Barnsley 1 : 1 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

We haven’t got any creativity in the side. Wallace is having his worse season for us. Reach isn’t as good as many on here think. The wing-backs aren’t good enough. We need Bannan back at the very least as he may be more influential in this new formation.

I can’t see where we’re going to improve until we get important players back fit but at the moment we are in serious trouble.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Under the circumstances, that's an excellent point. With FOURTEEN players unavailable and a suspect 11 chosen by Jos I'll take that.

Wildsmith         7     Good performance

Palmer            7.5   Was excellent today, but please learn how to cross

Venancio         6     Played well but pants for their goal

Jones              6     Did well, but maybe the slowest centre back in history

Thorniley        6      Struggled a bit today, but battled well

Fox                 2     Absolutely abysmal

Pelupessy      5      Not impressed so far.  His first touch is a tackle.

Reach            5      We are ruining him playing him in the centre.  Wing back is perfect for him especially against the poorer teams.

Wallace          6      Did OK.  Almost scored a worldie

Joao              6      Looks dangerous.  Didn't quite come off today but he won the penalty

Nuhiu            6      Scored the penalty but not much else.

Desperately need some players back asap.   Think he will put Pudil and Loovens back in on Tuesday and Lees will hopefully be back next Saturday.  We really need Bannan and Hooper back though.

5 minutes ago, Rich_swfc said:

Strange that Rhodes and/or Boyd didn't get on - nex tgame is the cup right so nothing to save them for?

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Be nice if we had a couple of the injured players back for the next league game at Millwall. 

Next league game is Tuesday night isn't it?

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

It does seem crazy that someone who played almost every game in the Prem last season is made to stay on the bench and young Stobbs who struggled for a game at Port Vale this season comes on ahead of him. Nice that we are giving youth a chance but there is a time and a place and when we have Boyd on the bench I think it’s crazy not to use him. 

Indeed. Not going to jump on Jos's back as he's been dealt a dreadful hand but that decision is frankly bizarre. Not to mention Jones playing in defence and the continued faith in Fox.  

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

We cant afford to keep losing the six-pointers, like we did v Birmingham and Burton. A draw today makes it far less likely that Barnsley will be one of the teams that pass us. Ditto when we play Hull, Sunderland and Bolton. Must not lose games.

I’m sorry I don’t agree with you if you think drawing those 4 games are all we need when we have only won 7 all season. who are we going to beat if we can only scrape draws against the bottom teams ? Let’s hope nobody below us win today , Bolton can go above us with their 2 games in hand , Bolton !!! Christ it’s bad 

So, on paper, that was the match we should have won. The rest of the league matches in Feb could well see us net no points. Heading into March on just 34 points is really dangerous. The return of injured players will make or break us (regarding relegation) and the time it takes them to get match fit.

The thing that gets me down and has for ages is the "shots on target"..... it's pathetic for any squad of footballlers, yet again 1 shot on target and i reclon that was the penalty.... shots 14........... shots on target.......1.....

pathetic and has been more or less like that for most of the season, we have NO midfield

is David Blunkett and his dog the attacking coach at our club ?

Edited by steveger

6 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Good point.

Considering what happened last week and the back 4 line up.

Would have deffo started with Boyd. I’d even try hunt at left back ahead of fox.

We are down to the bare bones, something is amiss, we all know that so let’s get behind Jos and see this season out.

I think it’s really odd we are not playing these players. Boyd and Rhodes have a lot of experience whether they are on form or not, that will be the difference and as much as I like to see the younger players get a game, I think it will be the experience that will make the difference. 

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

League 1 one players.

I have us as one of the favourites for relegation. Genuinely.

Totally agree.

Are there 3 teams in the league worse than this team... I’m hard pressed to say there is.

The only advantage we have is we have a few points advantage.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
10 minutes ago, Rich_swfc said:

Strange that Rhodes and/or Boyd didn't get on - nex tgame is the cup right so nothing to save them for?

Isn't it Derby on Tuesday night??

We're bobbage at present, and Jos has to get the best from what he has.

I don't think a point is bad, to be fair.

It's a derby, a six-pointer, and we're away from home.

How Jos would play had he, FF, Hooper, Bannan, Lee etc available remains to be seen, but my gut feeling is that we'd be winning games like these.

17 minutes ago, dnhc said:

you're not seeing anything the majority don't see, we're just keeping everything crossed and hoping for a miracle or two on the run in.

Winning a couple seems a miracle lately , I’m sorry but Jos hasnt the time to mess about with team shape and players swopping  and changing every week . I’m worried sick and just sharing my fears I suppose sort of helps !!!