Encouraging news about JT

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

Not sure, but I have a 50inch screen in HD, watched in slow and normal time, and as an added benifit had my telly glasses on, :wacko:

There was no contact, reports about a bust eye socket, drivel.

I reckon that he missed the tackle and was embarrassed, played dead.

If it transpires that I am wrong I will apologies, but I believe what I saw.

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back on topic, great news that Jordan looks set to make a full recovery far quicker than initially feared. My worry was that there'd be significant gashing due to it being a thwack AND a stud scrape, possibly even vision problems which would be devastating for a player of his age at this promising stage in his career (not to mention incredibly rare and freakishly unlucky in football). Even something non-threatening like significant scarring would be a huge confidence blow at this lad's age. Great news all round that he appears to have emerged bruised but intact.

I hope this makes him stronger and braver, not the opposite, 'cos he's doing very well and it was a very bold attempt to throw it all on the line and atone for an error - we need more players who'll do that. In truth it's probably one of the freakiest knocks he's ever going to get, and while I would never have wished it on him, it's good to get this sort of stuff under your belt early doors and come out the other side without that nagging fear holding you back.

Well done Jordan and all the best for a quick return!

Edited by Mr. Tom

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Back on topic, great news that Jordan looks set to make a full recovery far quicker than initially feared. My worry was that there'd be significant gashing due to it being a thwack AND a stud scrape, possibly even vision problems which would be devastating for a player of his age at this promising stage in his career (not to mention incredibly rare and freakishly unlucky in football). Even something non-threatening like significant scarring  would be a huge confidence blow at this lad's age. Great news all round that he appears to have emerged bruised but in tact.

I hope this makes him stronger and braver, not the opposite, 'cos he's doing very well and it was a very bold attempt to throw it on the line and atone for an error - we need more who'll do that. In truth it's probably one of the freakiest knocks he's ever going to get and while I would never have wished it on him, it's good to get this sort of stuff under your belt early doors and come out the other side without that nagging fear holding you back.

I have these. not uncommon on OWLSTALK.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

Not sure, but I have a 50inch screen in HD, watched in slow and normal time, and as an added benifit had my telly glasses on, :wacko:

Have you heard of Occam's razor. The most plausible solution to a problem is usually the one which makes the fewest assumptions.

if you have similar problems with believing a lot of things in life you might do well to follow this simple premise.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Have you heard of Occam's razor. The most plausible solution to a problem is usually the one which makes the fewest assumptions.

if you have similar problems with believing a lot of things in life you might do well to follow this simple premise.

Since your giving out advice I will retort with mine, read all posts I have made before assuming you know the answers to problems I may have.

2 hours ago, daleblue said:

Well Reallondonowl was so convinced of the eye socket injury he started a thread about it.....

This is typical of what happens on Owlstalk, folk post stuff that is completely wrong and in a lot of cases

It proliferates to complete bolloxx through the site. 

One of you is wrong.

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Back on topic, great news that Jordan looks set to make a full recovery far quicker than initially feared. My worry was that there'd be significant gashing due to it being a thwack AND a stud scrape, possibly even vision problems which would be devastating for a player of his age at this promising stage in his career (not to mention incredibly rare and freakishly unlucky in football). Even something non-threatening like significant scarring would be a huge confidence blow at this lad's age. Great news all round that he appears to have emerged bruised but intact.

I hope this makes him stronger and braver, not the opposite, 'cos he's doing very well and it was a very bold attempt to throw it all on the line and atone for an error - we need more players who'll do that. In truth it's probably one of the freakiest knocks he's ever going to get, and while I would never have wished it on him, it's good to get this sort of stuff under your belt early doors and come out the other side without that nagging fear holding you back.

Significant gashing is a great turn of phrase. But seriously hope JT is OK - great prospect 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, victorturner said:

Good news. We await coverage on the Star website.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-jordan-thorniley-s-injury-not-as-bad-as-first-feared-1-9028709

Published: 16:22 (30mins before you posted the above) it says :rolleyes:

maybe....

photo.jpg?w=748&h=561&crop=1

Only messing mate, they probably faked the published time after reading your comment on here....we know what they are like...:ph34r:

Edited by steveger

3 hours ago, daleblue said:

No recording broadcast on TV could catch a blink of an eye in real time with enough quality for you to stop on the moment the eye is fully closed.   It's not the pixel depth, it's the speed of recording.

1 minute ago, a_weishaupt said:

No recording broadcast on TV could catch a blink of an eye in real time with enough quality for you to stop on the moment the eye is fully closed.   It's not the pixel depth, it's the speed of recording.

Try reading back, all sorted thanks.

Can't believe anyone is doubting this. I've watched it. Yes he makes a mistake but you can see as soon as the Millwall player catches him, he puts his hands to his face straight away. They hadn't scored by that point. Was conscious initially but then lost consciousness and needed oxygen. Was treated by both Wednesday and Millwall physios and doctors, such was the level of concern. 

Their player was tweeting last night saying he caught him with his studs and wishing him a speedy recovery. 

Anyway thank god he's okay but unfortunately looking as if he's going to be out for a few weeks. 

4 hours ago, daleblue said:

Did you have it on reight channel.Just saying like.