Encouraging news about JT

22 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Not sure, but I have a 50inch screen in HD, watched in slow and normal time, and as an added benifit had my telly glasses on, :wacko:

There was no contact, reports about a bust eye socket, drivel.

I reckon that he missed the tackle and was embarrassed, played dead.

If it transpires that I am wrong I will apologies, but I believe what I saw.

I reckon even if Thorniley had been repeatedly stamped in the eye sockets by a bloke wearing metal blades, he'd still have better eyesight than you... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Out of interest, do you believe the world is flat, or that climate change is a Chinese conspiracy, against all rational evidence to the contrary?

Please, the post not the poster.

37 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Not sure, but I have a 50inch screen in HD, watched in slow and normal time, and as an added benifit had my telly glasses on, :wacko:

There was no contact, reports about a bust eye socket, drivel.

I reckon that he missed the tackle and was embarrassed, played dead.

If it transpires that I am wrong I will apologies, but I believe what I saw.

Holyshit.

Honestly I'm just impressed at Thorniley's reaction times. Even at .25x speed in the YouTube highlights, it takes him less than a second from the point any contact would have occurred to start reacting like said contact would have occurred. That means within the space of a quarter of a second, he had time to register that he had missed the tackle, register he was inches from getting a boot to the face, then decide the best course of action would be to pretend to be injured rather than get back up again. That's just an impressive amount of time to decide you're going to fake something in... With those sorts of reflexes he should be in goal rather than in defense.

The only real mystery is why the Sheffield Wednesday medical staff, St John's Ambulance staff, and one would assume paramedics at the hospital decided to go along with the charade. Kind of impressive really

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

That does help, now I'm a believer.

Wait, haven't you heard?

Jed Wallace was promised a box for the remainder of the season if he went along with the story! Why do you believe him over our own player's reaction or the reaction of trained medical professionals?