Almen Abdi back training with the first team

I've almost given up on him. Desperately wanted him fit and in the side, baffled at his omissions etc previously

But now, I almost forget he's in the squad and can't see it working

He needs to get fit and get some game time before the likes of bannan return, make his mark, because if bannan returns first I can't see abdi getting a sniff again. 

I know there is gonna be a lot of waster comments etc. But abdi has been fit for most of the season. He was fit from August to mid December, he just wasn’t involved as not selected by the previous manager. I hope he can get fit enough even for 20/30 mins a game from the bench. Even then he gives us something we don’t have in the final 3rd and that could be the difference.

Maybe it’s blind optimism but I remember the player at Watford, and for us at forest 12 months ago. 

Seriously though this transfer must go down as the all-time most-hyped but yet to really deliver transfer in the history of all transfers. Ever.

We even had Watford fans on their own forums saying how we'd got an absolute gem of a player and how lucky we were.

I hope he can still fulfill this promise, as there has been glimpses at times. But my god, that hype.

Abdi is a very good player.

He tore us so many new ones in a Watford shirt, we looked like a Swiss cheese.

Not to mention 30 games in the PL.

The ability he has cannot be lost.

This could be his chance with Lee and Booboo Bannan out.

He left Watford because he wanted to play in the middle (and the money, of course).

Let's see if Jos can get him playing like he used to.

If he can, our relegation worries will be a darn sight less than they are now.

Really doubt that underneath all the injuries and the trauma of playing for Carlos there is a good player remaining in Abdi,

Remember Watford fans said Martin Taylor was a good player...I've seen milk turn quicker than him,

Carlos was never gonna end the Bannan love in for Abdi so see what tashy can do but like I say I think it's gone too far to make anything of Abdi in my opinion, I'd be more interested in making a player out of Stobbs, Clare etc and progress through homegrown players now. @Hearing Clare maybe having contract issues makes me sad having us all seen what has become of the Hirst saga. See how that pans out but Abdi ship sailed over a year ago for me.