Jordan the stage is yours

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its gonna be a game of extreme unadventurous hopefulness....Jos can't do owt else with what he has got available...

Sadly the defence is the vital thing at the moment until we get players back.....

I'm going down there tomorrow with an intense feeling of "meh"

Ive had that feeling all season. lol 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, fred mciver said:

Crosser , target man, Rhodes.

We only have 1 of above to get JR back to goal every 2 games.

It aint his fault. And we're stuck with him,  so let's all get behind the lad.

This myth again. He’s missed countless sitters this season.

Off the top of my head:

Free header 6 yards out at ipswich

Free header 10 yards out at Norwich

2 sitters at home to Millwall (ok he scored one goal in this game but should have had 3)

2 sitters against Cardiff last week

If I could be bothered to go back through all the highlights i’d be able to give you more. I can’t remember what teams they have been against. 

Granted we havent given him the the level of service he may have had at other teams, but the reason we paid so much money for him is to win us games when chances are few and far between. He hasn’t delivered that.

Everyone keeps saying he’ll get one and kick on. Well I’m afraid this isn’t true. He scored two against Bolton earlier in the season. Went back to his usual self. He scored at home to Millwall, went back to his usual self.

When will people stop defending him and admit this move hasn’t worked out. It was a gamble that didn’t pay off. Time to cut our losses and move him on.

Edit: worth pointing out that in this team that gets no service Hopper was amongst the top scorers in the division before his injury and was easy on course to get 20 goals.

Edited by Bigger Guns
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bigger Guns said:

Off the top of my head:

2 sitters at home to Millwall (ok he scored one goal in this game but should have had 3)

If I could be bothered to go back through all the highlights i’d be able to give you more. I can’t remember what teams they have been against. 

Granted we havent given him the the level of service he may have had at other teams, but the reason we paid so much money for him is to win us games when chances are few and far between. He hasn’t delivered that.

Everyone keeps saying he’ll get one and kick on. Well I’m afraid this isn’t true. He scored two against Bolton earlier in the season. Went back to his usual self. He scored at home to Millwall, went back to his usual self.

When will people stop defending him and admit this move hasn’t worked out. It was a gamble that didn’t pay off. Time to cut our losses and move him on.

Edit: worth pointing out that in this team that gets no service Hopper was amongst the top scorers in the division before his injury and was easy on course to get 20 goals.

Dennis Hopper?

1 hour ago, Bigger Guns said:

Off the top of my head:

Most top strikers miss countless sitters per game, then pop up with vital winner (see JR in play off final years ago).

As for our crossing stats, very few of those were quality from by -line to target man, for Rhodes to convert.

That's all his game is. He aint gonna ganga press for 90 mins , because he can't.

It's like buying Reach and playing as a goalie.

Even DC admitted some sinister force got him to buy Jordan. Blame Doyen et al.