Bristol City match is ON

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

This is reyt dodgy....needs some balls but tell em we ain't coming, cos the Met Office says don't travel. They have a duty for safety of fans as well as the team.

Who is responsible for the decision, the ref or BC?

Surely has to be BC. Loads of other games have been called off already in seemingly lesser conditions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

This is reyt dodgy....needs some balls but tell em we ain't coming, cos the Met Office says don't travel. They have a duty for safety of fans as well as the team.

Pretty sure if we did that we could get charged with failing to fulfil a fixture, points deducted etc. 

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Pretty sure if we did that we could get charged with failing to fulfil a fixture, points deducted etc. 

Then that would be a another example to prove how the FA and FL aren’t fit for purpose.

17 minutes ago, steelowl said:

shoot me if i heard some guy on the radio wrong but he implied travelling against police advice in a red warning could negate your insurance 

as I said I heard this no idea if correct but i wanted to travel i'd check that out quick smart 

I work in that area (insurance) and it's not true.

Imagine your car is parked up in a red warning area and heavy ice falls on the car roof and damages it. No insurance because you are in a red area? No way.

The only chance an insurer would have to partially negate your claim is to prove contributory negligence, which would mean you've done something really stupid to help cause the accident. Even if the insurer was successful, which is unlikely, they would still have to deal with any 3rd party claim.

Imagine Aviva turning down all claims in a red warning area, we'ed all be queuing up to take out their policies wouldn't we.

The only way the insurer would stand a chance is a state of national emergency where it was mandatory not to take a car on the road. I don't remember the last time that happened.

Remember the riots circa 2010? It was declared civil disobedience, which in a car insurance policy does not cover you for damage to your car. All insurers paid out for damage to cars during that time. It's not worth ther reputation not to.

The stuff in the press about your insurance being invalid is lazy journalism at best (scaremongering)

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

At the very least they should state that any unused tickets for tomorrows game will be refunded.

I'm just waiting to get son over from Manchester tonight ready for morning and seriously considering not bothering but he's madder for it than me even though we both said Tuesday "What the hell are we doing".

me and my 5 year old are in same boat.

Just now, Dronfield Blue said:

I work in that area (insurance) and it's not true.

Imagine your car is parked up in a red warning area and heavy ice falls on the car roof and damages it. No insurance because you are in a red area? No way.

The only chance an insurer would have to partially negate your claim is to prove contributory negligence, which would mean you've done something really stupid to help cause the accident. Even if the insurer was successful, which is unlikely, they would still have to deal with any 3rd party claim.

Imagine Aviva turning down all claims in a red warning area, we'ed all be queuing up to take out their policies wouldn't we.

The only way the insurer would stand a chance is a state of national emergency where it was mandatory not to take a car on the road. I don't remember the last time that happened.

Remember the riots circa 2010? It was declared civil disobedience, which in a car insurance policy does not cover you for damage to your car. All insurers paid out for damage to cars during that time. It's not worth ther reputation not to.

The stuff in the press about your insurance being invalid is lazy journalism at best (scaremongering)

glad to hear it 

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Then that would be a another example to prove how the FA and FL aren’t fit for purpose.

My thoughts exactly, like i said it would take some balls...good case i would think, ignoring police advice, ignoring met office advice.

I'm sure BC would argue the pitch is playable, however they have duty of care for supporters....think sag

You can bet if we were flying with a full squad to pick from and Bristol could do with a bit of time to get some injuries to clear up it would already be off.

It just smacks off we've got to play them now while their better players are out because they may be stronger in a few weeks time 

8 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I'd have thought the ref's remit would only be to ensure that the pitch is playable, which we already know it is due to undersoil heating. That's not the issue here.

The decision on whether the game is safe for spectators to travel to and attend would lie with BC, the police and possibly the local council.

Met office says it has yellow weather warning for Ice in Bristol tomorrow and with the winds it will feel like -8C. Sounds terrible. Not sure how they can watch what is happening on the roads and in good conscious put the game on. A joke.

https://news.sky.com/story/deadly-storm-emma-threatens-blizzards-and-snow-drifts-11272528

Just now, Jos’s Tache said:

I’m watching the news at the moment. Seems very odd that this hasn’t been called off. I don’t think I’m going to travel even though I expect I’ll lose my money on ticket and travel.

Keep an eye on the train timetables - if the train you were booked on is cancelled then you'd still get a refund. Or if it's more than 15 minutes late you could get some compo back.  (That's if you are going by train, you didn't actually say!)

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Met office says it has yellow weather warning for Ice in Bristol tomorrow and with the winds it will feel like -8C. Sounds terrible. Not sure how they can watch what is happening on the roads and in good conscious put the game on. A joke.

https://news.sky.com/story/deadly-storm-emma-threatens-blizzards-and-snow-drifts-11272528

If it goes ahead I hope we win 1-0 and Lee Johnson gets frostbite in his squeaky voicebox.

• Haha 3