Almen Abdi back training with the first team

5 minutes ago, ka58 said:

If you’re on Twitter have a look at his post that says “here are some of my best moments against Sunderland” 

that rep agency he uses are triers that's all I'd say    a match showreel with a few passes on it meh

7 hours ago, mrgund said:

Seriously though this transfer must go down as the all-time most-hyped but yet to really deliver transfer in the history of all transfers. Ever.

We even had Watford fans on their own forums saying how we'd got an absolute gem of a player and how lucky we were.

I hope he can still fulfill this promise, as there has been glimpses at times. But my god, that hype.

Don't be daft......Andy Sinton, Chris Woods, Wim Jonk, FJ9 ......Jordan Rhodes its so hard getting to the pinnacle of most over hyped at Hillsborough.

53 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Return on investment is in the same space as FJ9 and Wim Jonk

Wim Jonk played 68 games in the 2 seasons he was here.

im no Wim Jonk fan - but at the moment he dumps all over abdi.

40 minutes ago, Dalian said:

Plus he was actually ok. 

Yeah he wasn’t that bad - the £5000 non-appearance money has skewed peoples views - the club agreed that with him at the end of the day.

13 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

In his defence he was holding his knee for 65 minutes of that, clearly wasn't fit yet CC made him play 90 mins

Then confirms he was injured the next game!

CC also played him out of position in that game, defensive midfield at the bottom of a diamond.  I quoted that game as an example of where he hasn't had a good game every time he has played, not always his fault tho'

I've not given up on Almen Abdi, could be a game changer for us if fit enough for 45 minutes from the bench.

• Like 1

On 12/02/2018 at 19:52, Athelwulf said:

My point is that you don't lose that ability.

Bannan was bob for half of last season, but he's come back to form until injured.

He was Carlos' favourite player, so it was unlikely he'd ever be dislodged.

He continued playing Baz last season, even when his performances were sub-standard.

Abdi isn't the only player who looked turdish under Carlos.

More did than didn't.

If (and I agree with you that it's a big if) Jos can get Abdi playing like he's capable of doing, we're going to have a lot more ammo for the forwards.

Bannan was never Bob, its a myth, a story made up by those who did not appreciate that he did and those that wanted our fashionable trendy signing Abdi to make the team.

23 hours ago, wisewoodowl said:

CC also played him out of position in that game, defensive midfield at the bottom of a diamond.  I quoted that game as an example of where he hasn't had a good game every time he has played, not always his fault tho'

I've not given up on Almen Abdi, could be a game changer for us if fit enough for 45 minutes from the bench.

lol