Bannan and Westwood suffer more injury setbacks

At this stage of the season I'm really not bothered, as long as they are fully fit and conditioned to a high standard come start of next season that's all I'm worried about. 

I still don't think I have ever seen any injury crisis at any other football club this bad, ever. 

Can we get Watchdog involved to go under cover and investigate?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

Hes already improved a few If he does the same with Van Aken then we really will have a player on our hands . Lees Venancio and Van Aken as a back three doesn't sound bad to me when fit of course

Hope you're right.

At the moment he seems to be able to do everything but defend.

The counter argument is: what did Brighton want for Dunk?

Tall CBs who can play aren't readily available at affordable prices, so we'll have to develop one, as you say.

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Todays press conference saw Jos Luhukay tell the fans that Barry Bannan and Kieran Westwood have suffered yet more injury setbacks on their road to recovery

Bannan hasn't been training with the team admitted Jos. He was training with the first team but suffered a breakdown in training and is now back working full time with the medical team

Westwood suffered a very similar fate and the return dates of the two players are now unknown

Tom Lees and Van Aken are expected to be back training with the squad next week however so a glimmer of good news there

You couldn't make it up.

Put them all in a box ,label ,FRAGILE,HANDLE WITH CARE reopen box July 1st for pre season training.

What an absolute shambles

9 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

What is he matter with our training schedule? It would appear that we are suffering mORE injuries in training after supposed recuperation. than we do in actual matches? Something is gravely amiss when we have playerS who are getting injured in training when supposedly coming back from injury. It is not just the one, but seems to be a recurring situation. A player gets an injury in a match. He has a spell recuperating from that injury, goes back to training and gets injured before he's even sepped onto the field of play.

There is something radically wrong with either our medical staff or process,or our training regime. One or the other. The only other conclusion that can be drawn is that the players themselves are "not fit for purpose", in other words, the regime is too tough for our fragile plants.

Or....it's just bad luck which happens at every club from time to time....I'm not saying it is but it's a possibility, we don't really know & probably never will but blaming medical staff etc seems to be the easy thing at the minute.

Some teams go through an entire season sometimes with little or no injuries, is that down to better than average medical/fitness people or just good luck that season?

Has Bannan cut himself shaving or hurt himself perming his fingernails. 

Obviously Westwood was going to have a setback seeing as he wasn't going ti get back into the team. 

He didn't want the ignominity of being dropped and relegated to the subs bench. 

So he's got a new injury.

How exactly have these players got extra injuries when already injured? 

Forestieri has been out longer than someone with three broken legs. 

If all of wednesdays players were on disability benefit people on here would be calling them scroungers and malingerers. 

Wednesday have so many long term injured players. Under cc they didn't train, didn't tackle, didn't run didn't do anything that would have got them suck severe long term injuries. 

It's time to sort out these players and of the are crocks then pay them off and dump them. 

Too many of our players are overpaid and underworked. 

Too many of our players have long term unexplained injuries that suddenly appeared when the going got tough at Hillsborough 

15 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

You make your own luck in life in vast majority of situations. Logic tells you our injury position is not just about luck. The Chairman should be asking for a detailed report on training regimes, the pitches, rest times for recovery, basically ever aspect of the way the players train and prepare.

Whilst some signings have not worked out and even with almost a first team out injured, the idea we don't have relatively good strength in depth is ridiculous. On paper we have more than enough if managed properly by the right management team.

I suggest you look at other teams and you will notice injuries are common especially in older players.

We have an over bloated squad with very little quality outside first team regulars.

Buying the wrong players has been the biggest problem.

On 02/02/2018 at 12:04, james o connor said:

Beyond a joke really isn’t it ....

we need bannan back , Westwood really isn’t an issue 

Agree about westwood. Wildsmith has done as well , if not better since he came into the team .