Bristol City match is ON

Does a club, or the police for that matter, have any legal duty of care to the fans being able to attend the match safely? Incuding the away contingent that its sold tickets to?

There usually has to be some form of risk assessment undertaken in these circumstances. 

Seems incredible that BCFC have assessed this as safe?

1 hour ago, Markowski77 said:

Someones got to take responsibility for keeping the game on..been the leader of

your football club I was guessing it’s him, could well be wrong. 

Everyone knows if wednesday had a full strength team potentially travelling down it would have already been called off

Steve Lansdown is the owner, he employs a CEO to run the football club, a chap called Mark Ashton. SL wouldn't have anything to do with the decision.

10 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Steve Lansdown is the owner, he employs a CEO to run the football club, a chap called Mark Ashton. SL wouldn't have anything to do with the decision.

Its his club, if he had any sense he would call it off.

Standing behind a CEO and washing his hands of it, makes him look worse.

Quite frankly putting people at risk is and idiotic choice, just because you think you have a better chance of three points.

Just now, Maddogbob said:

Its his club, if he had any sense he would call it off.

Standing behind a CEO and washing his hands of it, makes him look worse.

Quite frankly putting people at risk is and idiotic choice, just because you think you have a better chance of three points.

FWIW, I agree it should be called off to allow you to avoid travelling. I don't think SL would have had anything to do with the status quo though as he employs others to do that. SL is the owner of Bristol sport and has little to no envolvement in the day to day operation, he just signs the cheques and enjoys the adulation.

1 minute ago, ciderup said:

FWIW, I agree it should be called off to allow you to avoid travelling. I don't think SL would have had anything to do with the status quo though as he employs others to do that. SL is the owner of Bristol sport and has little to no envolvement in the day to day operation, he just signs the cheques and enjoys the adulation.

However he picks the phone up and things happen right.

Just as culpable.

4 minutes ago, ciderup said:

What's the weather like down there currently?

4 hours ago, steelowl said:

shoot me if i heard some guy on the radio wrong but he implied travelling against police advice in a red warning could negate your insurance 

as I said I heard this no idea if correct but i wanted to travel i'd check that out quick smart 

That is complete and utter garbage.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

However he picks the phone up and things happen right.

Just as culpable.

As the owner, I guess it does but he literally doesn't have anything to do with it, he doesn't even live in Bristol any more.

2 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

That is complete and utter garbage.

Yup. There was a news story going around facebook with clickbait.  But if you read the actual story it was total garbage as said. 

People need to read more than just the headline. 

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

As the owner, I guess it does but he literally doesn't have anything to do with it, he doesn't even live in Bristol any more.

No worries just making the point he could stop it if he wanted.

7 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Yup. There was a news story going around facebook with clickbait.  But if you read the actual story it was total garbage as said. 

People need to read more than just the headline. 

That's why clickbait works. If everybody just ignored the headlines and didn't bother with the articles it would cease. lol

5 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Just tweeting SWFC/BCFC & Local plod as surely if police say its not safe to travel we are entitled to a refund?

For Brizzle to say the game is on when their local plod are saying do not travel is downright stupid and bordering on dangerous.