Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Well looks like last two posts on here are showing it's not working

8 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Not had any email.. and i'm one the mailing.

Can't say i've seen it on social media.. but to me it should be pushed everyday morning and afternoon so it gets across.

Just scrolled through the official twitter feed and facebook site and can't see anything showing tickets prices for the bolton Game

10 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

I genuinely missed it at the match if it was announced so much; don't know how that was possible but I was pretty eff'd off with the game so may just have not been listening.

Yeah, not had an email, which is the one I'd have expected to get and there's nothing in spam, just checked. I have had emails in the past though so not sure what has happened there. Perhaps I've just missed it; I don't recall seeing one.

How would you do it better?

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

Agreed; website shows next home game as Preston regarding ticket information, can't find anything on front/splash pages about the Bolton match. Only when I navigate further into the site, going to purchase actual tickets at the shop do I then see the Bolton match. Still doesn't advertise that they are £20. So, as a "casual supporter" I wouldn't go any further. That price has done nothing to draw me in because it hasn't been communicated effectively by the club.

Really? wow that is shockingly bad!!!

The club really is a shambles 

12 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Not had any email.. and i'm one the mailing.

Can't say i've seen it on social media.. but to me it should be pushed everyday morning and afternoon so it gets across.

Just scrolled through the official twitter feed and facebook site and can't see anything showing tickets prices for the bolton Game

Maybe its just season ticket holders that get the POTG price e mails!!! - with this club i would not be surprised 

1 minute ago, torres said:

Maybe its just season ticket holders that get the POTG price e mails!!! - with this club i would not be surprised 

See what I mean?

It's not as simple as you've been making out that we should just expect 30,000 to rock up on Saturday

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

If you stopped trolling for a second and looked at what's going on you'd see my point of view

sometimes i don't have the faintest clue what you are waffling on about 

the other 2 have got back in normal fashion and spoken complete sense - you are like a big kid - who is not the brightest 

Just now, torres said:

sometimes i don't have the faintest clue what you are waffling on about 

the other 2 have got back in normal fashion and spoken complete sense - you are like a big kid - who is not the brightest 

Despite proving you wrong over and over again in this thread

Owlstalk Shop

Chill out gents, no need to get riled with each other. :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, torres said:

How would you do it better?

Well the mailing/email list appears to not be working completely so I'd sort that out. In addition I'd make sure the next home game, with ticket prices, was front and centre on the splash screen of swfc.co.uk with a hot link to the ticket login and page so you could see it and get to it far easier.

Those two would be my "quick wins".

Beyond that you could look at putting a sticky post on twitter with a link to tickets and same on other social media (don't use Facebook so can't comment as to what that's like). Get some advertising on Owlstalk as well, perhaps, as well as other Wednesday related sites.

Edited by Owl Be Back

Not arguing with you Torres.  You have the best interests at heart.

The club just need to do a hell of a lot more..

Why the club don't use owlstalk to advertise is a strange one..  just look at the membership and amount who are online..  then this knowledge gets passed around.

Casual fans have stopped looking at going to games now given this season, the league position, the quality of football, and what the fans who are going are saying about it.

The perception of football at SWFC is it's extortionate and fans can't afford to go so stop even looking and checking ticket prices because the perception has killed the curiousity

They just hear how shocking everything is and go about their lives

They don't check the official website - I'd say that's true of many more regular fans too

The mailing list isn't going to the right people

The adverts on social media tend to get posted once so if you miss it you're never going to see it

Season ticket holders are stopping turning up, fans are walking out early, fans are calling casual fans all kinds of names and attacking them.

Yet somehow 30,000 people are supposed to rock up on Saturday just to prove Chansiri (The chairman who's overseen all of the above) wrong about ticket prices?

By buying a ticket for a substandard product in miserable times, in crappy weather, amongst booooing fans slating our own players

Why would they bother? 

Answer is they won't. They'll just do something else instead.

And yet Torres think's I'm the mad one

I ask ya...

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Casual fans have stopped looking

They don't check the official website - I'd say that's true of many more regular fans too

The adverts on social media tend to get posted once so if you miss it you're never going to see it

Season ticket holders are stopping turning up, fans are walking out early, fans are calling casual fans all kinds of names and attacking them.

Yet somehow 30,000 people are supposed to rock up on Saturday just to prove Chansiri (The chairman who's overseen all of the above) wrong about ticket prices?

Buy buying a ticket for a substandard product in miserable times, in crappy weather, amongst booooing fans slating our own players

I wouldn't disagree with any of that.

3 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Not arguing with you Torres.  You have the best interests at heart.

The club just need to do a hell of a lot more..

Why the club don't use owlstalk to advertise is a strange one..  just look at the membership and amount who are online..  then this knowledge gets passed around.

5 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Chill out gents, no need to get riled with each other. :rolleyes:

Well the mailing/email list appears to not be working completely so I'd sort that out. In addition I'd make sure the next home game, with ticket prices, was front and centre on the splash screen of swfc.co.uk with a hot link to the ticket login and page so you could see it and get to it far easier.

Those two would be my "quick wins".

Beyond that you could look at putting a sticky post on twitter with a link to tickets and same on other social media (don't use Facebook so can't comment as to what that's like). Get some advertising on Owlstalk as well, perhaps, as well as other Wednesday related sites.

I'm not arguing chaps  - i think its a good discussion 

Just now, torres said:

I'm not arguing chaps  - i think its a good discussion

I agree. We can all get a little 'lost' in our own opinions and experiences, though. And contrary experience can both be valid at the same time as well. I think what this is really demonstrating, at least to me, is that if you're a commited/regular supporter in attendance then you're okay but those who have lapsed have no easy route back in as the club isn't proactive in its engagement with those fans and it's website(s) appear to make assumptions regarding availability of information that don't work for the casual or lapsed supporter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owl Be Back said:

I agree. We can all get a little 'lost' in our own opinions and experiences, though. And contrary experience can both be valid at the same time as well. I think what this is really demonstrating, at least to me, is that if you're a commited/regular supporter in attendance then you're okay but those who have lapsed have no easy route back in as the club isn't proactive in its engagement with those fans and it's website(s) appear to make assumptions regarding availability of information that don't work for the casual or lapsed supporter.

100%

I don't honestly think that the season ticket holders realise just how things are for the non-season ticket holders

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Casual fans have stopped looking at going to games now given this season, the league position, the quality of football, and what the fans who are going are saying about it.

The perception of football at SWFC is it's extortionate and fans can't afford to go so stop even looking and checking ticket prices because the perception has killed the curiousity

By buying a ticket for a substandard product in miserable times, in crappy weather, amongst booooing fans slating our own players

Why would they bother? 

Answer is they won't. They'll just do something else instead.

And yet Torres think's I'm the mad one

I ask ya...

So when we are not doing well is there any point in discounting tickets as the ones its aimed at  - in your opinion  - won't turn up anyway?