Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

1 minute ago, jacksdad said:

Because people get out of the habit. If the prices were reasonable week in week out,  people would go on a more regular basis.

I pay on the gate because I get one weekend off every 5 weeks and live 50 miles away,  if the game I can get to is category a then I'm likely to miss it, but if tickets are reasonably priced consistently then people keep in the habit.

Totally understand and agree.

Work - nothing you can do about it. If i were the same and my week off was £46 (i think it would have been this for Villa for my seat - DISGUSTING) - i would more than think twice.

I would expect this to be the case for maybe 2-3k 

It still leaves a massive shortfall on what we could get this saturday don't you think?

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Again your argument is too idealistic, misses many points, and doesn't grasp the requirements, thoughts and perceptions of the non-season ticket holder

please enlighten me - i mean it.

I would love to know - then i can maybe help - cus i want people there i really do!!

In all fairness if the players can't be ar$3d to show up why should the fans?

I have a season ticket and attended last night but I can fully understand why some fans didn't bother as going to Hillsborough this season has been nothing but a chore.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Your making the mistake of thinking people who haven't been for two years are wetting themselves with excitement cus it's only  £20 satday..well they're not..they probably don't even know it's £20 and more importantly..goin to the match is something they don't do anymore they're out of the habit..got loads er mates who don't go anymore and they won't be goin on satday..they will do the odd away game for the pi5 5 up and that's it..

Bang on.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Your making the mistake of thinking people who haven't been for two years are wetting themselves with excitement cus it's only  £20 satday..well they're not..they probably don't even know it's £20 and more importantly..goin to the match is something they don't do anymore they're out of the habit..got loads er mates who don't go anymore and they won't be goin on satday..they will do the odd away game for the pi5 5 up and that's it..

These people are not really fans though i'd argue.

If you haven't been for 2 years  - then they will only be enticed when they want  - nothing the club can do - and if they want to spend their money on other things  - then all well and good.

These are the target  - they don't care one way or the other.

It's the ones who would love to go but the normal prices are too much - maybe Saturday is the game for them.

The great thing is we'll not go down. That is certain and not OTT optimism. This will give us chance to get things running again for next season. Hopefully our main "injured" players will be back along with some new faces and the deadwood got rid of.

Not sure about the manager, but he has been thrown in at the deep end.

4 minutes ago, torres said:

Totally understand and agree.

Work - nothing you can do about it. If i were the same and my week off was £46 (i think it would have been this for Villa for my seat - DISGUSTING) - i would more than think twice.

I would expect this to be the case for maybe 2-3k 

It still leaves a massive shortfall on what we could get this saturday don't you think?

But it's when you get out of the habit because your often priced out.

I'm getting out of the habit, doesn't bother me like it used to when we lose, because people like me are losing all connection with this football club.

United are going to overtake us in no time, because we're not trying to keep the fans, we're almost trying to keep them away.

Chansiri is going to damage this club for generations. 

5 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

But it's when you get out of the habit because your often priced out.

I'm getting out of the habit, doesn't bother me like it used to when we lose, because people like me are losing all connection with this football club.

United are going to overtake us in no time, because we're not trying to keep the fans, we're almost trying to keep them away.

Chansiri is going to damage this club for generations. 

Sad if true - and yes DC has the pricing policy of an idiot but i kind of think when we do well  - the ''casual fans'' attend - not so well we don't see them for dust.

1 minute ago, torres said:

Sad if true - and yes DC has the pricing policy of an idiot but i kind of think when we do well  - the ''casual fans'' attend - not so well we don't see them for dust.

Exactly why the pricing has to be correct to entice the fans back when we don't do so well..  big rallying call and incentives.

Just now, torres said:

OBVIOUSLY

Football is a very expensive form of 'entertainment'

Up against meals out, home cinema, gaming, holidays, meadowhall, cinema, bowling, theatre, concerts, comedy etc etc

Why would a casual fan rock up currently? Last night for example was thirty three quid EACH to sit at that game, in that atmosphere, watching that match and that result

Then they log onto here to find fans advocating Chansiri's pricing strategy and mocking them for not being seen for dust etc etc

There aren't 50,000 Wednesday fans who are busting a gut to go to every match. The only way that would happen is if we were challenging at the top of the Premiership

For you to sit there even thinking of just dismissing casual fans like this is horrific to me and shows a very basic lack of understanding about the people you're talking about, their motivations for wanting to go to games, how often they want to go to games etc etc

Owlstalk Shop

I'm a pay on the day customer. Can't go Saturdays because of work. If there was a midweek game me and the other half used to love going. But at 42 quid each to go has really put us off, and as stated before we have got out of the habbit. Ifollow stream has probably affected the attendence too.

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Yeah I'd agree to an extent. But a lot of people are finding other things to do because Chansiri and his pricing is getting them out of the habit, doesn't stop them turning up for the big games, but once you start feeling a bit disconnected it takes a bit more to get you interested, like a derby match or playoff game.

The only answer is to price all matches the same, at a reasonable price in my opinion. 

31 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

The great thing is we'll not go down. That is certain and not OTT optimism. This will give us chance to get things running again for next season. Hopefully our main "injured" players will be back along with some new faces and the deadwood got rid of.

Not sure about the manager, but he has been thrown in at the deep end.

What makes you sure we won't go down?

10 games to go and we have to play Hull, Sunderland and Bolton off the top of my head.....Fulham at home and Wolves away !

Don't see where we'll get a win 

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

OBVIOUSLY

Football is a very expensive form of 'entertainment'

Up against meals out, home cinema, gaming, holidays, meadowhall, cinema, bowling, theatre, concerts, comedy etc etc

Why would a casual fan rock up currently? Last night for example was thirty three quid EACH to sit at that game, in that atmosphere, watching that match and that result

Then they log onto here to find fans advocating Chansiri's pricing strategy and mocking them for not being seen for dust etc etc

There aren't 50,000 Wednesday fans who are busting a gut to go to every match. The only way that would happen is if we were challenging at the top of the Premiership

For you to sit there even thinking of just dismissing casual fans like this is horrific to me and shows a very basic lack of understanding about the people you're talking about, their motivations for wanting to go to games, how often they want to go to games etc etc

I want as many there as possible - i presume we all do?

Would you say £20.00 is reasonable for a championship match? (try to forget the last week for a second!) 

Would you say Saturday is an important match in our season?

Would you say if you were a Wednesday supporter you would want to see an important match at a reasonable price?

I would suggest right minded people would say yes to these 3 simple questions.

Therefore surely we should be looking at 30k+

1 minute ago, torres said:

I want as many there as possible - i presume we all do?

Would you say £20.00 is reasonable for a championship match? (try to forget the last week for a second!) 

Would you say Saturday is an important match in our season?

Would you say if you were a Wednesday supporter you would want to see an important match at a reasonable price?

I would suggest right minded people would say yes to these 3 simple questions.

Therefore surely we should be looking at 30k+

Ahhhhh

I see you're just trolling now with repetitive posts and not taking onboard anything said to you

Ok

Will leave you to it

Not gonna waste my time anymore

Owlstalk Shop

Guest The Horse

Things change quickly in football.

Cardiff were down and out until Colin got hold of them and now they're looking like going up.

No-one thought the Blunts would be in the position they are.

Bristol City fans were almost rioting last season.

Start winning again next season and the ST holders are happy, disgruntled fans come back, the place starts rocking again and these threads don't appear.

It's a results based business innit.

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahhhhh

I see you're just trolling now with repetitive posts and not taking onboard anything said to you

Ok

Will leave you to it

Not gonna waste my time anymore

You can not answer the question so you go off on a tangent  - it's a shame really.

I want as many people to attend the games as possible  - not 100% sure what you are wanting