand he's put a lot of money in, but I do think he's put his money in as an investment, thinking promotion in 2 years would have made him a vast profit.

I personally think he's riding roughshod over us all.

He's not interested in our views regarding prices, our views regarding traditions like the home shirt.

That is what I call taking the Mick.

I don't think we'll alter what he wants to do by doing what he asks us to do.

15 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Not going when ticket prices are lowered plays into his hands too as he'll simply conclude "attendance has nothing to do with ticket price, so I won't be reducing it any more"

Either way I bet he's seeing the thousands of season ticket holders not bothering and growing very concerned about next season

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

I understand he's put a lot of money in, but I do think he's put his money in as an investment, thinking promotion in 2 years would have made him a vast profit.

I personally think he's riding roughshod over us all.

He's not interested in our views regarding prices, our views regarding traditions like the home shirt.

That is what I call taking the Mick.

I don't think we'll alter what he wants to do by doing what he asks us to do.

Ah, right. I think that's a combination of general business/football incompetence and the cultural attitude of his home country coming into play.

He's completely got his plan wrong regarding getting promotion in two years by throwing money at it. That's going to really cost the club in order to get back on a decent footing.

Regarding views over prices. Again, I think that's business incompetence; I mean, who has he asked about pricing, the season ticket holders or the people that have stopped going or only go occassionally?

The shirt thing is... just... Well crackers. He doesn't have a clue about Sheffield Wednesday or what the stripes mean and ultimately the non-striped shirts have still sold well. Fans should've boycotted them if they truly felt having stripes was a big deal. I did. Haven't gone near buying one.

He's trying to get people through the door for the Bolton game, its been done before by this club and others so I don't see it as taking the p*ss. Personally, I think if we don't turn up he will conclude that pricing isn't a big deal. However, the complete lack of communication by the club regarding this has been shocking. So, another one to be chalked up to general incompetence.

I'm really not happy with Wednesday and specifically Chansiri at the moment, but I draw different conclusions to you as to the root causes.

Edited by Owl Be Back

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Either way I bet he's seeing the thousands of season ticket holders not bothering and growing very concerned about next season

I hope so. Assuming that information is being collated by the club and communicated to him.

Have the renewals dropped?

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

Ah, right. I think that's a combination of general business/football incompetence and the cultural attitude of his home country coming into play.

I don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke just that he doesn't have a feel for English football or the local area.

41 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I know where you are coming from with this.

Would much rather watch a winning side but do find it entertaining watching some people go Ape Shiit when things are going badly. I really hope the bloke behind me the other night gets his blood pressure checked out.

People around us on Tues night were having blue fits about Palmer & his crossing. I just gawped at where the ball ended up, shook my head & smiled.

It really is the blackest of humour lately watching us perform. Christ knows how bad it is watching them below us. They're even worse! We played like that on Tuesday & maintained our league position.

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't think Chansiri is a bad bloke just that he doesn't have a feel for English football or the local area.

That's what I think. I'd also assert that he doesn't have any real business success under his belt that he's grafted for individually, it's just working for daddy and the family. However, the way Wednesday is run from top to bottom is a shambles. All this around the Bolton game and communicating the price on their website and beyond has been rubbish, then you have the difficulties that I've heard people having just to renew their season ticket. Nothing seems to go well since he's taken over the club... anniversary watches, missing replica shirts, no training kits for the first team squad when they turned up at pre-season (Carlos ended up ordering some kit from Portugal), etc. Never mind the utter shambles of the playing, coaching and medical staff. Its all pretty rubbish and smacks of a club lacking competence/experience across the board.

7 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

He's completely got his plan wrong regarding getting promotion in two years by throwing money at it. That's going to really cost the club in order to get back on a decent footing.

Regarding views over prices. Again, I think that's business incompetence; I mean, who has he asked about pricing, the season ticket holders or the people that have stopped going or only go occassionally?

The shirt thing is... just... Well crackers. He doesn't have a clue about Sheffield Wednesday or what the stripes mean and ultimately the non-striped shirts have still sold well. Fans should've boycotted them if they truly felt having stripes was a big deal. I did. Haven't gone near buying one.

He's trying to get people through the door for the Bolton game, its been done before by this club and others so I don't see it as taking the p*ss. Personally, I think if we don't turn up he will conclude that pricing isn't a big deal. However, the complete lack of communication by the club regarding this has been shocking. So, another one to be chalked up to general incompetence.

I'm really not happy with Wednesday and specifically Chansiri at the moment, but I draw different conclusions to you as to the root causes.

Yeah I get your points. Don't really know what the answers are, as Chansiri just won't listen.

won't buy the shirt either until we get our stripes back.

Think ultimately we'll end up with what hull have got with allam.

Maybe it's cultural differences, I don't know.

All I do know is that wednesdayites opinions are not valued or listened to by this owner.

2 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

All I do know is that wednesdayites opinions are not valued or listened to by this owner.

I'm not ignoring your other points just drawing this one out... Chansiri, from a cultural perspective, sees himself as the father of this family and he expects obedience. You have to be extremely careful with how you criticise Thai people as a whole because done the wrong way they simply view it as rude, offensive and disloyal. In other words, if you don't make your points in an incredibly polite and diplomatic way then it isn't going to fly.

Now, considering that one of the main character traits you'd associate with people from Sheffield is "blunt honesty" never mind football supporters, does this sound like a good thing to be for the chairman of a football club in Sheffield?

No, I don't think so either.

1 hour ago, Owl Be Back said:

That's your opinion. Another opinion is that by going when its a (relatively) cheap ticket you're showing that you could go more regularly if the ticket prices were brought down for more games.

45 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

I'm not ignoring your other points just drawing this one out... Chansiri, from a cultural perspective, sees himself as the father of this family and he expects obedience. You have to be extremely careful with how you criticise Thai people as a whole because done the wrong way they simply view it as rude, offensive and disloyal. In other words, if you don't make your points in an incredibly polite and diplomatic way then it isn't going to fly.

Now, considering that one of the main character traits you'd associate with people from Sheffield is "blunt honesty" never mind football supporters, does this sound like a good thing to be for the chairman of a football club in Sheffield?

No, I don't think so either.

Very true. Don't think it's going to end well.