Jordan the stage is yours

1 hour ago, Bigger Guns said:

This myth again. He’s missed countless sitters this season.

Off the top of my head:

Free header 6 yards out at ipswich

Free header 10 yards out at Norwich

2 sitters at home to Millwall (ok he scored one goal in this game but should have had 3)

2 sitters against Cardiff last week

If I could be bothered to go back through all the highlights i’d be able to give you more. I can’t remember what teams they have been against. 

Granted we havent given him the the level of service he may have had at other teams, but the reason we paid so much money for him is to win us games when chances are few and far between. He hasn’t delivered that.

Everyone keeps saying he’ll get one and kick on. Well I’m afraid this isn’t true. He scored two against Bolton earlier in the season. Went back to his usual self. He scored at home to Millwall, went back to his usual self.

When will people stop defending him and admit this move hasn’t worked out. It was a gamble that didn’t pay off. Time to cut our losses and move him on.

Edit: worth pointing out that in this team that gets no service Hopper was amongst the top scorers in the division before his injury and was easy on course to get 20 goals.

Moving him on is just easier said than done. Same with Fletcher. We're stuck with them until they start to produce and only then will other clubs start to show an interest.

In fairness to Fletcher, it's injuries that have hindered him as when he's been fit he's done alright and I think if we ever go 4-2-3-1 then he's got to be a contender for the target man role but there will always be a question mark over his fitness. 

As for Rhodes, it's down to form pure and simple. You can argue until to the cows come as to why it's not worked out for him here but it hasn't so far. Whether it ever will remains to be seen but his contract and the current injury situation means he'll be persevered with.

13 hours ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Wasn’t there a stat that said we have put more crosses in this season than any other team....?

It's not about the number of crosses it's about the quality.

Send in a fast cross and the attacker gets across the defender and it's a good chance. Send in a high floating cross and the defender can adjust, even if the attacker gets his head to the ball he can't get any power on it so it's a routine save for the keeper.

1 hour ago, Bigger Guns said:

This myth again. He’s missed countless sitters this season.

Off the top of my head:

Free header 6 yards out at ipswich

Free header 10 yards out at Norwich

2 sitters at home to Millwall (ok he scored one goal in this game but should have had 3)

2 sitters against Cardiff last week

If I could be bothered to go back through all the highlights i’d be able to give you more. I can’t remember what teams they have been against. 

Granted we havent given him the the level of service he may have had at other teams, but the reason we paid so much money for him is to win us games when chances are few and far between. He hasn’t delivered that.

Everyone keeps saying he’ll get one and kick on. Well I’m afraid this isn’t true. He scored two against Bolton earlier in the season. Went back to his usual self. He scored at home to Millwall, went back to his usual self.

When will people stop defending him and admit this move hasn’t worked out. It was a gamble that didn’t pay off. Time to cut our losses and move him on.

Edit: worth pointing out that in this team that gets no service Hopper was amongst the top scorers in the division before his injury and was easy on course to get 20 goals.

You can also say that every time he plays he somehow manages to be in the position to have an attempt on goal. The other striking options we currently have usually don’t do that.

For me it’s either Joao or Dave with either Rhodes or Matias