Encouraging news about JT

3 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

This is almost like that time somebody said Van Aken should've blocked with his near foot on conceding that goal and I had to replay the highlights in slow motion to see that in fact he had done exactly that and not the "far leg".

So.... into the highlights I went and I slowed it way down to play through the incident...

See JT's head as he goes into the direction and then how you see more of his ear and it's even more turned towards the byline in the last shot, and I don't think it's cos JT's checking out Wallace's bum. I don't blame Wallace for a second that the heel of his right foot clips something in JT's face; but the frames suggest contact.

jt1.png.9897f02112d089927763c76ca56e6d76.pngjt2.png.9384e7d882d41e29c3f1be2995d7b2d6.pngjt3.PNG.1a36163b2d2ec382378b6aa616f1b852.PNG

2 feet off the ground studs showing makes contact way above the ball ......red card 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, daleblue said:

Since your giving out advice I will retort with mine, read all posts I have made before assuming you know the answers to problems I may have.

I said IF you have problems believing things which the majority of people see a simple explanation for you may be better to accept the simple explanation. I'm not assuming I know the answers to your specific problems or indeed assuming you have any problems. I was only advising an approach for modifying your belief system IF you find yourself often at odds with the common consensus. There is nothing wrong with disagreement it is just that you reminded me of a close friend who digs himself into a hole quite often trying to defend the indefensible. I have said the same thing to him.

To be fair you accuse me of assuming I know the answers to your problems yet you were assuming you knew the answer to Thorniley's problem thus opening yourself up to the comments you have received

If you do have any problems then of course I wish you well with them but I have no need to read all of your posts to justifiably comment on your incorrect opinion of Thorniley's injury.

You have apologised so fair play to you but your original diagnosis caused needless friction.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 hours ago, daleblue said:

Not sure, but I have a 50inch screen in HD, watched in slow and normal time, and as an added benifit had my telly glasses on, :wacko:

There was no contact, reports about a bust eye socket, drivel.

I reckon that he missed the tackle and was embarrassed, played dead.

If it transpires that I am wrong I will apologies, but I believe what I saw.

I agree it was a pathetic challenge but this is a bit out of order mate.  You don't stay down and go unconscious with no contact.

10 hours ago, daleblue said:

Not sure, but I have a 50inch screen in HD, watched in slow and normal time, and as an added benifit had my telly glasses on, :wacko:

Absolute rubbish!

7 hours ago, torryowl said:

2 feet off the ground studs showing makes contact way above the ball ......red card 

Well, you need context and view the whole situation again for that. Wallace does all he can to jump across when JT comes sliding in. He's not to fault for his trailing foot clipping.

If anything it's the ref I blame for not halting play when both he and linesman ought to be able to see something happened to JT's head in the duel.

But the point is moot; we're not getting anything from this match and let's just hope JT's back fighting for us soon.

Edited by N0rtherner

1 hour ago, OzOwl said:

Red card?

Behave!

lol

i'm a" letter of the law" type of bloke .......rules is rules and the law says if you go into a challenge with both feet off the ground with your studs showing and make contact with a players boat  then it's a red card .......trevor kettle would have give it :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

Can't believe you even thought he was acting in the first place

Football players do it all the time, how many players have we seen in the past fake head injuries when nothing has happened, why should our players be any different? 

15 hours ago, daleblue said:

Should have gone to Specsavers

1 hour ago, Costello 77 said:

This thread is reminiscent of the teenage anomaly of having fruity dreams about your ugly aunty..... slightly disturbing... inexplicable and best forgotten asap.

FFS.

If you need to talk about it please open up.

We are all good listeners on here and I'm pretty sure there must be at least half a dozen psychoanalysts posting.

• Haha 1