Bristol City match is ON

21 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

Taken from the Bristol Forum:

Hi there

We are working closely with the police who are not advising to call the match off. Sheffield Wednesday travelled down by bus yesterday and the referee has come down from Sunderland. 

The Stadium teams have been working hard to make the stadium safe for fans who arrive for the match but I do appreciate it's difficult for fans further afield though. 

I think it's already on the forum but in case anyone has missed it First Bus have confirmed that AG1 AG2 and AG4 are all operating today as are public bus services.

Matt

Appears to be a club official according to the forum.

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/193326-weather-merged/&page=20

I've tweeted him along with Avon and Somerset police asking whose lying about the situation then.

Unless I've mistaken football as essential travel.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

I think the police have given their advice and been ignored 

Bristol City are desperate for the three points

The referee and FA are the ones to shout at now I think - it's only the referee who can call this off now

The ref can only judge a postponement by the pitch, which is fine.

Plus if he's apparently travelled from Sunderland yesterday I imagine he'd rather get it played than go all that way for nothing.

Was on 07:56, probably about 30 of us. Arrived in Brum to be told our alternative route of Snow Hill station to Worcester to Bristol has now also been cancelled. Currently on the 9:33 to Reading to pick up the London to Bristol. ETA 13:15 ......... return journey anyone’s guess!

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Was on 07:56, probably about 30 of us. Arrived in Brum to be told our alternative route of Snow Hill station to Worcester to Bristol has now also been cancelled. Currently on the 9:33 to Reading to pick up the London to Bristol. ETA 13:15 ......... return journey anyone’s guess!

Good luck mate!

The whole thing is bonkers innit

Owlstalk Shop

tbh This situation is a farce we have bristol people saying it's ok and others in the same place saying they couldnt get there

we have police saying don't travel  yet bristol police saying it's on 

the situation is obvious to anyone   we would prefer it off,  they desperately want it on for an easy 3 points 

The ref can only judge the pitch,  the police supporter safety - there needs to be an independent league panel that can decide the status of the game that considers away fans travelling time and make the call before then 

9 minutes ago, alanharper said:

The ref can only judge a postponement by the pitch, which is fine.

Plus if he's apparently travelled from Sunderland yesterday I imagine he'd rather get it played than go all that way for nothing.

I'm sure he'll still be payed !

9 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Good luck pal 

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think the police have given their advice and been ignored

Where have the police advised the game be called off?

If they did advise that then the game would be off!