Jeremy Helan

Helan would be well suited to left winger back as he was never quite a winger but not quite a full back but had pace to burn but its a manager problem now anyone would be better there than fox everyone can see it and we do have options. Reach or hunt/palmer on the wrong side would be much superior to fox there.

His shot in the last minute of the play off final 2 years ago has just landed on the Red Dwarf space ship.

I can't remember who it was, but someone on here described Helan as someone who, 'plays the entire game like it's the last minute of the game'. Textbook description.

Edited by Owls2k

3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

as full backs palmer & fox are adequate .....wing backs not so much 

Fox is not adequate for anything at this level sadly. Has the odd good game in 10 and not his fault he was chosen, he just doesn't have the ability required.

1 minute ago, torryowl said:

Agree neither are any good as wingback, Palmer is Ok as a full back no problem there.

Fox is terrible as a fullback most matches gets skinned on the outside allowing the player to get to the byline I front of him ala the sending off earlier this season.

29 minutes ago, trask43 said:

Helan would be well suited to left winger back as he was never quite a winger but not quite a full back but had pace to burn but its a manager problem now anyone would be better there than fox everyone can see it and we do have options. Reach or hunt/palmer on the wrong side would be much superior to fox there.

Yeah he was a wingback at Man City. .. would inject some pace in the team thats for sure ..

26 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Agreed

Guest Theboylangers
14 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Another case here of a player growing in ability the longer he's gone not playing for us

I believe it's scientific name is the 'Heffernan Effect'

52 minutes ago, ReginaldD said:

Another case here of a player growing in ability the longer he's gone not playing for us

37 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I believe it's scientific name is the 'Heffernan Effect'

Think yo are misreading the thread. 

The majority aren't really being in any way fondly reminiscent of Helan's ability, just stating he is better than what he have currently got in that position which sadly tells its own story.