Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

27 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

Loving this thread!!! :biggrin:

I really hate people who say, 'I told you so', but on this occasion nothing will give me more pleasure than to say, 'I TOLD YOU SO!'

Best chairman we've ever had. Best football in twenty years. If you want quality football you've got to pay for it. If you can't afford it, don't go. Attending football isn't a right. He's putting his money into the club so you've got to play your part. He's one of us. Most open chairman we've ever had. Yada yada yada fuckinyada.

Well, I hope you're enjoying your chairman, the football and the prices.

Last home game I went to was March 2016. Gave the remainder of my season ticket away to a potger and the Play Off Final ticket to a non season ticket holder.

Let me know when he's gone.

Interesting you stopped going 2 years ago, what was your reason?

37 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

Loving this thread!!! :biggrin:

I really hate people who say, 'I told you so', but on this occasion nothing will give me more pleasure than to say, 'I TOLD YOU SO!'

Best chairman we've ever had. Best football in twenty years. If you want quality football you've got to pay for it. If you can't afford it, don't go. Attending football isn't a right. He's putting his money into the club so you've got to play your part. He's one of us. Most open chairman we've ever had. Yada yada yada fuckinyada.

Well, I hope you're enjoying your chairman, the football and the prices.

Last home game I went to was March 2016. Gave the remainder of my season ticket away to a potger and the Play Off Final ticket to a non season ticket holder.

Let me know when he's gone.

Well I'm glad some owls fans are still enjoying themselves.

Do you honestly think any Owls fan of over any amount of years standing actually believed it was going to be a new era....

Do you honestly think any Owls fan of over any amount of years standing beliewves promises made by ANY chairman of SWFC

I still enjoy going to football at Hillsborough..and whilever I can afford it I will go, the sole reason for me is an affinity with the club and my enjoyment of the whole f.ookin' rigmarole.

When that stops, when the whole thing goes out of me..I won't preach "I told you so.."..I'll simply post.."Don't like it..not doing it"

Did you go when Dave Allen was promising "Prem return tickets".."Europe in 5 years tickets"..."I'll walk if Turner walks"

What on earth is the f.ookin' difference?...If its affordability...yep I can see that, but it obviously isn't because you bought a season ticket in 2016 and gave it away.

By all means revel in the uncertain future the club has now...but hey...You're well out of it aren't you?...

3 hours ago, torres said:

What would you do then?

I'm not defending the club for the sake of it because i think the club is a complete shambles  - but its a two way thing.

Cheap tickets  - for now an important match - what else would you do?

The damage has already been done these last 3 years.

Divide and conquer tactics.

We are down to the hardcore fans now.  Very sad state of affairs.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Captain said:

The damage has already been done these last 3 years.

Divide and conquer tactics.

We are down to the hardcore fans now.  Very sad state of affairs.

Disappoints me.

The loyal fans are the only real ones that lose out

17 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

You couldnt be further from the truth. 

I havent seen the us live since Milan left. Play offs or Wembley.

The ‘buy a season ticket, or suffer’ mantra/business plan is sickening. The treatment of ‘casuals’ has been diobolical.

All for some supposed crackpot business plan - Season Ticket Holders only, wanted and alienate the rest of the fan base.

I saw my first game in 1967 - second game we beat Burnley 7-0 and I was allowed to stand on a seat all the game in the old South Stand.

Its not the same Club I’ve always followed - or the same fans.

My loss? - I’ve lost nothing truth be known.

Ive had the best of Wednesday as a fan - you’re all customers now.

Yet you attended when Dave allen was suing fans?..You attended during all his false promises?

I agree with you about the prices mate....but lets be honest..If it was a moral issue most of us should have packed it in as soon as the first writ hit a Wednesday fans mat.

As for pricing fans out....yep I abhor it...but there are restaurants I can't affor to go to...that maybe you can...I'm not gonna slate you for it...

Your car is bigger than my car.....?...I'm not mithered...I spend my money on Wednesday because its my club, and its been a part of my life since I was a kid...

So don't insult me mate, by a trite "You are all customers now" just because the one Chairman has rattled your cage.

I still see myself as a Wednesday fan..If I was a football "Customer" I'd be 4 miles away at a club thats cheaper and further up the league...Simple common sense eh?

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Disappoints me.

The loyal fans are the only real ones that lose out

Wrong - everyone connected with the club loses out.

And if ST sales are down this summer, the club loses out financially too.  Which could impact on player sales, this summer’s player recruitment and the financial position of the club overall in relation to FFP.

Like you have said many times in this thread, the aggressive pricing strategy that the club has taken has proven to be a total failure.  I fully agree.

Some of us were pointing this out back in 2015.  The ‘I’m Alright Jack’ mentality from certain posters on here was rife at the time.  Turns out that we were right all along.

5 minutes ago, The Captain said:

And if ST sales are down this summer, the club loses out financially too.  Which could impact on player sales, this summer’s player recruitment and the financial position of the club overall in relation to FFP.

Like you have said many times in this thread, the aggressive pricing strategy that the club has taken has proven to be a total failure.  I fully agree.

Some of us were pointing this out back in 2015.  The ‘I’m Alright Jack’ mentality from certain posters on here was rife at the time.  Turns out that we were right all along.

Near enough Captain...But we were not right "All along"...We were happy enough when it was going OK...

Any Wednesday fan knows..its never gonna last forever, what the POTG prices have done is..anger a lot of those fans , alienated them and now its fast looking like we might need them back...Gonna take one helluva sales pitch that......

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

100%

I don't honestly think that the season ticket holders realise just how things are for the non-season ticket holders

I for one certainly do, as this is the first time for around 20 years that I've had a season ticket.  So last season, I was a POTG supporter, although did have a membership.  Even that wasn't particularly good value as the break even point for the membership was 10 matches (or almost a half season ticket)!

The matchday prices really do need a good overhaul, if next season is going to be anything but a big disappointment, support wise.  I can see many current season ticket holders not renewing, which means they will either not go at all, or pick and choose the matches that they do attend.  With POTG prices at current levels, I would expect most will not bother.

Serious re-think required Mr Chansiri!

Some proper dummies been spat out in this thread.

One thing that does my head in is people whinging at games week in week out, if you really don't like going then don't, I don't understand the issue.

Also people with season tickets not going because we're on a bad run is pathetic, rather they stayed away completely than just turning up when we're doing well.

15 minutes ago, The Captain said:

How? Season tickets have continually gone up since Chansiri has been here

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

One thing that does my head in is people whinging at games week in week out, if you really don't like going then don't, I don't understand the issue.

Also people with season tickets not going because we're on a bad run is pathetic, rather they stayed away completely than just turning up when we're doing well.

That's three sentences that ultimately result in you just sounding all angry and bitter about fellow fans having an issue

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Fans have ALWAYS whinged at games...since bloody football started...Its a reason some fans go, release their frustration...They are not simply whingeing at Wednesday..It can be because the f.ookin' Leccy has gone up, the M.O.T is due....thats why a lot of it happens...

Its like when you fight yer brother, ..its a simple release...They choose Hillsborough to do it

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Fans have ALWAYS whinged at games...since bloody football started...Its a reason some fans go, release their frustration...They are not simply whingeing at Wednesday..It can be because the f.ookin' Leccy has gone up, the M.O.T is due....thats why a lot of it happens...

Its like when you fight yer brother, ..its a simple release...They choose Hillsborough to do it

I'm moving seats next season simply due to the bloke behind me doing nothing but flipping whinge all game, it makes going to games depressing at the minute.

37 minutes ago, The Captain said:

All true - but - the casual fan won't mind - they just won't turn up 

The players 100% dont mind, they get paid or sold on

The chairman obviously can't be that bothered as he is doing what he's doing

So the only ones left are the 15-20k that go week in week out  - as usual 

That is why i would LOVE to see a big crowd on saturday - try and persuade DC that his prices are killing the club.

I'm really not having a go at anyone (sorry) i just want as many people there as possible - go on - for old times sake!!!

PLEASE

12 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I'm moving seats next season simply due to the bloke behind me doing nothing but flipping whinge all game, it makes going to games depressing at the minute.

Mate...Ive tried that....Landed lucky for the last few years...good bunch with a similar sense of the tragedy that Wednesday are....

But honestly ..careful what you wish for....

A few seasons ago we moved because a mate was buying a season ticket and there were not 3 seats together ..So we moved over towards the south side of the Kop....

Now..I dunno whether this is peopled by folk who would rather be actually ON the south but can't afford it...but Wednesday were attacking and the ball hit the bar....seconds later an old bloke said

"Would I mind not standing up an' shouting too much"

I replied.."Could you tap me on the shoulder and let me know when to cheer should it happen to go in"..cue frosty silence for the rest of the game.

Until...

He saw me on me mobile and said

"Whats the cricket score, you can get it on Cricinfo"....no please thank you ..f.ook all

I said..."I presumed you thought you were at the f.ookin' cricket!"

Frosty silence....

Gimme a whinger anytime mate...

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, torres said:

All true - but - the casual fan won't mind - they just won't turn up 

The players 100% dont mind, they get paid or sold on

The chairman obviously can't be that bothered as he is doing what he's doing

So the only ones left are the 15-20k that go week in week out  - as usual 

That is why i would LOVE to see a big crowd on saturday - try and persuade DC that his prices are killing the club.

I'm really not having a go at anyone (sorry) i just want as many people there as possible - go on - for old times sake!!!

PLEASE

I hear your frustrations

BUT

You can't force fans to go mate - not for any reason

But as a club you can make it as unmissable as possible through the way you market and push it, and through exploring and exploiting all ways to get through to the casual fans who have switched off for whatever reason

If the fans don't up on Saturday the fans aren't to blame

Owlstalk Shop