Bristol City match is ON

Owls supporters are advised of the following statement issued by Bristol City at Midday today.

City’s Sky Bet Championship match with Sheffield Wednesday will go ahead as planned (3pm kick-off).

Following a deluge of snow across the South West, stadium staff have been working tirelessly to clear the car parks, seating deck and surrounding areas. 

The Ashton Gate pitch has undersoil heating, ensuring it will be fit for tomorrow’s game.

Avon & Somerset Police are happy with the roads leading to the stadium, with the M4, M5, A4 Portway, A369 and A370 all open.

Opponents Sheffield Wednesday will be travelling down to Bristol today to ensure they are in position to fulfil the fixture.

The club advises supporters to allow extra time to travel, noting that some smaller roads close to the stadium are difficult to access by car, so would advise fans to park further away and walk the final part.

Alternatively, where possible, fans should utilise public transport, with local buses to re-open their services this afternoon.

Fans attending the game are urged to plan ahead, wrapping up warm in the icy temperatures. Due to supply challenges, food and drink stocks will also be limited from the concourse concessions.

Tickets for the match will be available on the day for home supporters only, with the matchday ticket office open from 10am.

Hi Owls, City fan here for my bi-annual visit, I hope you're all well.

It's snowing again down here so I would keep an eye out for news.

We don't get a lot of these conditions so the whole city is at a halt at the mo. While the pitch and stadium will be clear, the surrounding areas are a total 'no go' zone so I can see the local constabulary overruling the club on this. Even the local buses aren't currently running.

If it is on and you decide to travel down, the road conditions off any main routes are horrid currently so please take every precaution you can. 

Whereas you good folk further north get this type of weather regularly, we don't hence we're just not prepared for it. 

• Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

That’s Put dampeners on a bit was 100% travelling down , don’t suppose there’s park and ride ? 

City are advising using public transport, which ironically, has all been stopped at the moment.

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

I find this utterly disgusting to be honest.

I wonder if Bristol City would be so eager to get the game on if we wasn’t so short of players. 

We’re short of players as well.

2 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Is it just the club who have confirmed the game is on 

or have the police said everything is fine

im baffled how it’s on, watching the news now and it’s advising against all but essential travel

I think it's the club Mark, after checking local main routes. 

As I said it's currently snowing again down here, the buses aren't running so we can't use public transport, we've been advised not to use our cars and I've just tried to get my car out and couldn't get out of my road.

I just can't see it being on as even the home supporters can't currently get there! 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

That’s Put dampeners on a bit was 100% travelling down , don’t suppose there’s park and ride ? 

There are P and R services for all games but they're not currently running at all.

Just now, ciderup said:

As I said it's currently snowing again down here, the buses aren't running so we can't use public transport, we've been advised not to use our cars and I've just tried to get my car out and couldn't get out of my road.

I just can't see it being on as even the home supporters can't currently get there! 

Cheers appreciate the update! 

Hopefully everyone will see sense soon, and save a lot of people travel time 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Buses off - that makes it even more bonkers that it's going ahead

There's no thaw expected in the next 24 hours is there?

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Yes, the number of injured players grows by the week.

yep but according to that teacake lawrenson how many would get in the team?  (and he was trying to be serious ) feckin idiot 

• Haha 1

Strange that A S police say they are happy with road conditions but the Bristol lads say it’s chaos. It looks to me that A S police are out of the same mould as S Y police. I know who I believe and it’s not A S police. They probably say at 9-00 it’s not fit to travel. Thanks for the updates Bristol lads. 

• Like 1

Oh my. now how can the match at the sty be off but this Is on! No public transport! It's obvious bcfc want to take advantage of our injury crisis. Like today's society no respect for eldersWTF: hope our B side does one over them. Be ashamed BCFC.

Edited by Guest