Tonight's Attendance - Season Ticket Holders are stopping going

12 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I aint going on saturday even tho i have a ST . I have another year left on a 3 year one ,but im just going to let that run out . The club arnt having another penny off me until there is a complete rethink and sensible pricing is returned. 

The daft thing is mate, by not going, the club wins twice. You've already shelled out & your attendance is still counted. What do you gain by staying away? Apart from not having to watch us flounder that is.

I can't resist going not only to make some noise, good or bad, but there's a strange fascination about how bad we can play lately. I thought we'd bottomed out against Burton, until Brum turned up, and I can see more of the same on Satdy.

And if we actually perform, like against Derby, it's twice as pleasing! I know it's personal choice, but the powers that be don't give a flyer whether I'm there in person or not. I just want to be. Just in case I miss summat. I can always form a proper opinion on the team / match after too. Having seen it. Unlike a lot of people.

It's not clapping. It's supporting. It's a bad habit. Otherwise, why buy an ST & literally give your money away?

:luhukay:

6 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

The daft thing is mate, by not going, the club wins twice. You've already shelled out & your attendance is still counted. What do you gain by staying away? Apart from not having to watch us flounder that is.

I can't resist going not only to make some noise, good or bad, but there's a strange fascination about how bad we can play lately. I thought we'd bottomed out against Burton, until Brum turned up, and I can see more of the same on Satdy.

And if we actually perform, like against Derby, it's twice as pleasing! I know it's personal choice, but the powers that be don't give a flyer whether I'm there in person or not. I just want to be. Just in case I miss summat. I can always form a proper opinion on the team / match after too. Having seen it. Unlike a lot of people.

It's not clapping. It's supporting. It's a bad habit. Otherwise, why buy an ST & literally give your money away?

:luhukay:

Ive had a ST for over 30 years mate , and ive still another year to go on my three year ST ,but my anger is aimed at those behind the scenes . Yeah , the team are crap , but i can accept that ,as ive seen plenty of rubbish on the pitch since i started going in the early 70`s , But its what and who are behind the scenes , , people who have their grubby hands in the club that concern me more, and are the reason behind me saying im not going, If my ST ran out this summer , i woulnd not renew because the club are not having another penny off me until the hangers on are removed from the club.  

9 minutes ago, torres said:

I have not attacked Wednesday fans one bit in this thread - i could not praise enough the people who attend on a regular basis.

The ones, who would associate themselves with the club -  but are not going  because it's too much, too boring, too cold, too wet, wrong manager, wrong team - all well within their rights of course -  are the people i'm asking to turn up just once.

These will be the same set of people that say they are ''fans and not customers'' but do exactly what customers do and nothing like a supporter.

I don't wish to go over old ground - but personally i think £20.00 for an important game (and if anyone doesn't think it's important  - then they are simply wrong) is a good chance to prove a point as FANS to say when the price is reasonable we will attend.

Yes there are other factors involved of course they are - but you have to win a few battles to win the war.

IF they want the club run in the correct way - i firmly believe the first opportunity as a fan is to put the effort in on Saturday and get our club back.

If not - i'm not sure how they expect anything to change 

If the fans who can't afford the expensive tickets turn up for the cheap game.

Are we not dancing to Chansiri's tune and showing that his pricing structure works.

If Chansiri wants people through the gates he needs to offer reasonable prices consistently. 

At the moment it's like he's throwing crumbs to poor.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Ive had a ST for over 30 years mate , and ive still another year to go on my three year ST ,but my anger is aimed at those behind the scenes . Yeah , the team are crap , but i can accept that ,as ive seen plenty of rubbish on the pitch since i started going in the early 70`s , But its what and who are behind the scenes , , people who have their grubby hands in the club that concern me more, and are the reason behind me saying im not going, If my ST ran out this summer , i woulnd not renew because the club are not having another penny off me until the hangers on are removed from the club.  

Fair enough. How do you know when this has happened though mate? Because I've got no idea wtf is going on behind the scenes and / or who is involved. It's like going to a pantomime ( pun intended ) Everything goes on backstage & you don't see anything, or know anybody, all your really interested in is what happens on stage. If that's entertaining, or fascinating, or even dire, you still watch it. You've parted with your hard earned so you stick with it. How many hours work did you have to do to pay for that 3rd year on your ST?

Just to throw it down the pan in a protest only you really knows about? DC won't be affected in the slightest.

3 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

Are we not dancing to Chansiri's tune and showing that his pricing structure works.

If Chansiri wants people through the gates he needs to offer reasonable prices consistently. 

At the moment it's like he's throwing crumbs to poor.

I would say the total opposite

18 hours ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

Loving this thread!!! :biggrin:

I really hate people who say, 'I told you so', but on this occasion nothing will give me more pleasure than to say, 'I TOLD YOU SO!'

Best chairman we've ever had. Best football in twenty years. If you want quality football you've got to pay for it. If you can't afford it, don't go. Attending football isn't a right. He's putting his money into the club so you've got to play your part. He's one of us. Most open chairman we've ever had. Yada yada yada fuckinyada.

Well, I hope you're enjoying your chairman, the football and the prices.

Last home game I went to was March 2016. Gave the remainder of my season ticket away to a potger and the Play Off Final ticket to a non season ticket holder.

Let me know when he's gone.

So let's get this straight - you were a season ticket holder but suddenly stopped going in March 2016, when after years of being on our financial arses somebody actually put some money in to buy players that we could only dream of watching only a year earlier, were playing the most entertaining football in 20 years and heading for our most successful season since the PL (and wearing stripes!!). But as a result ticket prices went up. God you must have hated that and were pining for the days of watching Olsen and Beswetherick for £23 a game, and must have been livid that we had Forestieri instead of Taylor-Fletcher.

And after finishing even higher last season, now that we've had a bad year you're "loving it" and are taking pleasure in saying to other fans "I told you so"? 

Reyt "Wednesdayite".

I can fully understand fans staying away right now, but stopping going in March 2016 smacks of attention seeking martyrdom.

1 minute ago, torres said:

I would say the total opposite

I don't agree.

Chansiri makes it possible for certain fans to support their club only when he says so, by throwing the crumbs of a ticket offer.

By supporting his offer we are demonstrating that his sliding scale pricing will keep attendances up when the game is less glamourous/we are playing crap.

I turn up when I can and the opposition isn't important as I come to watch Wednesday, but why should I get priced out when it's the derby/1st game of the season/we're doing well.

By supporting his offer you're demonstrating his pricing structure works.

I know your hearts in the right place, but we need to fight against this, not support it.

I don't agree.

Chansiri makes it possible for certain fans to support their club only when he says so, by throwing the crumbs of a ticket offer.

By supporting his offer we are demonstrating that his sliding scale pricing will keep attendances up when the game is less glamourous/we are playing crap.

I turn up when I can and the opposition isn't important as I come to watch Wednesday, but why should I get priced out when it's the derby/1st game of the season/we're doing well.

I know your hearts in the right place, but we need to fight against this, not support it.

100%

Owlstalk Shop

I don't agree.

The thing is - if people don't go when its expensive (fair enough) and people don't go when its much cheaper - when are they going to go?

It seems only when we are winning to me.

So - DC is simply going to say whats the point - we will milk the loyal fans as always and then when we are winning the others will turn up and we will milk them for even more too.

24 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

Yes

Of course that's the case

Get everyone on season tickets, put the prices as high as poss on POTG, then throw the odd crap game a discount offer to bump up the gate on that

WIN WIN for Chansiri

As a business plan it's pretty genius

As it prices out many people, leads to a divide and conquer of the fans it's perfect, getting a new breed of uberfan to be your ticket pricing mouthpiece it's bang on, and when it all goes to plan on the pitch it's sublime. 

When your first team goes missing, your 150th Anniversary Year highlight is Cakeball, and when you have to fire a manager who got NO SHOTS ON GOAL in November and who's team ended up all crippled and disappeared then it's not the best strategy and leaves those still trying to advocate the ticket pricing by saying the fans who are priced out should rock up to a bottom of the league game in miserable circumstances looking really very silly indeed.

Having thought about it I don't understand's Torres' logic for wanting to go to the steering group either as it appears he just wants Mr Chansiri to reiterate how great the pricing is to him.

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, torres said:

The thing is - if people don't go when its expensive (fair enough) and people don't go when its much cheaper - when are they going to go?

It seems only when we are winning to me.

So - DC is simply going to say whats the point - we will milk the loyal fans as always and then when we are winning the others will turn up and we will milk them for even more too.

Ok put it this way

If the Rolling Stones, Beatles and Elvis all came back to life and put on a run of shows at Sheffield Arena for £1000 a ticket you'd go but the average joe might not be able to afford to

If during that run of shows one of the nights had the Cheeky Girls, Peters and Lee, and Bobby Crush playing instead but it was only £100 and you could afford to go  - would you?

(or if you prefer the Stones, Beatles and Elvis were on the lineup but had all new band members, played out of tune, and didnt' play any of the songs you knew)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Ok put it this way

If the Rolling Stones, Beatles and Elvis all came back to life and put on a run of shows at Sheffield Arena for £1000 a ticket you'd go but the average joe might not be able to afford to

If during that run of shows one of the nights had the Cheeky Girls, Peters and Lee, and Bobby Crush playing but it was only £500 and you could afford to go  - would you?

EXACTLY!!!

Wednesday is Elvis etc

United are the cheeky girls

It's £1000.00 to watch elvis(Wednesday) one day and £20.00 to watch Elvis (wednesday) another day

If you want to watch Elvis and you can't afford the first one SURELY you would go to the second one if you can afford it.

You go and watch your team don't you?

Just now, torres said:

EXACTLY!!!

Wednesday is Elvis etc

It's £1000.00 to watch elvis(Wednesday) one day and £20.00 to watch Elvis (wednesday) another day

If you want to watch Elvis and you can't afford the first one SURELY you would go to the second one if you can afford it.

The thing is mate

I don't think this thread is for you

I genuinely don't

I don't do this often or get over critical of others but in this case I'm suggesting this thread isn't for you

You're 100% convinced the pricing is right
You're unwilling to listen
You're ignoring the fact that even season ticket holders are now staying away (there's reams of evidence in this very thread)
You're just here to keep reiterating that Chanrisi has got it right

In my humble opinion you're a great poster, you usually talk sense, but on this occasion you're totally snowblind, have made your mind up that it's the fans fault that they're not turning up, and so any discussion with you on this subject alone is pointless

Owlstalk Shop

58 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

I know where you are coming from with this.

Would much rather watch a winning side but do find it entertaining watching some people go Ape Shiit when things are going badly. I really hope the bloke behind me the other night gets his blood pressure checked out.

• Haha 1

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I know where you are coming from with this.

Would much rather watch a winning side but do find it entertaining watching some people go Ape Shiit when things are going badly. I really hope the bloke behind me the other night gets his blood pressure checked out.

Sometimes they're more entertaining than watching the match

Some of the fans going mentalist are fascinating viewing

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing is mate

I don't think this thread is for you

I genuinely don't

I don't do this often or get over critical of others but in this case I'm suggesting this thread isn't for you

You're 100% convinced the pricing is right
You're unwilling to listen
You're ignoring the fact that even season ticket holders are now staying away (there's reams of evidence in this very thread)
You're just here to keep reiterating that Chanrisi has got it right

In my humble opinion you're a great poster, you usually talk sense, but on this occasion you're totally snowblind, have made your mind up that it's the fans fault that they're not turning up, and so any discussion with you on this subject alone is pointless

The total opposite pal  -  honestly - He has got pricing so wrong its untrue.

(season ticket holders staying away is nothing to do with price though)

I'll pack up though 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

EXACTLY!!!

Wednesday is Elvis etc

Your just not getting it.

People being priced out don't want to just be able to support their club only when the chairman says they can afford it. 

People want to support their club when ever they can and pay the same reasonable price week in week out.

If I can only afford to come when the club needs me, and when the club's flying high and doesn't need me, they discard my loyalty. 

How's that fair.

27 minutes ago, jacksdad said:

That's your opinion. Another opinion is that by going when its a (relatively) cheap ticket you're showing that you could go more regularly if the ticket prices were brought down for more games.

3 minutes ago, torres said:

season ticket holders staying away is nothing to do with price though)

That's correct it totally isn't

They've got a fantastic deal

It's the quality on the pitch and all the surrounding toxicity of the stuff behind the scenes

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Owl Be Back said:

That's your opinion. Another opinion is that by going when its a (relatively) cheap ticket you're showing that you could go more regularly if the ticket prices were brought down for more games.

Do you honestly think that will happen.

Has the chairman demonstrated any loyalty towards our fans.

Chansiri is playing this club's fans like a fiddle.

A fair few are opening their eyes to it. Some are still sleepwalking.

• Like 1