Bristol City match is ON

12 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

I hope the fa will be looking into this..far too early to call it off..especially with burton only an hour away..gruntbags cheating again

Big time , it has been called off due to adverse travelling conditions apparently , there’s us worrying over Bristol where it’s actually snowing !!! 

At the very least they should state that any unused tickets for tomorrows game will be refunded.

I'm just waiting to get son over from Manchester tonight ready for morning and seriously considering not bothering but he's madder for it than me even though we both said Tuesday "What the hell are we doing".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

And here in sunny Sheffield....free flowing traffic....ever improving conditions.....match v Burton called off yesterday ??????????????????????

It's forecast to snow through the night although might not be heavy. The weather forecasts have been very hit and miss though so god knows what we'll wake up to. 

game should be called off, clearly advising fans to travel all the way to Bristol to an area that is near a red weather warning for tomorrow is just stupid. It's only a game that can be played on 13th March at 7:45. get it called off.

19 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Big time , it has been called off due to adverse travelling conditions apparently , there’s us worrying over Bristol where it’s actually snowing !!! 

It's called off on safety ground because they know that with the extra weight of snow on the roofs, the stands could collapse 

Proof as if it were needed that football  clubs don't give a throw about supporters. 

I live about 30 minutes from Bristol and would not contemplate making that journey. Good luck and a safe journey to all wednesdayites travelling today/tomorrow.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

game should be called off, clearly advising fans to travel all the way to Bristol to an area that is near a red weather warning for tomorrow is just stupid. It's only a game that can be played on 13th March at 7:45. get it called off.

shoot me if i heard some guy on the radio wrong but he implied travelling against police advice in a red warning could negate your insurance 

as I said I heard this no idea if correct but i wanted to travel i'd check that out quick smart 

The current position is a disgrace to be honest.

Emergency services in Bristol , like the rest of the country, will be stretched to breaking point to ensure vital services to the public are maintained. This includes police and  ambulance services which will now be used at a football match. I am sorry but a football match just isn’t that important.

Secondly the revisions to the statement on the website mean it could still be called off. Our team has travelled, our supporters will set off early tomorrow.

Travel will be more dangerous than normal. It is ridiculous they are being asked to travel at all but 

if this game is called off tomorrow morning then City should be ashamed of themselves.

9 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

The current position is a disgrace to be honest.

Emergency services in Bristol , like the rest of the country, will be stretched to breaking point to ensure vital services to the public are maintained. This includes police and  ambulance services which will now be used at a football match. I am sorry but a football match just isn’t that important.

Secondly the revisions to the statement on the website mean it could still be called off. Our team has travelled, our supporters will set off early tomorrow.

Travel will be more dangerous than normal. It is ridiculous they are being asked to travel at all but 

if this game is called off tomorrow morning then City should be ashamed of themselves.

Said it earlier, this was all about making certain our team coach got down to Bristol not matter what !

Self interest form  Bristol City board first, fans home and away sod em !, Hope it goes ahead in front of 2k Wednesday fans and no home fans and we nick it. Wouldn't be surprised to see em, turn the bloody pitch sprinklers on !