Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

Loving this thread!!! :biggrin:

I really hate people who say, 'I told you so', but on this occasion nothing will give me more pleasure than to say, 'I TOLD YOU SO!'

Best chairman we've ever had. Best football in twenty years. If you want quality football you've got to pay for it. If you can't afford it, don't go. Attending football isn't a right. He's putting his money into the club so you've got to play your part. He's one of us. Most open chairman we've ever had. Yada yada yada fuckinyada.

Well, I hope you're enjoying your chairman, the football and the prices.

Last home game I went to was March 2016. Gave the remainder of my season ticket away to a potger and the Play Off Final ticket to a non season ticket holder.

Let me know when he's gone.

2 minutes ago, torres said:

So when we are not doing well is there any point in discounting tickets as the ones its aimed at  - in your opinion  - won't turn up anyway?

I think that's the tragedy of the situation and it plays into a chairman's hands, if maybe they want to prove, that lowering ticket prices wouldn't improve support/attendance. Which will be the outcome of this as Chansiri likely doesn't know how bad the access/comms is.

3 minutes ago, torres said:

So when we are not doing well is there any point in discounting tickets as the ones its aimed at  - in your opinion  - won't turn up anyway?

This is how I see it

Ticket pricing is for steak, a nice sauce, some lovely roast veg

When the meal is a chip butty and you offer it for half the price of a steak don't expect to automatically expect a queue round the block

Even worse if yourr restaurant doesn't' bother advertising it because they're of the opinion that they're above all that and all they have to do it open the restaurant doors for people to come

What's even worse though is those people who have steak every night mocking the non steak eaters for not wanting to rock up for a chip butty when it's offered up.

Owlstalk Shop

I think he is going to be in trouble regards ST renewals for next season. He has already lost the  POTD walk up due to the disgusting ticket prices ,and i think he is going to lose a few thousand ST holders too. 

5 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

I think that's the tragedy of the situation and it plays into a chairman's hands, if maybe they want to prove, that lowering ticket prices wouldn't improve support/attendance. Which will be the outcome of this as Chansiri likely doesn't know how bad the access/comms is.

I thought the same sadly - surely not though. 

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is how I see it

Ticket pricing is for steak, a nice sauce, some lovely roast veg

When the meal is a chip butty and you offer it for half the price of a steak don't expect to automatically expect a queue round the block

Even worse if yourr restaurant doesn't' bother advertising it because they're of the opinion that they're above all that and all they have to do it open the restaurant doors for people to come

What's even worse though is those people who have steak every night mocking the non steak eaters for not wanting to rock up for a chip butty when it's offered up.

Carlos??? Is that you??

Just now, torres said:

I thought the same sadly - surely not though. 

Don't know mate, but I think so. I think the club is terribly run at the moment. I don't think the Chairman is competent as a businessman if I'm totally honest - I've not seen any evidence of his success other than working for his daddy in the family business(es). This combined with his complete lack of football knowledge means that we're a disaster both on and off the pitch. Sorry if that's brutal and I have no doubt Chansiri is a decent human being but, well sadly, that just isn't good enough on its own.

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

Don't know mate, but I think so. I think the club is terribly run at the moment. I don't think the Chairman is competent as a businessman if I'm totally honest - I've not seen any evidence of his success other than working for his daddy in the family business(es). This combined with his complete lack of football knowledge means that we're a disaster both on and off the pitch. Sorry if that's brutal and I have no doubt Chansiri is a decent human being but, well sadly, that just isn't good enough on its own.

I started wanting to get people to go - now i'm thinking of shredding my season ticket!!!

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

Even more frustrating is that it's the fans steering group meeting on Friday and when ideas like this can be suggested and taken there I for one just can't personally sit in that meeting

If anyone who we can trust to professionally and calmly put across questions and ideas and feedback to us wants to go then let me know

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, torres said:

I started wanting to get people to go - now i'm thinking of shredding my season ticket!!!

The issue isn't even this season mate

It's next season and beyond I'm worried about

This Saturday people wont' turn up no matter what the price simply for the reasons I've already stated.

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Even more frustrating is that it's the fans steering group meeting on Friday and when ideas like this can be suggested and taken there I for one just can't personally sit in that meeting

If anyone who we can trust to professionally and calmly put across questions and ideas and feedback to us wants to go then let me know

I'm a business analyst by trade and so it's part of my role to look at, and improve, things like this. However, I couldn't represent us during such a meeting; I'm not sure many fans could. I'd love to work for Wednesday though with regard to improving their business as a whole - reviewing how they operate and what business improvements could be made would be something I'd relish doing!

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

I'm a business analyst by trade and so it's part of my role to look at, and improve, things like this. However, I couldn't represent us during such a meeting; I'm not sure many fans could. I'd love to work for Wednesday though with regard to improving their business as a whole - reviewing how they operate and what business improvements could be made would be something I'd relish doing!

In all honesty I've found that in all walks of life if you're a massive fan of something never ever do anything other than just turn up to the match/gig/event and leave it at that

Anything else can only destroy your love for it

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's next season and beyond I'm worried about.

That 'podcast' you posted in a thread, follow up to a previous one about FFP, with those three chaps was excellent and really alluded to this. Those things need collecting up and putting in one thread for reference.

2 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

That 'podcast' you posted in a thread, follow up to a previous one about FFP, with those three chaps was excellent and really alluded to this. Those things need collecting up and putting in one thread for reference.

@torres have you heard these FFP podcasts?

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's next season and beyond I'm worried about

This Saturday people wont' turn up no matter what the price simply for the reasons I've already stated.

I hope to god you are wrong 

The fans are the only thing the club has at the minute 

1 minute ago, torres said:

I hope to god you are wrong 

The fans are the only thing the club has at the minute 

Absolutely

That's why it's key to get the basics right in terms of messages going out about £20 games to at least pull in those fans it's possible to pull into the game.

Owlstalk Shop