Bannan and Westwood suffer more injury setbacks

This isn't the first set back and wont be the last.

We will have other players get injured or suspended on top of those already out....hence why it's such a shambles that we didn't do any loan business in the window. And yet people were glad we didn't....? On top of this we desperately need a league goal or three from the next 2 games against teams below us otherwise we really will be in a relegation scrap.

37 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Can we have an external consultant to come into the club, shadow the medical and fitness saff and also attend training session and find out what is causing all of these problems

Do we have medical staff that do not know what they are doing.

Fitness staff rushing players back from their rehab too early.

Or training is too physical and for players just back from injury full blooded tackles should be a no no.

Our players take longer than they should to come back from injury then when they do get back they get injured again.

Clearly something is not right with our whole set up, I would clear the decks from top to bottom in the summer and start again with the medical/fitness staff and work on getting the players completely fit for pre season not the 5th or 6th game of the full season.

This is the Carlos Medical team ,What he convinced Chansiri  were better than the team that got the sack .Any improvement ,NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

34 minutes ago, benni8 said:

Your comment

"Now we know why it is not possible" (i.e. Bannan going to Swansea) - Please enlighten us/me on what insider info you had that Bannan was on the verge of a move to Swansea. I'm pretty confident that isn't true and you have just made that up.

If your still wondering about FFP - There is a decent podcast on our FFP on 22nd January on the Wednesday Week. So you can put some facts to your wondering.

Finally, in regards to Westwood being a crock - in 2015 season he made 43 appearances, in 2016 season he made 34 appearances, in 2017 season he made 43 appearances. Almen Aldi is a "crock" - Westwood isn't.

ask the republic of Ireland manager how many squads he has missed over last 3 years. those appearance stats prob inc cups , also in a few of those games he came off injured burton this season ,think he has come off 6 times in last 3 years and had treatment on a number of other occasions . westwood has also had to rest up between games due to injuries and knocks ,its very common knowledge that. for keeper he gets injuries and knocks more than usual . I didn't make bannan thing up ,its just a hunch I had, I know villa are admirers of him ,if he was fit I'm sure we would have had bids for him. we are very lucky like jos says that we have 2 very good young keepers. wildsmith has been outstanding ,he deserves the championship player of the month . I also was sure fessi was going to Fulham for 15 million , but then we found out he had a serious knee op 2 days later. for jos to upgrade the squad he needs those injured players fit this season so we have some players to sell so he can do some wheeling and dealing in summer. 

Just now, handworth52 said:

ask the republic of Ireland manager how many squads he has missed over last 3 years. those appearance stats prob inc cups , also in a few of those games he came off injured burton this season ,think he has come off 6 times in last 3 years and had treatment on a number of other occasions . westwood has also had to rest up between games due to injuries and knocks ,its very common knowledge that. for keeper he gets injuries and knocks more than usual . I didn't make bannan thing up ,its just a hunch I had, I know villa are admirers of him ,if he was fit I'm sure we would have had bids for him. we are very lucky like jos says that we have 2 very good young keepers. wildsmith has been outstanding ,he deserves the championship player of the month . I also was sure fessi was going to Fulham for 15 million , but then we found out he had a serious knee op 2 days later. for jos to upgrade the squad he needs those injured players fit this season so we have some players to sell so he can do some wheeling and dealing in summer. 

I don't need to ask the republic of Ireland manager - Im a Wednesday fan and have seen him make 120 appearances for us in the last 3 seasons. That's not common knowledge its documented fact.

"I didn't make the Bannan thing up - It was just a hunch I had"  - Says it all really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

What is he matter with our training schedule? It would appear that we are suffering mORE injuries in training after supposed recuperation. than we do in actual matches? Something is gravely amiss when we have playerS who are getting injured in training when supposedly coming back from injury. It is not just the one, but seems to be a recurring situation. A player gets an injury in a match. He has a spell recuperating from that injury, goes back to training and gets injured before he's even sepped onto the field of play.

There is something radically wrong with either our medical staff or process,or our training regime. One or the other. The only other conclusion that can be drawn is that the players themselves are "not fit for purpose", in other words, the regime is too tough for our fragile plants.

I would have thought that training would have changed now jos has come in and Carlos and his staff have gone.

we always seem to have a lot of injuries and have done for many years,

I’ve often wondered if there’s something wrong with the pitches at the training ground ! And if I remember rightly didn’t Chris Turner look into moving to the old Westfield school site? 

7 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

This isn't the first set back and wont be the last.

We will have other players get injured or suspended on top of those already out....hence why it's such a shambles that we didn't do any loan business in the window. And yet people were glad we didn't....? On top of this we desperately need a league goal or three from the next 2 games against teams below us otherwise we really will be in a relegation scrap.

anyone that thinks all our injured players will be back by april and injury free are on summut . if we get 2-3 of them back by march and stay fit for rest of season then I reckon that's about best we can hope for . most of the  players out have had injures or operations in the last 1-2 years . hooper,fletcher.lee, abdi,westwood,lees ,forestieri ,Hutchinson have all had lots of injury situations.

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

You never played football have you? Because if you had you'd know that sometimes after being given the all clear to start proper training the first session you do drags you back to the treatment table because you get niggles from other areas due to the over compensation when you're struggling with a certain injury. I had it recovering from my ACL replacement and as soon as I started back training I had all sorts of niggles on my good knee. Just have to be patient and the longer you are out the more patient you have to be.

Not been a footballer myself. But from my understanding of medicine you have a really good point here.

The majority of long term injuries are the result of secondary injuries when the player is returned to actual match training. Often due to the recovery time from an injury other muscles have weakened.

Any one who has had a broken leg will tell you just how much muscle wastage occurs in that relatively short time scale when they have a cast on. This is obviously a major problem to professional athletes. Yet we as fans clamor for them to be rushed back.

I would love to see FF and GH available for the first team. But it may be a good medical team suggest wait a bit longer and have them back fully fit. 

54 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

It’s been nothing short of crazy this season

To my knowledge, none of our players have been stretchered off during a game this season. Usually a good indicator of serious injury and an expected lengthy spell on the sidelines

What has happened instead is players have often finished games or been substituted with with no obvious sign of injury but then are suddenly missing for months on end

Is someone kicking six bells of s@it out of them in the dressing room ??

Winnall must have really left his mark then by the sounds of this ..........

FFS.......

• Haha 1

Just now, Athelwulf said:

Bang goes our defensive record under Jos then. lol

Hes already improved a few If he does the same with Van Aken then we really will have a player on our hands . Lees Venancio and Van Aken as a back three doesn't sound bad to me when fit of course

1 hour ago, benni8 said:

Your comment

"Now we know why it is not possible" (i.e. Bannan going to Swansea) - Please enlighten us/me on what insider info you had that Bannan was on the verge of a move to Swansea. I'm pretty confident that isn't true and you have just made that up.

If your still wondering about FFP - There is a decent podcast on our FFP on 22nd January on the Wednesday Week. So you can put some facts to your wondering.

Finally, in regards to Westwood being a crock - in 2015 season he made 43 appearances, in 2016 season he made 34 appearances, in 2017 season he made 43 appearances. Almen Aldi is a "crock" - Westwood isn't.

Stop talking sense to these people. It's Owlstalk

FFS

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Martin ONeil does not like Keiren Westwood he has been far and away the best and most consistent of any of the Irish keeper but O'Neil would only play him in pointless friendly instead he played others because they were in the premier League, now no Premiership Irish keepers left guess what Westwood still not getting played.

He would be better of quiting the Irish team until O'Neil is replaced as he will never play while he stays manager

29 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Westwood must be the most injury prone gk in history

Wet lettuce 

Trust me when I say this while Westwood has been at Hillsborough he has had one of the best records for injuries of any keeper in the last 20 years.

The problem the whole squad has is the first season Stuart Gray and other teams where we signed players from had got the players fit, this was shown when we signed Hooper, McManaman and other when players came in to the club unfit Carlos took months to get them into shape.

Last season the cracks on the fitness side started to show but the workers Lee/Bannan/Reach cover for the players struggling.

This season Lee and Bannan have been handled so poorly by the medical staff and flogged like dead horses, force to play injured or come back to soon, the perfect example of this was Hutch out injured for most of the season came back to play 3 games in 7 days and surprise surprise he broke down again, injured players rush back like Loovens with no reserve or youth team outing to get match sharpness what happens sent off in first 5 mins. Carlos and his team that includes all the backroom staff have a lot to answer for allowing this to happen.

I hope Jos in the summer clears the lot of them out, Bar maybe Andy Rhodes - the one that has disappointed me most though is Lee Bullen - CC No 2 and he has allowed unfit players to be rushed back, but as I suspect Bullen was not the No2 he was the token British guy in the backroom staff. 

I have no idea whats happening...Maybe its me but...

I can remember it being fairly rare that players were injured, long term, by simply f.ookin' training...

I know you could be at the match, see someone take a knock , go down, or pull up and go off..Think..."OOh could be out for a couple"

These days at hillsborough its ALL done in private FFS!...Bannan ..in training..Lee disappears...Mathias...Abdi..Fletcher FFS!...whats up with Fletcher?..

Hooper etc etc..

Who in the name of f.ook are they training with........ The SAS?

"Sheffield Wednesday have announced they will no longer be using live ammunition in their training regime at Hereford barracks"

Im mean..are they swingin' through the  trees in Wynn Gardens?

Playing chicken on the tram tracks on Middlewood road?

Whats going on...

• Haha 1