Almen Abdi back training with the first team

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
6 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Don’t hold your breath folks.

he’s a waste of time.

Won't hold my breath but will wait to see how he fares under JL.

28 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

played 2nd half vs forest on same side of pitch were I was ,he was excellent that game and helped us to our last victory. id have him on bench ,yes he cant play 90 mins yet but I'm sure he could manage 30-45 mins like he did at forest. 

My thoughts exactly, he gave the forest youngsters a right run around.

4 hours ago, boxing_day said:

I know there is gonna be a lot of waster comments etc. But abdi has been fit for most of the season. He was fit from August to mid December, he just wasn’t involved as not selected by the previous manager. I hope he can get fit enough even for 20/30 mins a game from the bench. Even then he gives us something we don’t have in the final 3rd and that could be the difference.

Maybe it’s blind optimism but I remember the player at Watford, and for us at forest 12 months ago. 

And at Forest this season, came on after 34 mins for Hooper and played very well. 

27 minutes ago, bradowl said:

And at Forest this season, came on after 34 mins for Hooper and played very well. 

So frustrating.

He came on and looked good. Moves the ball simple, but very quick. Proper player. Absolutely no comparison to somebody like Butterfield 

Then a brief walk on part at Brentford and no more to be seen.

I have given up on him but would love to be proved wrong 

Yes, absolutely been so disappointed with all Abdi's injury woes, like many tend to think any kind of comeback might be short lived BUT with our current lack of midfield

creativity just 2 or 3 games from him may be just enough to help us secure enough points for safety.

Right now that will do just fine by me.

Hopefully we'll see a Sheffield Star Newspaper headline...

Almen Abdi looking to repay Chansiri and fans.

"I will prove my worth to the team"

"It's been a nightmare for me"

"I will take my chance"

"I will show the fans, what they thought they was getting when I signed"

"Whatcha gonna do, when Lieutenant Luhukay and Proffessor Abdi run wild on youuuuuu"

4 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Been 3 years since he played regularly. Guy has produced 1 moment, not performance, moment, in 3 years to suggest he should play for us if fit. 

My point is that you don't lose that ability.

Bannan was bob for half of last season, but he's come back to form until injured.

He was Carlos' favourite player, so it was unlikely he'd ever be dislodged.

He continued playing Baz last season, even when his performances were sub-standard.

Abdi isn't the only player who looked turdish under Carlos.

More did than didn't.

If (and I agree with you that it's a big if) Jos can get Abdi playing like he's capable of doing, we're going to have a lot more ammo for the forwards.

Bloody frustrating how it has all panned out with him. 

Honestly, thought he could have been the difference between a playoff team and an automatic one. 

Sadly, it's never worked. Even on the few occasions, he was fit it was quite apparent that Carlos didn't fancy him (despite allegedly signing him). 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Bloody frustrating how it has all panned out with him. 

Honestly, thought he could have been the difference between a playoff team and an automatic one. 

Sadly, it's never worked. Even on the few occasions, he was fit it was quite apparent that Carlos didn't fancy him (despite allegedly signing him). 

Yes, bang on.

And Abdi probably knew it.

It's a clean slate now, a fresh start.

Our survival could well depend on it working this time, because the rest are out.

Probably until doomsday, knowing our luck.

44 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

Yes, absolutely been so disappointed with all Abdi's injury woes, like many tend to think any kind of comeback might be short lived BUT with our current lack of midfield

creativity just 2 or 3 games from him may be just enough to help us secure enough points for safety.

Right now that will do just fine by me.

I'm amazed we can even keep the stewards fit.

Hog Staton barnet.png